[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I never had any problems with EVE before but now it boots up just fine, but I get nothing. No clouds no nothing. It's like the mod isn't even there. And yeah, I installed both zips.

- - - Updated - - -

The mod changed, you cant see clouds in the loading screen anymore, you should let people know.

Are low resolution textures the norm for this mod now? Is there an HQ option? This looks really bad. http://imgur.com/2LeuQfe

1.0.5 here. Loads ok, everything pretty much as expected, except cloud shadows - for some reason they look nasty on water surface, with a lot of clipping. Is there a way to disable them?

9iHtaDv.png

I also remember there was a menu for tweaking (Alt-N?), but I can't access it anymore.

Same flicker glitch is present inside SPH, which is odd.

Edited by Corovaneer

1.0.5 here. Loads ok, everything pretty much as expected, except cloud shadows - for some reason they look nasty on water surface, with a lot of clipping. Is there a way to disable them?

http://i.imgur.com/9iHtaDv.png

I also remember there was a menu for tweaking (Alt-N?), but I can't access it anymore.

I also had this doubt about the hotkey. Look here. But, if you use Linux like me, use LCtrl+LShift+LAlt instead of just Alt...

This is ALT-0

You can open the configs and change all "shadow=True" to False to disable them.

Hello! I am trying to make atmosphere layer like in old EVE, but when i change Pow/Scale nothing is changing :( Any solution?

http://i.imgur.com/nOAJcJc.png

Atmosphere is not a supported function right now. I'd recommend scatterer in the meantime.

I am much to sloppy when it comes to archiving stuff properly ...

I seem to have found the config for Duna sandstorms, but I am still missing one for the really dense mist and low hanging clouds on Minmus I once had ... has anyone seen them please?

Maybe you're referring to Avera9eJoe's cloudpack. I too miss it but it was made for EVE's previous version and doesn't seem to work on this reboot (as said on OP).

Does someone (maybe Avera9eJoe himself) know how to "convert" it?

Holy mother of sweet ... and for 1.0.5 as well ...

I was brave with the WIP versions ... but they never worked well enough to stick with them ... and I was always falling back to 7.4 afterwards ...

So I am really happy that it finally got released ...

Thank you sooo much.

(anyway don't forget to give Ckan a little push ... it seem it hasn't recognized the update, yet)

Holy mother of sweet ... and for 1.0.5 as well ...

I was brave with the WIP versions ... but they never worked well enough to stick with them ... and I was always falling back to 7.4 afterwards ...

So I am really happy that it finally got released ...

Thank you sooo much.

(anyway don't forget to give Ckan a little push ... it seem it hasn't recognized the update, yet)

This is in progress, just waiting on a merge

Will this still work in 1.0.4? I've been playing 1.0.4 still while waiting for my mods (there's a ton) to be updated for 1.0.5

Not sure... it might? I didn't try the binaries, but the code certainly would if recompiled. You'd just have to try it out and see.

Both zip files and extracting to the usual folder. I run the game in DX11 but I switched it to DX9 to test and still didn't work.

Apparently, the age old trick of restarting your computer does wonders. Today after having shutdown my computer last night I went into game and the clouds were working.

whats the deal-io, can i change some config so mountains aren't poking out of the clouds? :|||||||||||

- - - Updated - - -

also how do you increase the resolution from garbage to managable

The graphics are based on the resolution of the textures added to EVE as well as the set resolution of your screen and the abilities of your graphics card. This was made with EVE 7-4 AVP Scatterer and a couple of custom cfg's at 1920x1080 i7 and a GTX 970

whats the deal-io, can i change some config so mountains aren't poking out of the clouds? :|||||||||||

- - - Updated - - -

also how do you increase the resolution from garbage to managable

You can raise the altitude in the clouds config file to be higher than the mountains... personally, I prefer getting close to the mountains and seeing the peaks stick up out of the volumetric clouds.

Increase your texture graphics settings in KSP.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing this new release isn't backwards compatible with the Sept. 5th release?

In what way? With Configs? The current release is not config-compatible with the old EVE.

SOOO glad this was rebooted to 1.0.5.

However, this new version does not work on the mac. i tried installing it anyway and my game gliched out and then when i tried to leave the game it crashed.

is there any chance that a low rez version will be released, or at least a high rez version that works on the mac?

and if there is a low rez version, can someone direct me to it?

The rebooted version doesn't work for me, I tried it on clean install of KSP 1.0.5 from Steam with no other mods, just the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and BoulderCo directories, there are no clouds in the menu and in the Space Center screen the terrain doesn't load at all. KSP.log here: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f9bbd11bed5f7c0b8acb , something seems wrong with shaders? If it works for other people then I guess I must have messed something up in installation, but what?

Hi rbray89, thanks for updating.

The new EVE does work in 1.0.5. but it does not show in the title-screen of the game.

Confused me to the point were i completly reinstalled KSP before actually​ checking in game if it works or not :rolleyes:

SOOO glad this was rebooted to 1.0.5.

However, this new version does not work on the mac. i tried installing it anyway and my game gliched out and then when i tried to leave the game it crashed.

is there any chance that a low rez version will be released, or at least a high rez version that works on the mac?

and if there is a low rez version, can someone direct me to it?

I'll make a lower-res version tonight.

The rebooted version doesn't work for me, I tried it on clean install of KSP 1.0.5 from Steam with no other mods, just the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and BoulderCo directories, there are no clouds in the menu and in the Space Center screen the terrain doesn't load at all. KSP.log here: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f9bbd11bed5f7c0b8acb , something seems wrong with shaders? If it works for other people then I guess I must have messed something up in installation, but what?

Looks like you may have downloaded the old version before I had a fix up. You can just delete the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Shaders/CompiledCloudParticle.shader file or re-install the mod from a fresh download.

Hi rbray89, thanks for updating.

The new EVE does work in 1.0.5. but it does not show in the title-screen of the game.

Confused me to the point were i completly reinstalled KSP before actually​ checking in game if it works or not :rolleyes:

Seems to be a common problem... people are too used to the old stuff :) May address this sooner than later.