[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

rbray: can I request that you make city lights (and daytime textures) independent from the terrain textures. The values I've given for terrain to make the terminators look nice also effect the city lights making them too obvious after the sun has risen.

It is the overhaul version that I'm testing. My trials have been with downloaded untweaked copies and I'm getting those results. I have now resorted to copying the same tweaked folders from my previous install and I'm still getting the results as I've mentioned so far. Part 6 coming up shortly

KSP Version? EVE Version? Packs? OS? etc... Do you use ATM or Texture Replacer? Looks like overhaul, but the 2D cloud layer isn't smooth when it hits the mountains... Are you up-to-date with EVE?

KSP x64bit 0.24.2

Packs?

Windows 8.1

Latest Nvidia Drivers on GTX770

Latest x64 from the Github "Overhaul" branch. (Now 22 days old) My settings should be default. I'll try deleting and re-installing Overhaul.

No texture replacer mod. No ATM.

I had tried this with Nvidia control panel set to both "Application Controlled" defaults across the board OR with highest quality settings. Both modes exhibit the same problem.

KSP x64bit 0.24.2

Packs?

Windows 8.1

Latest Nvidia Drivers on GTX770

Latest x64 from the Github "Overhaul" branch. (Now 22 days old) My settings should be default. I'll try deleting and re-installing Overhaul.

No texture replacer mod. No ATM.

I had tried this with Nvidia control panel set to both "Application Controlled" defaults across the board OR with highest quality settings. Both modes exhibit the same problem.

By default, PNGs aren't given mip-maps by KSP, but I thought I added a handle to fix that. I'll have to check to see.

- - - Updated - - -

rbray: can I request that you make city lights (and daytime textures) independent from the terrain textures. The values I've given for terrain to make the terminators look nice also effect the city lights making them too obvious after the sun has risen.

Not sure what you mean here...

Here is where I am with the modern cities:

As you can see, some regions here and there are already seamless (center left and others), but most still aren't (as you can see in the middle).

This is only an early look at what it will roughly look like when it's done. It will be much more seamless.

The actual texture is 10 times bigger.

Edited by Astronomer

Here is where I am with the modern cities:

As you can see, some regions here and there are already seamless (center left and others), but most still aren't (as you can see in the middle).

This is only an early look at what it will roughly look like when it's done. It will be much more seamless.

The actual texture is 10 times bigger.

Oh my god I've been searching for that video forever danks u r proper mlg bloke m8. Add me on xbox gamrtag is: [FaZe] xXx_DotheDoritodewNoscopeprodragquicklowscope( á° Üʖ á°)_XxX

But seriously, that looks awesome :)

What would be the best EVE pack to use for a somewhat crash-happy computer? Just the standard LR one (which is what I'm using currently), or something else?

I'm not already overstressing my RAM with part packs (SP+, EVE, ATM and a bunch of utility mods is pretty much it), but it's an old and slightly battered laptop (used to be my laboratory computer, has had a fair bit of blood and rat pee wiped off it) that was never intended as a games machine.

I love the clouds and I like my pretty, and I wonder if I'm limiting my aesthetics more than I need to be.

Oh my god I've been searching for that video forever danks u r proper mlg bloke m8. Add me on xbox gamrtag is: [FaZe] xXx_DotheDoritodewNoscopeprodragquicklowscope( á° Üʖ á°)_XxX

But seriously, that looks awesome :)

Gud 2 hear, m9. Add me on Heroes&Generals, scrub.

Ma usanaym iz [FaZe]xXx360Noscoper420xXx (actually).

Hey Rbray,

I have just the normal latest version no extra stuff because I am using RSS and they don't seem to be compatible with it. But, I am not seeing any clouds. What I do see, is what looks like a thin fog in the sky that is traveling at tremendous speed. This fog is traveling east at around 400 meters a second. Is this how its supposed to be? I was expecting white fluffy clouds floating peacefully in the sky. Can I fix it somehow? thanks

Capture.png

Updated with license in DL: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/7-4 No new content... Yet.

Speaking of "new" stuff, any chance you could, when you update, remove the word "new" from the subject and replace it with the date you update? That way we can see at a glance if it's updated recently.

Hey Rbray,

I have just the normal latest version no extra stuff because I am using RSS and they don't seem to be compatible with it. But, I am not seeing any clouds. What I do see, is what looks like a thin fog in the sky that is traveling at tremendous speed. This fog is traveling east at around 400 meters a second. Is this how its supposed to be? I was expecting white fluffy clouds floating peacefully in the sky. Can I fix it somehow? thanks

http://s30.postimg.org/9yqwat4xd/Capture.png

RSS requires config changes to render correctly. I think there is a config on one of the RSS pages.

Speaking of "new" stuff, any chance you could, when you update, remove the word "new" from the subject and replace it with the date you update? That way we can see at a glance if it's updated recently.

Done. (American Date)

im getting this error with the clouds

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

any ideas to what could cause this?

im getting this error with the clouds

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

any ideas to what could cause this?

Is it a re-occuring error, or just happens a couple times near the space center transition> What version are you using?

- - - Updated - - -

I cant get it works the clouds thing. I need to have clouds in ksp :P

I have tried the x64 version and didnt work well... sometimes works, sometimes doesnt... and if it works, work like in MRBLAQ pciture

You are trying the overhaul? Or the release version?

Done. (American Date)
Not to nitpick but wouldn't yyyy-mm-dd be more universally understandable? It seems the (semi) norm on the forum too.
Since as everyone knows I have more mods than fingers, and I use mm/dd/yy, I'd say rbray is just following my set norm. :P

I always say this, and I feel this needs to be said here:

Make decisions because they are logical, not necessarily because they match the decisions of the majority. In this case, it can be applied both nationwide and worldwide.

Now, what is more logical: a chronological DD-MM-YYYY date format (recognized globally, cyan); or a seemingly random MM-DD-YYYY date format (recognized in only one country (as well as Belize), known to have made worst decisions possible concerning [scientific] measurement in the past)?

Date_format_by_country.svg

As a Canadian, I deal with three different formats on regular basis. However, being a (generally) scientific community, KSP Forums is not the appropriate place to argue about measurements. Let's admit it - it is stupid. Even Mexico, the home country of KSP uses DD-MM-YYYY. Shall we all agree on using one specific date format? How about we use DD-MM-YYYY, does that sound rational? What do you all think?

Edited by Astronomer

To me, that's almost as good. But I prefer ascending format as it tells you what matters first. Most of the time, you do no need to see the year as much as the day. You shouldn't have any food from another year to start with unless it's unperishable. That's why we eat all the food on January 1st (not really, but the thought amuses me).

Now there is the correct answer.... Just .... off everyone.... LoL..... As if anyone really cares....

I find myself not overly burdened by format problems while flying my bug eyed brussels sprouts around their galaxy.....

It is way too hard to concentrate while laughing this hard.......