[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

1 minute ago, Poodmund said:

Cube Map support, excited!!! Rbray, how is this implemented exactly?

This may save me time having to stitch together cube maps in Hugin.

Right now, cubemap support is a BIT iffy, but I hope to fix that soon. 
Basically, in the textures that support it (main texture of clouds only for now) The box gets checked, and that expands the options. The Type is changed to the cubemap type desired, and then the texture is set. 

Right now I plan to support 3! different cube mapping techniques.

The first, is where -/+x, -/+y, -/+z = RGB in two different square textures are used to compute alpha. This method is a bit buggy right now,  and results in visible seams.

The next, is where 6 different square textures are stitched into the different sides. (-X, +Z, +X, -Z, +Y, -Y) Should work, but eats up lots of memory due to being uncompressed.

Future: Same as above, but alpha-mapped so that the uncompressed textures can be "Compressed" to just re-map R/G/B/A to alpha. This will achieve the same memory savings as though they were compressed, but should offer significant quality improvements.

I primarily wanted to get this release out there so the clouds would be visible in the main menu :)

7 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

The cloud shadow have a weird behavior with the new sea shader from Scatterer, but togheter these two mods are incredible!

Yeah, I'm aware... the only person who can address this is blackrack.

Is there a list somewhere of compatible cloud packs for the latest release of EVE overhaul?

I know the old KSPRC needs a lot of fiddling around with to make it kinda work, I think there's a version of AVP V2 that I can't seem to make quite work. The only working pack I can find is Stock Visual Enhancements. 

Anyone want to start a list of working EVE configs?

I'm not too worried about KSPRC as Proot should have a release out any day now. 

I've never had any performance issues like you are describing, rbray.  I did some performance tests on several laptops a year or so ago for you, it ran fine on a Toshiba Qosmio with a GTX 560M and a 2630QM, let alone my more modern Asus G550JK with a GTX 850M and a 4710HQ which is nearly identical to the specs you described.  I doubt you are looking for a bunch of computer advice, but it seems like you should be able to pull in the 40's at least unless you are building 200+ behemoths or using a 4k resolution or something.

Hmmm..... Hey rbray do the main menu clouds only work with the default configs? My custom ones aren't showing up with the 1-0-4 version you released today.

Ahh... well ok. Maybe possibly does not work on DirectX 9. Only working with DirectX 11 right now 

Let's forget I said anything at all. Move along. Nothing to see here. :D

Edited by Nhawks17

Ok, I've got an interesting bug: 

Setup: OS X using the 64-bit workaround (yes, I know, if this is a problem, let me know...)

When textures are half-res, all works fine, everything just looks, well, half-res:

XJPvNBU.png

With my current setup, I have no problem running full-res, due to the 64-bit workaround.

When I run full-res with the latest EVE installed, I get this:

TQ9p4H4.png

It's worth noting that the sliver of clouds that are visible seem to be high res.

Can anyone running normal KSP confirm this for me?

EDIT: After some more digging, it seems like this might be an issue with Macs handling 8k textures. 

Does anyone have any workarounds, or ways to get decent looking clouds on OS X?

Edited by curtquarquesso

2 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Ok, I've got an interesting bug: 

Setup: OS X using the 64-bit workaround (yes, I know, if this is a problem, let me know...)

When textures are half-res, all works fine, everything just looks, well, half-res:

XJPvNBU.png

With my current setup, I have no problem running full-res, due to the 64-bit workaround.

When I run full-res with the latest EVE installed, I get this:

TQ9p4H4.png

It's worth noting that the sliver of clouds that are visible seem to be high res.

Can anyone running normal KSP confirm this for me?

EDIT: After some more digging, it seems like this might be an issue with Macs handling 8k textures. 

Does anyone have any workarounds, or ways to get decent looking clouds on OS X?

8k textures are a no go on OSX in KSP (and I think all Unity things on OSX). Max you can do is 4k textures.

I'm currently using Windows x64 workaround and all clouds missing in main menu when full res textures enabled. when i change half res it works fine. Not big deal for me anyway if there's clouds in main menu or not :D In my case whole EVE and cloud shadows seems to work very well with Scatterer. Huge thanks to you rbray for latest update and all work you've done with EVE... looks good as allways!

Hiya rbray. I don't know if its EVE or Kopernicus that is causing it but when Kopernicus is installed on a save, that is what causes the clouds not to show up on the main menu. It's really not that big of a deal as the effects still work in-game. Just some useful feedback. :D

On 12/4/2015 at 6:26 PM, Nhawks17 said:

Hiya rbray. I don't know if its EVE or Kopernicus that is causing it but when Kopernicus is installed on a save, that is what causes the clouds not to show up on the main menu. It's really not that big of a deal as the effects still work in-game. Just some useful feedback. :D

I can confirm this issue (RSS installation).

Also, a small problem with the tooltips: their position offsets outside the EVE interface bounds if the interface is moved.

Normal tooltip position.
Offset tooltip position.

Edited by Phineas Freak
Remove image links

56 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Techincally that would be Kopernicus. Needs to rename the Mun and Kerbin main-menu bodies.

The day city light texture seems to be used on the dark side also, mixing with dark city light. Is this intended? I think this results in a weird look, like huge flashlights from orbit. Also applying city light changes in the eve gui removes city lights altogether until a scene change.

Ok, strange, i did a complete new install of KSP and added with CKAN, only RSS, Kopernicus, EVE and scatterer.

But i don't get any clouds anywhere, not on the main menu or ingame?????

Scatterer works with the planetlist.cfg change. This is in the KSP log:

[EXC 15:01:03.483] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node, System.String body)
    EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Apply ()
    EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].LoadConfig ()
    EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup ()
    EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1+<SetupDelay>d__25[Atmosphere.CloudsObject].MoveNext ()

4 hours ago, HansB said:

Ok, strange, i did a complete new install of KSP and added with CKAN, only RSS, Kopernicus, EVE and scatterer.

But i don't get any clouds anywhere, not on the main menu or ingame?????

Scatterer works with the planetlist.cfg change. This is in the KSP log:

[EXC 15:01:03.483] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node, System.String body)
    EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Apply ()
    EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].LoadConfig ()
    EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup ()
    EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1+<SetupDelay>d__25[Atmosphere.CloudsObject].MoveNext ()

"Kopernicus" "RSS"

If you are using RSS and others, you'll need to get config files that use the new body names. Look up RVE.

I'm having this graphical glitch since I've installed the version 1.05-4. I never had this problem with all the previous releases of E.V.E. I play on Windows 10, with Half Res Texture quality. Other settings are SM3 Terrain Shader and Terrain Scatter off. 2x Antialiasing, Pixel Light Count 8, Shadow Cascades 4, PPFX on Surface FX on and Underwater FX on. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! 

zi9757E.png

I still try to make clouds for new horisons, I create cfg file for this, but when I try to add some layer for new planet nothing happened. after reloading I cannot open ingame editor. how can I fix it?