[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Hey is the Mun also in the not working section for the time being?

I was trying to get the surface dust cfg's knocked out for AVP and realized I can't get anything on the mun? This is what I used as a definition did I do something wrong? Worked for all the other planets

Mun
{
Mun-clouds1
{

Hey is the Mun also in the not working section for the time being?

I was trying to get the surface dust cfg's knocked out for AVP and realized I can't get anything on the mun? This is what I used as a definition did I do something wrong? Worked for all the other planets

Mun
{
Mun-clouds1
{

What's the log say?

Move the camera around the particle. Basically, to fake the volume, usually particles are used (eg. KSP rocket exhaust) however, if we did it that way, the effect would fail very quickly as the particle would always face the camera, and therfore look like it is spinning around as you move the camera around it. To avoid this, we use a custom tri-planar particle shader that renders three different textures depending on where you are retaliative to the particle.

Thank you for clarification,but if i may ask,how can i make my own particle?Is it enough if i just put a picture of a cloud or do i need to make it in unity...,and how the other two particles need to be rotated in relation to 1st one?

Thank you for clarification,but if i may ask,how can i make my own particle?Is it enough if i just put a picture of a cloud or do i need to make it in unity...,and how the other two particles need to be rotated in relation to 1st one?

Nothing special is needed. They are just DDS textures. You could use PNG, etc. but that would eat more memory.

So hey, are clouds supposed to be this dark sometimes?

AZlk7Zj.png

I am using a couple other mods concurrently, and I can't claim I know what might be affecting it. If I see it much more I'll try to replicate it on an EVE-only installation.

Or maybe it's a feature because forest fires? Hehe.

I had this occurrence in the evening, and for a little while in the morning, but it cleared up later:

ehSJ1JT.png

I hear you're already working on making the shadows adjustable so I'm not to complainy. I just think it's awesome that clouds cast shadows, I'm just wondering if cloud layers might somehow be shadowing themselves / silhouetted in certain lighting conditions, causing them to appear black?

http://i.imgur.com/AZlk7Zj.png

I am using a couple other mods concurrently, and I can't claim I know what might be affecting it. If I see it much more I'll try to replicate it on an EVE-only installation.

Or maybe it's a feature because forest fires? Hehe.

I had this occurrence in the evening, and for a little while in the morning, but it cleared up later:

http://i.imgur.com/ehSJ1JT.png

I hear you're already working on making the shadows adjustable so I'm not to complainy. I just think it's awesome that clouds cast shadows, I'm just wondering if cloud layers might somehow be shadowing themselves / silhouetted in certain lighting conditions, causing them to appear black?

Nope. It is just that now the clouds are lit appropriately with everything else.

Okay so after a bit of fighting I've successfully made myself a nice little visual pack. For the most part it uses the default textures, but it also leverages some textures extracted from the KSP data directory (strictly for the purpose of stuff like this, of course, but if a mod sees this lemme know if it's bad and I have to go manually repaint all the planet textures) to produce enhanced glow effects such as Astronomer's Pack had - if, for example, you zoom out far enough from the Mun, it starts to appear white, and if you zoom out far from Kerbin its atmosphere becomes increasingly opaque.

I've also horribly abused the CityLights functionality to give Eve glowing oceans and add lightning storms to Jool.

Pictures are coming later, but anyone willing can give it a try: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13276416/KSP/ParaSciEVEPack105.zip

for some reason this makes my space center spawn in the ocean on ksp64bit Linux Mint

You might be using an old download. This a problem with the initial release. I had to update with a hotfix shortly after it was discovered.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so after a bit of fighting I've successfully made myself a nice little visual pack. For the most part it uses the default textures, but it also leverages some textures extracted from the KSP data directory (strictly for the purpose of stuff like this, of course, but if a mod sees this lemme know if it's bad and I have to go manually repaint all the planet textures) to produce enhanced glow effects such as Astronomer's Pack had - if, for example, you zoom out far enough from the Mun, it starts to appear white, and if you zoom out far from Kerbin its atmosphere becomes increasingly opaque.

I've also horribly abused the CityLights functionality to give Eve glowing oceans and add lightning storms to Jool.

Pictures are coming later, but anyone willing can give it a try: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13276416/KSP/ParaSciEVEPack105.zip

Can't wait to take a look! Let me know if there is anything you'd find useful in the GUI or features you want in the shaders. I'm improving the GUI for the next release along with a few shader tweaks that will allow for more options.

Great! Thanks!

Do you intend to put sandstorms on Duna and Eve and lightning storms (and auroras) on all atmospheric bodies (Kerbin, Eve, Jool, Duna and Laythe)?

for some reason this makes my space center spawn in the ocean on ksp64bit Linux Mint
I am having the same problem, but on a Steam Windows 7 KSP install. The previous EVE version worked fine, but after the last update, the city lights started glitching, so I uninstalled it on CKAN so I could see if the glitch would fix upon reinstalling. Now I can't find it on CKAN, and I cannot get EVE to work when I install it manually without Kerbin's land being visually gone.

Could you give a download link to the hotfix?

I am having the same problem, but on a Steam Windows 7 KSP install. The previous EVE version worked fine, but after the last update, the city lights started glitching, so I uninstalled it on CKAN so I could see if the glitch would fix upon reinstalling. Now I can't find it on CKAN, and I cannot get EVE to work when I install it manually without Kerbin's land being visually gone.

Could you give a download link to the hotfix?

This is because EVE overhaul isn't available yet on CKAN. The changes are waiting to get merged.

Just so all you kind folks know, as I make changes and commit them to github, the working version can be pulled from

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/raw/master/x86-EVE-Release.zip

and

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/raw/master/x86-Configs-Release.zip

Right now the city light and weird space center clouds bug should be fixed in these versions. These files will be continually updated, but expect NO support on them, as they are constantly being worked on.

- - - Updated - - -

The resolution of the clouds are still bad in LKO and such, is there a way to fix this?

Yes, go into your KSP graphics settings and set textures to max.

Just so all you kind folks know, as I make changes and commit them to github, the working version can be pulled from

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/raw/master/x86-EVE-Release.zip

and

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/raw/master/x86-Configs-Release.zip

Right now the city light and weird space center clouds bug should be fixed in these versions. These files will be continually updated, but expect NO support on them, as they are constantly being worked on.

XjzzT0r.png

Thank you rbray, this looks great and works without a hitch, at least on my system! The forest fires are out, no more soot clouds! ^^ I'll use this until more official releases come along.

Although I think I'll hang onto the soot-clouds version for another time. It was creepy, but intriguing. I may have a story career premise that incorporates it. :)

Will I benefit from the new 1.0.5 version of this if im using RSS+RVE ? Or am I still stuck on the old EVE overhaul x86 ?

This is what overhaul was. You can move to it, as this is what will be in development going forward, and uses the config mechanisms developed in overhaul.

in fact we have colors from 0 to 1 and when we made color >1 cloud start glowing. let's wait for the next version for some weeks...

- - - Updated - - -

looks like Astronomer is out of KSP... Well, I upgraded his mod better...

Not gonna happen (to me) until 1.1 with 64 bit is out. Stopped playing kerbal since it crashes too often (because its out of ram)

I finally got a chance to run this, and noticed that the cities extend out into the water.

Even kerbals have their trouble with global warming...

http://i.imgur.com/AZlk7Zj.png

Well if the weather looks like this ... I (and NASA) wouldn't launch a rocket....

btw. is it just me or are the clouds look awfully flat (look at the mountains) I think that is why some people don't want the clouds below mountain height. It loos off, since the mountains are cut razor sharp with a 2D layer.

Theoretically it would be solved to make it volumetric clouds all the time a... and partly adjusting for maintains ... (yeah some clouds are flowing over mountains sometimes) but that would just kill the systems I guess.

... Global warming extreme!

Unfortunately, I tried the new patch of EVE - First attempt I got no textures at all, no ground, no sky. When launching, above a certain altitude everything was pink.

Second attempt, I put in the old EVE folder I had from 1.04, then merged the new one on top and same for Boulder folder. Got the sky this time, but now the ground is completely pink, as well as the shadows on the moon in the sky. :(

Going to see if I can just get the old 1.o4 folders again and use those until something else comes along.

EDIT - Just tried it with the old folders. Same results. Still have the Pink ground and purple moon. Guess it isn't playable for me. :( Any one got ideas as to whats going on?

Edited by Bosun