[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

12 hours ago, julijan1604 said:

is it normal that i have like half of kerbin have clouds and then suddently the other half there is just like a border where there is no clouds?

but when i enter map view there clouds everywhere?

No, it's not normal, but I'm pretty sure it has been reported up-thread.  It might be useful if you posted more information regarding your setup, i.e. which versions of KSP, EVE and any other visual mods you're running, such as Scatterer.  Are you using DX9, DX11 or OpenGL?  Windows, Mac or Linux OS?

Also remember that with KSP 1.1 coming soon, there may not be a lot of support as the mod developers prepare for (or take a break before) that release.

well, I'll tell you from the beginning-

I got the mod and wow! everything looks amazing! then I saw Jool. It was divided in half with the clouds. ugh. so, I go in and remove the images for jools cloudlayers in the mod. And what do I get?

BaKJZpx.jpg

F7asgud.jpg

A green Uranus! Genius! I love it!

Edited by Stongduke

On 28/3/2016 at 0:06 AM, Brigadier said:

No, it's not normal, but I'm pretty sure it has been reported up-thread.  It might be useful if you posted more information regarding your setup, i.e. which versions of KSP, EVE and any other visual mods you're running, such as Scatterer.  Are you using DX9, DX11 or OpenGL?  Windows, Mac or Linux OS?

Also remember that with KSP 1.1 coming soon, there may not be a lot of support as the mod developers prepare for (or take a break before) that release.

i use ksp version 1.0.5 and i use openGL and windows 10 i dont remember my eve version but im sure its the newest one, also i use scatterer as the only visual mod other than that i have like 7 mods or more

EDIT: i forgot i also have planetshine

Edited by julijan1604

Hi all.

Having an issue with EVE, unfortunately. I've had a read back through the recent pages on this thread, and I'm seeing a number of issues that people have had that sort of look like what I'm getting, but nothing that exactly replicates the issue I'm having, and I can't get a clear handle on what the fix might be.

In essence, the problem is that the clouds on Kerbin and Laythe appear to only be showing up over one small sliver or segment of the planet - think along the lines of an orange segment. This is occurring in the tracking station view as well as in both the map view and ship view during a flight. It's one particular section of the planet, and it rotates around with the planet's rotation. In tracking-station view and map-view, different zoom levels produce a flickering, possibly Z-fighting (?) effect and past a certain zoom level the clouds disappear. Duna and Eve both look absolutely fine and as they ought to with this mod installed. I've included an imgur album link below that shows what's going on.

Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/oY9w6

My KSP install is an otherwise-unmodded 1.0.5 install. I am on a Mac running OSX 10.9 'Mavericks'. I've tried the 1-05-4, 1-05-3 and 1-05-2 versions of EVE, downloaded from the GitHub releases page for EVE, and this same issue occurs identically in all of them.

I've checked the install steps I'm taking, and I'm correctly placing the 'BoulderCo' and 'EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements' folders in the 'GameData' directory.

Log file link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziwfccnqkobag9h/KSP.log?dl=0

Anyone who can shed some light on this would be an absolute hero to me. This is my first time attempting to include EVE, and I'd love to get it working properly.

EDIT: Sorry, uploaded the wrong log file when I first posted this. The log file I originally posted was from an old 1.0.4 install. I have now updated it to the correct log file.

Edited by xv323
Fixing error linking file.

On 03/28/2016 at 11:11 AM, julijan1604 said:

is it normal that i have like half of kerbin have clouds and then suddently the other half there is just like a border where there is no clouds?

but when i enter map view there clouds everywhere?

It's an issue with EVE and is known by the maker.

Edited by Majorjim

WARNING: for all who try to use EVE experimental + 1.1 KSP pre release ... BE ware if you have Interstellar Fuel Switch v1.18,Firespitter v7.1.5, TweakScale 2.2.6.1 (pellinor0) or Tweakable Everything (toadicus) Eve it will stop work correctly, better to say it will NOT work
Short story be ware what you try to add like part & dependency it seems Eve is very sensitive at anything what is not 100% compatible with 1.1
Other way rbray89 glad to see a new release is ready soo swift, now most Visual Pack creator like Pingo, Proot, Nhawks ... it will be busy to convert all to new engine :)

22 minutes ago, Blacks said:

WARNING: for all who try to use EVE experimental + 1.1 KSP pre release ... BE ware if you have Interstellar Fuel Switch v1.18,Firespitter v7.1.5, TweakScale 2.2.6.1 (pellinor0) or Tweakable Everything (toadicus) Eve it will stop work correctly, better to say it will NOT work
Short story be ware what you try to add like part & dependency it seems Eve is very sensitive at anything what is not 100% compatible with 1.1
Other way rbray89 glad to see a new release is ready soo swift, now most Visual Pack creator like Pingo, Proot, Nhawks ... it will be busy to convert all to new engine :)

Any mod not built explicitly for 1.1 WILL NOT RUN. None of those mods seem to have been updated for 1.1. EVE also opens up the binaries as well to find things that link against my binaries.

That being said, I just updated EVE to not choke on these "bad binaries". 

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/raw/master/AnyCPU-EVE.zip

8 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

That being said, I just updated EVE to not choke on these "bad binaries". 

yes with this update what you done, Eve it not get screw if mod are not updated or make crazy thing, test done all is fine on first look
p.s. that mod what i say it was a exemple what i use to test & push game to limit to see how bad it can goo ;) of course i was know they was not updated but when i see what can cause i was think is better let you & community know

4 hours ago, xv323 said:

Hi all.

Having an issue with EVE, unfortunately. I've had a read back through the recent pages on this thread, and I'm seeing a number of issues that people have had that sort of look like what I'm getting, but nothing that exactly replicates the issue I'm having, and I can't get a clear handle on what the fix might be.

In essence, the problem is that the clouds on Kerbin and Laythe appear to only be showing up over one small sliver or segment of the planet - think along the lines of an orange segment. This is occurring in the tracking station view as well as in both the map view and ship view during a flight. It's one particular section of the planet, and it rotates around with the planet's rotation. In tracking-station view and map-view, different zoom levels produce a flickering, possibly Z-fighting (?) effect and past a certain zoom level the clouds disappear. Duna and Eve both look absolutely fine and as they ought to with this mod installed. I've included an imgur album link below that shows what's going on.

Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/oY9w6

My KSP install is an otherwise-unmodded 1.0.5 install. I am on a Mac running OSX 10.9 'Mavericks'. I've tried the 1-05-4, 1-05-3 and 1-05-2 versions of EVE, downloaded from the GitHub releases page for EVE, and this same issue occurs identically in all of them.

I've checked the install steps I'm taking, and I'm correctly placing the 'BoulderCo' and 'EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements' folders in the 'GameData' directory.

Log file link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziwfccnqkobag9h/KSP.log?dl=0

Anyone who can shed some light on this would be an absolute hero to me. This is my first time attempting to include EVE, and I'd love to get it working properly.

EDIT: Sorry, uploaded the wrong log file when I first posted this. The log file I originally posted was from an old 1.0.4 install. I have now updated it to the correct log file.

I am seeing the exact same problem you describe here, orange segments and all :wink: I'm also on Mac, but running 10.11.4 on a heavily modded install (I've just worked out that 64bit for Mac has been possible for at least 6 months and I never knew!)

I tried rolling back to the 7-4 release as well, but that was showing the same bug... However, moving to the low resolution version of 7-4 finally did the trick. Not sure why this is, but I'd rather low-res clouds than none at all!

Hopefully this bug will be irrelevant with the coming of v1.1, but thought I'd point out a work around for now.