[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 7:16 AM, rbray89 said:

Just uploaded a new version that uses EVE_TEXTURE_CONFIG as the config top node instead of TEXTURE_CONFIG in case TR uses that. Try the newest build out.

Ray, I'm feeling like a dummy :P When you say you released a new version is it still just the 1-05-4 file? Or is this just code for other developers to compile on there own?

7 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Ray, I'm feeling like a dummy :P When you say you released a new version is it still just the 1-05-4 file? Or is this just code for other developers to compile on there own?

If you go to his Github, he has release versions there that he doesn't put here :P

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

Try it - worked! nice!

Well, there is something like bug with clouds, you can see it during rotation of the camera

25Kov.jpg

25Kow.jpg

That's from the other side of the clouds showing through.

1 hour ago, Curiosity7907 said:

I have found the clouds sometimes looking blury?

Clouds are sometimes looking like this This.

Thats just from the textures used. Better textures would result in better clouds.

11 minutes ago, Valerian said:

What do you mean? Because of potential compatibility issues? Or because you want to implement it in ATM as well?

I want to add something to ATM that would unload and load part textures.

5 minutes ago, Curiosity7907 said:

Is there a way to get much better cloud textures?

Use Someone else's cloud packs.

21 minutes ago, Proot said:

I'm the only one for who this last version didn't work at all?
Nothing, seems that is not detecting the config files at all.

My log

I haven't tested this version, let me see if it's working at all for me

Edit: Can confirm, not working for me either

Edited by Nhawks17

1 hour ago, Proot said:

I'm the only one for who this last version didn't work at all?
Nothing, seems that is not detecting the config files at all.

My log

55 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I haven't tested this version, let me see if it's working at all for me

Edit: Can confirm, not working for me either

Do you guys have changes in The PQS Config? looks like something is failing there. Same as the earlier failures.

[EXC 22:15:30.340] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PQSManager.PQSManagerClass.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node)

31 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Do you guys have changes in The PQS Config? looks like something is failing there. Same as the earlier failures.

[EXC 22:15:30.340] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I haven't made any changes to it, no.

5 hours ago, rbray89 said:

Posted a new version that should be TR compatable. We re-load any textures that don't meet our requirements.

Still need to:
Fix jool, add IVA textures and IVA kerbals for non-active parts, and migrate textures to the new system.
I'm also considering moving away from the current cubemap system towards a less restrictive one. Should be backwards compatible with everything though.

1 hour ago, rbray89 said:

I have pqs changes, but all was working perfectly in the previous version. In fact I rolled to it, and all seems to work fine again.

@rbray89 Or anybody who knows well about the iner workings of EVE.

i have a couple of questions that you might want to answer :

Do i have to convert all textures to cubes?

what does: detailSpeed = 0,6,0 do?

what are the different types for _MainTex ?

PS. rbray your config works.. but mine dosen't. Here is a zip containing the texture files and CFG's. :

https://copy.com/7LVTosIZ4uvNNZRs

Edited by Joshwoo69

35 minutes ago, Joshwoo69 said:

@rbray89 Or anybody who knows well about the iner workings of EVE.

i have a couple of questions that you might want to answer :

Do i have to convert all textures to cubes?

what does: detailSpeed = 0,6,0 do?

what are the different types for _MainTex ?

PS. rbray your config works.. but mine dosen't. Here is a zip containing the texture files and CFG's. :

https://copy.com/7LVTosIZ4uvNNZRs

No you don't have to convert them to cubes, you have the option between multiple texture layouts

Detail speed affects how fast the detail texture moves across the overall main texture

The different types is what determines if you want to use cube maps or use the way it has been laid out before.

11 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

No you don't have to convert them to cubes, you have the option between multiple texture layouts

Detail speed affects how fast the detail texture moves across the overall main texture

The different types is what determines if you want to use cube maps or use the way it has been laid out before.

i see :) so if i want to stick it to the old method i just don't include it?

4 minutes ago, Joshwoo69 said:

i see :) so if i want to stick it to the old method i just don't include it?

Don't include the cube maps? No, you just have to make sure the MainTex is set to RGBA so it doesn't look for them.

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Don't include the cube maps? No, you just have to make sure the MainTex is set to RGBA so it doesn't look for them.

okay i see...

in previous versions of  EVE there is this : scaledOverlay = Geometry ... what does it do?

I am sorry for asking newb questions as i recently delve into the configs ofEVE and it is :confused: 

Edited by Joshwoo69

2 minutes ago, Joshwoo69 said:

okay i see...

in previous versions of  EVE there is this : scaledOverlay = Geometry ... what does it do?

I am sorry for asking newb questions as i recently delve into the configs ofEVE and it is :confused: 

Not sure what that one does, haven't messed with that one myself.

4 minutes ago, Joshwoo69 said:

there really shuld be a wiki for EVE.. and all the configs it adds :/

Docs are a pain. Rbray has enabled the wiki on his Github repo so anyone with a Github account can create some help articles. While this would be best to come from Rbray he's also pouring the majority of his effort into fixes and new features. Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable community members can step in and write some stuff... if I knew anything substantial I would, similar to how I've contributed to the KSPTOT wiki