[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

If that's the cause, why are they initially compiled in that format?

They're not "compiled". They were saved in TGA format because, at the time, that was the lest screwed up texture format for KSP. New bugs in KSP affect TGAs but not PNGs or MBMs.

I have the same problem, and I tried to convert them to .png files, but the issue is still the same. Here is a screenshot of it:

Bug screenshot

Yeah, that looks like the TGA issue. Are you sure you converted them correctly? I have to ask because a lot of us, myself included, were suffering from this very same bug and it was the tga's that did it. I tell you what, try using these files instead and let me know if it works or not. If these don't work, these are the png files I use, then it may be a conflict with something else.

Hosted on my dropbox

Note, this isn't an official fix. I'm only providing these for testing a solution.

Yeah, that looks like the TGA issue. Are you sure you converted them correctly? I have to ask because a lot of us, myself included, were suffering from this very same bug and it was the tga's that did it. I tell you what, try using these files instead and let me know if it works or not. If these don't work, these are the png files I use, then it may be a conflict with something else.

Hosted on my dropbox

Note, this isn't an official fix. I'm only providing these for testing a solution.

This fix seems to have worked for me: I deleted the TGA files, and replaced the .pngs in the GameData/BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures directory, and I have city lights back in appropriate places (at least as far I can tell).

Thanks for the unofficial fix, have some rep!

I found a large issue with the overhaul. I know it's in development but I figure this is worth bringing up. ALT-E already has a use, it's trim. While rocket builds don't really appreciate this mechanic, it's very important for airplanes. Probably best not to put any shortcuts on QWEASD.

I found a large issue with the overhaul. I know it's in development but I figure this is worth bringing up. ALT-E already has a use, it's trim. While rocket builds don't really appreciate this mechanic, it's very important for airplanes. Probably best not to put any shortcuts on QWEASD.

That's easy to change, see line 44 in EveManager.

Thanks! I thought I'd heard that somewhere before, doesn't that mean I need to recompile the dll? (understanding of course that it isn't the public version and my mileage may vary) I'm not set up to do that on this computer.

Edited by Hyomoto

I must say, that the clouds & shadows in the dev version are freak'n fantastic!!!!! Keep up the great work.

They are but they terrian tearing on the coastlines is really bad. Am I the only one seeing it?

The tearing is better than it was with the city lights in the current version. They day side of the planet looks great in the overhaul, but the night side has a lot of visual oddities. I went back to using the stable version and I suggest everyone else do the same. There are reasons rbay hasn't put it out to the public yet.

The tearing is better than it was with the city lights in the current version. They day side of the planet looks great in the overhaul, but the night side has a lot of visual oddities. I went back to using the stable version and I suggest everyone else do the same. There are reasons rbay hasn't put it out to the public yet.

I did the same. Solid advice. Everybody, lets stop searching for our Christmas presents while our parents are out, kk?