[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Github has version for "updated for 1.0"... HERE .... should I be using this "updated" version? If anyone is can you please tell me if its stable/improved over 7.4, unless the author would like to shed some light on this, but any reply is welcome thanks.

Github has version for "updated for 1.0"... HERE .... should I be using this "updated" version? If anyone is can you please tell me if its stable/improved over 7.4, unless the author would like to shed some light on this, but any reply is welcome thanks.

As far as I know, that's the WIP overhaul version. (Thread's here.) It's pretty buggy right now and isn't meant to actually be used yet.

I use the old regular 7.4 and its very stable for me, I am not having any problems with it. I do have a weird thing with NavBall Texture mod, but honestly you dont need to use that anymore, texture replace can replace the navball texture with a custom one.

I am using KSP 1.0.2 and E.V.E. 7.4 works well, I don't really get FPS loss either and I have a old PC.

It works for me, but atm there is cloud's config for Kerbin.

as it has been said before, 7.4 works like a charm, so no need to use the dev built unless you are willing and able to hunt down bugs

Which file is the high res version is it the 34Mb one? I'm presuming it is. Never mind Just installed the 34mb one and it works thanks :)

Edited by LMA

There are 3 choices in CKAN: EVE, EVE High Res and EVE Low Res. First I tried EVE...here I got the clouds but the sky itself had a pink color. The first menu ingame, kerbin was also pink (and white)

Today I tried EVE High Res (this installs EVE + EVE High Res). Kerbin had clouds in the game menu so I could immediately tell the mod worked. After testing a rocket everything looks good.

Great mod. Thanks.

Yep, look at the error log and see what is happening , thats how i fixxed mine on windows

There is no error log. The program stops working and I have to manually go in and shut it down so there isn't ever a log made.

There is no error log. The program stops working and I have to manually go in and shut it down so there isn't ever a log made.

The KSP output_log is not dependant on whether it works or crashes. It records everything until the moment of the crash, which in your case sounds like you just run out of memory.

Sorry if this has been already mentioned, but are conversions to .dds textures planned?

It's somewhat more complicated in this case because the plugin needs to be able to access pixel data in the cloud textures. Being able to do this with DDS textures requires additional code, or so I am told.

I converted them to dds and the clouds still work but the plugin spams some "kerbin1 is not readable" a bit. I can't notice anything wrong with the clouds (and I remember that particular exception before).

The KSP output_log is not dependant on whether it works or crashes. It records everything until the moment of the crash, which in your case sounds like you just run out of memory.

I thank you for pointing out the KSP output log (I assume you're referring to the KSP txt file in the core folder), I was unaware of this file before and could be useful in the future but unfortunately it doesn't seem to help here. Normal running ends abruptly with no logging of what happened, you're welcomed to take a look at it if you want. It's not memory. While there may be an abundance of people asking about things this would apply to, this isn't my first rodeo. I'm currently primarily running just MJ and EVE. I've tested with the texture compressor and the 3rd mod, TweakScale to see if there was an effect to no avail. The fault lies in EVE somewhere which is why I asked if someone was experiencing similar issues. Forgive me if I didn't elaborate.

same old same old ... why don't anyone listen ... it is a common problem with the overhaul ... use the old version instead.

Wait which old version? :confused: I must look into this!

I converted them to dds and the clouds still work but the plugin spams some "kerbin1 is not readable" a bit. I can't notice anything wrong with the clouds (and I remember that particular exception before).

The issue is, because it cannot read the texture in question it either always spawns cloud particles or never does. I forget which.

Every time I've seen this it has to do with the format the city lights textures are in. I haven't dealt with it in a while, but if you convert them to dds or png it should go away. These files should be properly converted:

Dropbox

Thanks! i was running into this same issue!

That's related to what blowfish said just above you -- to get (volumetric, in-atmo) cloud density, EVE needs to read the value of the (from-orbit) kerbin1 cloud texture. It can't do that if kerbin1 is a DDS.

I've just added a "shadow" layer to the kerbin1 cloud texture (I copied the layer, made it black, and added it in a lower layer ten pixels shifted over. It doesn't look bad at all!) in the current release so if anyone wants a version with a shadow PM me. XD

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I'm using KSP 1.0.2 with EVE 7.4 and everything works fine. I'm running it on a mac and using the high-res with no lag at all. The only thing I want to point out is that every time I launch a rocket it keeps tumbling out of control and blowing up due to aerodynamic stress when I'm about 2-5 km high up, and I never point too far away from the prograde marker. I'm using FAR and this only happened after I installed EVE. Is this normal or a bug?

I've just added a "shadow" layer to the kerbin1 cloud texture (I copied the layer, made it black, and added it in a lower layer ten pixels shifted over. It doesn't look bad at all!) in the current release so if anyone wants a version with a shadow PM me. XD

Hey could you post some screens? I always thought cloud shadows would add a lot to the game.