[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Any idea what causes this weird look when Kerbin is facing away from the sun?

Still having issues? Try the

Still having issues? Try the Proot City Lights DDS conversion here. Also, a poster implied this was a memory problem (said you should use ATM). I quit using ATM now that KSP supports DDS tex loading stock (they don't eat up RAM just VRAM). I have instead switched to using mods with DDS tex or converted them myself. If you're using Texture Replacer, you could be chewing up a bunch of memory with planet textures. Try one of the Endraxial DDS conversions as well - big one by Joe if you have a video card with VRAM to waste, otherwise, go with the reduced.'>Proot City Lights DDS conversion here. Also, a poster implied this was a memory problem (said you should use ATM). I quit using ATM now that KSP supports DDS tex loading stock (they don't eat up RAM just VRAM). It was giving me grief with 1.04. I have instead switched to using mods with DDS tex or converted them myself. If you're using Texture Replacer, you could be chewing up a bunch of memory with planet textures. Try one of the Endraxial DDS conversions as well - big one by Joe if you have a video card with VRAM to waste, otherwise, go with the reduced. The cloud textures, btw, should be png's and the stock ones should work fine. If you have part mods using png's, try to find DDS conversions of them. Most authors have already converted them.

The game stops loading when it tries to load GameData (clouds for eve and jool)/BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/altostratus.png. The GameData (clouds for eve and jool) folder is the renamed "GameData" folder that came with the Recommended (4K) Eve and Jool Clouds thing in Astronomer's Visual Pack. Every time it stops at altostratus.png and I have to force-quit and reopen the game. Btw this is all on a Mac 10.8.5 running KSP 1.0.4. from Steam. Is something wrong with it?

Hi, Im a new Kerbal,

Im unziped this mode in filder E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

And nothing changes. No clouds and HI-RES on planets any clue ?

- - - Updated - - -

KSP: 1.0.4 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Edited by efendie

Hi, Im a new Kerbal,

Im unziped this mode in filder E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

And nothing changes. No clouds and HI-RES on planets any clue ?

- - - Updated - - -

KSP: 1.0.4 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Did you drop one folder into "game data" or did you drop two folders into game data?

When you open the zio you will see one folder called Gamedata. Be sure you aren't installing the Gamedata folder into Gamedata. You need to open it and install the two folders "BoulderCo" and "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"

I'm using this mod for atmospheric effects (clouds) but find that the cloud layer speed is far too fast on Kerbin. (relative speed of ~300 m.s-1 at 5km altitude - didn't bother to calculate angular speed relative to kerbin).

Is it standard, or do I have a problem ?

Is there a way to tune it ?

Thanks for your inputs.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it works OK on the light side ... nothing in the dark side. OTOH city lights are bugging again, covering everything in the dark side below 1000m, incuding the oceans :/

EDIT: Aparently a reinstall and a computer reboot solved the issue. EVE on my side is 1.0.5 certified :D

Edited by r_rolo1

For me, I am trying to use this mod with Astronomer's Clouds (High) and I have found this in the crash log: (0xACFF2012) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): Clouds.Clouds:loadCloudLayers (bool) + 0x1ca (ACFF1E48 ACFF2198) [041B4E70 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

It seems that there is some file missing.

Regards.

Ok, I came around to a most peculiar situation: I discovered Atlantis!

fiPdbkm.png

Long story short, I was flying around to test the new water around KSC when I tried to land in the ocean. Then at roughly 150m of altitude the City lights appeared below my plane.

Apparently this has a altitude cutout ( maybe 1000 m from the bottom of the ocean ) .See it disapear when I got airborne again:

o1o8BbK.png

Any idea of how to fix this?

Makes the planet invisible for me, KSC and runways are just sitting on a beam of light.

Also no clouds in map view or normal view. (planet isn't invisible in map view).

EDIT - I'm getting what the guy below gets

That seems better, but a couple of things:

-Am I supposed to be seeing a city texture on the ground in daytime?

-The clouds no long appear in the menu screens. Is this the new normal, or did I break it?

City texture is there during day.

Clouds don't appear in main-menu for now.