[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Need more info than just "doesn't work."

my vessels don't load, nor do the planet textures (as seen in screenshots i linked). tested it and i know it's EVE causing it.

Try changing the texture quality in your settings. And make sure all your settings are set correctly. I had to redo all of mine this update.

I just tried that. no luck

Look in the game root folder and run the launcher, there are settings found there that are not found elsewhere. Including forcing win64 version. Which was on when I first checked it. Its unstable and many mods are disabled in the x64 version. There is also an AMD compatibility toggle, incase you run an AMD box.

Look in the game root folder and run the launcher, there are settings found there that are not found elsewhere. Including forcing win64 version. Which was on when I first checked it. Its unstable and many mods are disabled in the x64 version. There is also an AMD compatibility toggle, incase you run an AMD box.

tried that too. still no luck ;.;

there is an amd toggle on the launcher? That should really be posted somewhere more obvious. lmao ty for the info.

So am I correct to assume that even though this mod states .24 that it should still work with stock .90? Or do you hafto do something special to get it to work.

Hi, got a hell of a problem..loaded EVE, and when loading game, my cpu hit 100% and game crashed...i have a quad core haswell i7 running at 4ghz, so normally no problem...tried it with out EVE and everything working fine.

I can run EVE fine but I don't use citylights I posted a picture a couple posts above to prove it. Im running it with about 25 other mods untill KAS gets updated. I always had problems with this mod with the city lights, try removing that and see what it does. Me and my son both have it and its same old EVE!!

Both issues sound like a memory problem with KSP. Try the low res version and make sure you launch KSP via the 32bit (x86) launcher, which is the default path on Steam, if you have not bothered making a copy of the stock install and put your mods into the copy, which I highly recommend.

If you are using the Steam paths and have upgraded the game with mods still in there, I would also recommend wiping the game folder clean and installing afresh. I remember when I was new to the game I made the mistake of updating the game with mod folders still in the install, and it messed things up considerably. At the very least delete Boulder Co and EVE folders, redownload the current version (7-4) and retry that.

Although it has not been officially updated it does seem to work fine, for me and several others. If you are also using another beautification mod ontop alot of those will not be fully functional until the likes of the Real Solar System plugin, and several other dependances, get updated. EVE alone, however, should work if everything is done correctly. There is a new version coming with alot more new features if you want to hold out for that.

If after all this you still get memory spiking look into Active Texture Management and using openGL mode.

there is an amd toggle on the launcher? That should really be posted somewhere more obvious. lmao ty for the info.

So am I correct to assume that even though this mod states .24 that it should still work with stock .90? Or do you hafto do something special to get it to work.

I tried playing in 0.9, but it crashed. :(

I tried playing in 0.9, but it crashed. :(

I'm currently running E.V.E. with .90, best to make sure texture replacer is updated to .90. So far it has been working perfectly for me. I'm running Win x64 on an 8x AMD FX 8350, with two Sapphire 5770s in Crossfire mode. 32 GB DDR3 1600 mhz ram and an ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z MoBo.

64 gigs? Are you serious?

That's actually pretty common for rendering machines and people who host servers. Similar setup on my rendering machine and ksp still slows to a crawl/crashes sometimes. Unity's memory limits are a real bummer.

...got 64gb ddr3 ram....

Doesn't matter to a 32-bit process. It has a 4GB memory map and over 0.5 of that is used for special memory mapping. Somewhere between 3 and 3.5GB of memory use, 32-bit processes hit the limit.