[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Is AVP compatible with Active Texture Management?

I have a problem where some planets are horribly discolored. Lerbin, Duna, and Jool look like the Pepsi symbol. I'm running ATM on KSP 0.90. When initially loading with ATM it takes a long while to load BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures

So, um, I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen.

http://imgur.com/a/gUjqW

Originally, all I had installed was this mod in accordance with the Interstellar V2 visuals pack (apart from the optional features), Engineer, and the docking alignment indicator and I was loading fine. Then, I tried using the B9 parts with it, but that ran my game out of memory, so I uninstalled the parts. For no reason that makes sense to me, my game continued to run out of memory despite being back at what was originally a stable state. I was running out of memory and just crashing at the end of loading, so I installed Active Texture Management. The game finally loads and has memory to spare, even with the B9 parts added back in, but album related happens.

I've tried going into the BoulderCo config file in ATM and setting everything to false - didn't work. I've tried just deleting the cached textured for BoulderCo in ATM - didn't work. I tried deleting the cached textures and the config in ATM -see where I'm going with this? I also attempted running in OpenGL mode without ATM to see if I could save memory that way and bypass the problem, but it just leaves me with a tiny section of the screen visible in the lower left that flickers.

I'm out of ideas and I've already read this and the ATM thread to no avail.

EDIT- I guess I was just in despair. I ended up uninstalling everything and reinstalling one at a time. It now works fine. If anyone else had these messed up clouds/floating cities, I suggest you do the same.

Edited by Palmput

This should be posted into the frequently asked questions if it isn't already. EVE is terribly sensitive to memory and file types. It's very common for the cloud layer to use the wrong texture if you are very close to the memory ceiling or the city lights textures are saved as the default TGA. It's very possible you can fix this simply by converting those textures to PNG. I've experienced a wide range of issues with EVE and all of them have been fixed by reducing my memory footprint. That's not to say there are no other issues that can crop up, but it's where I strongly recommend all troubleshooting for EVE start.

Question if i may. First post has hi-res download link. Yet in the repository file name ends with LR, like in low-res. Also, ingame clouds seem flat and square`ish. Is it correct link for hires? I always used EVE with Astronomers pack, but thats got too heavy for me recently, as all my part-packs grew bigger, and im tired of crashes every 30 minutes. I need some clouds that doesnt look like gray squares at 150-300km where most of my junk is. I can pass on other planets since im happy doing stuff in Kerbins SOI*.

* Altho New years eve 50t+ somewhat SSTO capital ship named "2015" manned by 6 Kerbals is already in LKO ready to go elsewhere at midnight. Duna or Eve? I like pink things.

0.90.0 is working fine for me, but only in 64bit for some reason. I think it's deleting itself with ATM in 32bit, because when I load the game with both EVE and ATM there's no change other than a weird floating light that passes by over the Mun on the menu screen. When I load it without ATM in 32bit it shows Kerbin as one giant pink and black "Texture Missing" ball. In 64bit however, everything works fine, with or without ATM, so long as Interstellar is not installed. Interstellar ruins everything it's so big. T_T

So yeah, in short, So long as you use 64bit KSP, EVE with or without ATM(Active Texture Management) works just fine so long as you don't use Interstellar. Period.

So, um, I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen.

http://imgur.com/a/gUjqW

Originally, all I had installed was this mod in accordance with the Interstellar V2 visuals pack (apart from the optional features), Engineer, and the docking alignment indicator and I was loading fine. Then, I tried using the B9 parts with it, but that ran my game out of memory, so I uninstalled the parts. For no reason that makes sense to me, my game continued to run out of memory despite being back at what was originally a stable state. I was running out of memory and just crashing at the end of loading, so I installed Active Texture Management. The game finally loads and has memory to spare, even with the B9 parts added back in, but album related happens.

I've tried going into the BoulderCo config file in ATM and setting everything to false - didn't work. I've tried just deleting the cached textured for BoulderCo in ATM - didn't work. I tried deleting the cached textures and the config in ATM -see where I'm going with this? I also attempted running in OpenGL mode without ATM to see if I could save memory that way and bypass the problem, but it just leaves me with a tiny section of the screen visible in the lower left that flickers.

I'm out of ideas and I've already read this and the ATM thread to no avail.

EDIT- I guess I was just in despair. I ended up uninstalling everything and reinstalling one at a time. It now works fine. If anyone else had these messed up clouds/floating cities, I suggest you do the same.

I had the same issue, I think some (all?) of the things in the "Essential" part of the optional 4th step (doesn't make any sense, go figure) is actually required.

0.90.0 is working fine for me, but only in 64bit for some reason. I think it's deleting itself with ATM in 32bit, because when I load the game with both EVE and ATM there's no change other than a weird floating light that passes by over the Mun on the menu screen. When I load it without ATM in 32bit it shows Kerbin as one giant pink and black "Texture Missing" ball. In 64bit however, everything works fine, with or without ATM, so long as Interstellar is not installed. Interstellar ruins everything it's so big. T_T

So yeah, in short, So long as you use 64bit KSP, EVE with or without ATM(Active Texture Management) works just fine so long as you don't use Interstellar. Period.

Remember that Windows 64-bit KSP (and the underlying 64-bit Unity) is still full of bugs and isn't supported by anyone right now.

And you can get Windows 32-bit KSP and EVE with Astronomer's Interstellar to work, just use OpenGL to get the memory usage down.

Using Windows 32-bit, I had problems using ATM 4-2 (current is 4-3, also a beta 4-4 available) with EVE and Astronomer's Interstellar. I believe it was due to ATM config files not excluding files it should have. Took several runs to finally finish loading the game and things didn't look right. Finally used -force-opengl to get my memory down low enough. Had problems with crashes but clearing out some older mods I wasn't using fixed that.

hello,

i 'had the same problem as you last night, and as a good noob i didn' t saved anything:sealed::

i have installed:

1:Environmental Visual Enhancements 7.4 ,

2: Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2: http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mod...l-pack-v3-beta, i 'have followed all steps, a,d installed everything (in recommended quality) exept: sandstorm,skybox, new sun, holidays season light.

and i had exactly the same kind on the big map of clouds(all white) on the big map in in flight too but it wasn't so ugly, just really cloudy(maybe 70% of the sky) but didn't took printscreen(noob.v2)

So i 've tried to reinstall the interstellar pack: nothing changed.

Suddently i remenbered the installation replaced some .png, and the very helpfull Active-Memory-Reduction-Mod (TextureCompressor) save the compressed images in cache.

so go to the the cache( C:\Program Files\PXG\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\BoulderCo for me)

and delete everything inside( there is 2 folders inside:citylights and clouds).

lauch the the game and enjoy !! (it can be long to wait the 1st time because active memory reduction have to compress the clouds textures, if it crash reload it until it works).

now i have this:

http://snag.gy/c9Dta.jpg

http://snag.gy/iqyks.jpg

maybe it can help most of us.. :wink:

KSP v0.90 ver32 bits on windows 7 64bits, a lot of mod...

Thanks for the answer! :)

Unfortunately this doesn't work here. As I said I'm running KSP in a VM on Ubuntu, KSP 0.90 x64 on Windows doesn't even gets past the loading screen for me (i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 x64, GTX570).

Even removing ATM completely on Ubuntu results the same way in covered planets. :/

Thanks for the answer! :)

Unfortunately this doesn't work here. As I said I'm running KSP in a VM on Ubuntu, KSP 0.90 x64 on Windows doesn't even gets past the loading screen for me (i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 x64, GTX570).

Even removing ATM completely on Ubuntu results the same way in covered planets. :/

Same problem here. I am running the Steam default install (.90 x86) on Windows 8.1 and cannot get rid of the "huge white planet". its VERY cloudy when in game and the map view just shows a white smokey ball. I tried removing the cache files as recommended above with no luck. any other thoughts?

I tried to play on Ubuntu and FPS went from 120+ on windows (OpenGL) to less than 30 FPS on Ubuntu, last nvidia drivers installed (not nouveau driver).

Sure, you can use a lot of stuff and memory but for a slideshow...

Meanwhile,

Mac OS X

xD

I've used that.

XD indeed!

Too bad CKAN doesn't work, unless you're into emulators. And no, Mono is absolute crap with a critical bug and several flaws so it is utterly and completely useless and does not work.

Hey all. Great mod. Just using this with planetshine and really impressed! One thing I notice though is sometimes when orbiting Kerbin, there is black bumps or marks in the clouds. Kinda big masses of black. It's not all the time but once in a while. Curious if anyone else noticed this?

Great work though. This has greatly improved my Kerbal experience!

Hey all. Great mod. Just using this with planetshine and really impressed! One thing I notice though is sometimes when orbiting Kerbin, there is black bumps or marks in the clouds. Kinda big masses of black. It's not all the time but once in a while. Curious if anyone else noticed this?

Great work though. This has greatly improved my Kerbal experience!

Those are mountains that are taller than the cloud layer.

Those are mountains that are taller than the cloud layer.

Gotcha! Thanks for the reply. I figured that could be the case. They look a bit 'off' so to speak. I could see how they could be mountains but they don't really give that effect. I will have to take another look.

Thanks again!