[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

3 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

Hehehe! People is so fascinating! I prefer lighter clouds. I'll mantain the pre-release clouds.cfg as it is, but how do I change 1.0.5's? I've looked for ALPHAMAP and didn't find anything... Besides the syntax seems a bit different...

I won't be supporting the old version going forward. It won't matter soon enough with the release of 1.1

1 minute ago, rbray89 said:

I won't be supporting the old version going forward. It won't matter soon enough with the release of 1.1

Well, that is true, alright... ;)

But, could you, pleeeease, reintroduce something in the link of those "clouds" present on the older version? ;)

Edited by jlcarneiro

28 minutes ago, TheCrazyHeadGamer said:

Is there some known issues with real solar system ? It doesn't work on my installation (version 1.0.5)

With RSS you need the RSS overhaul package.

5 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Hehehe! People is so fascinating! I prefer lighter clouds. I'll mantain the pre-release clouds.cfg as it is, but how do I change 1.0.5's? I've looked for ALPHAMAP and didn't find anything... Besides the syntax seems a bit different...

I didn't like the denser clouds in the KSP 1.0.5, but I couldn't figure out how to tone them down, so I just played as is, and they grew on me.

Then I put in KSP 1.1 with the new EVE with the lighter clouds, and it didn't feel right, so I appreciated the option to switch.

It is funny, we're definitely creatures of habit I guess. :)

1 hour ago, Starfire70 said:

I didn't like the denser clouds in the KSP 1.0.5, but I couldn't figure out how to tone them down, so I just played as is, and they grew on me.

Then I put in KSP 1.1 with the new EVE with the lighter clouds, and it didn't feel right, so I appreciated the option to switch.

It is funny, we're definitely creatures of habit I guess. :)

Couldn't agree more! I also find denser clouds make a planet look more beautiful. Problem is, I've recently had to fufill some atmospheric contracts and to found very difficult to fly near mountains with this much clouds... ;)

Hello
KSP 1.1 build id 01174
Eve v1.5.5933.17812 (version what you set up on Wednesday, i seen you have set up a new release today aka ~2 hour agow, that one i will test soon i can)
Nhawks1717 - Stock Visual Enhancements Ultra Resolution v0.5.8 only StockVisualEnhancements directory
Here logs with some spam data like: "EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:UnityEngine.UnityException"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3ekI4di1za1l3ZHc/view?usp=sharing

Cheer & Salute

4 hours ago, Blacks said:

Hello
KSP 1.1 build id 01174
Eve v1.5.5933.17812 (version what you set up on Wednesday, i seen you have set up a new release today aka ~2 hour agow, that one i will test soon i can)
Nhawks1717 - Stock Visual Enhancements Ultra Resolution v0.5.8 only StockVisualEnhancements directory
Here logs with some spam data like: "EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:UnityEngine.UnityException"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3ekI4di1za1l3ZHc/view?usp=sharing

Cheer & Salute

Odd... Not sure why it isn't working or you... What OS are you running? Looks like it is an issue with the main menu light finding... Not sure why this would be the case... You can work-around this until I have a fix up by opening the GUI and manually hitting "Apply".

28 minutes ago, XxDARKWOLF67Xx said:

The 1.1 pre release version has a 1-2gb memory leak.... makes 32 bit un launch able. 

EVE or KSP? KSP itself uses more memory it seems. 

4 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Odd... Not sure why it isn't working or you... What OS are you running? Looks like it is an issue with the main menu light finding... Not sure why this would be the case... You can work-around this until I have a fix up by opening the GUI and manually hitting "Apply".

EVE or KSP? KSP itself uses more memory it seems. 

KSP uses 100mb more than it does in 1.0.5 without eve it uses 1.8 gb in the menu. With eve it hits 4gb and crashes 32 bit and it hits 3.5 in the menu on 64 bit.

23 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

I am use OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit, Eve it work fine cloud, light are there BUT i seen in logs error, what are appear in new version to (what i paste is copy from log generate with new version):

[LOG 14:57:40.806] EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[Light] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[Light] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.Clouds2D.Reassign (Layer layer, UnityEngine.Transform parent, Single scale) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.Clouds2D.set_Scaled (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.Clouds2D.Apply (.CelestialBody celestialBody, UnityEngine.Transform scaledCelestialTransform, Atmosphere.CloudsMaterial cloudsMaterial, Single radius, Layer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsPQS.Apply (System.String body, Atmosphere.CloudsMaterial cloudsMaterial, Atmosphere.Clouds2D layer2D, Atmosphere.CloudsVolume layerVolume, Single altitude, Vector3d speed, Vector3d detailSpeed, Vector3 offset, Matrix4x4 rotationAxis, Boolean killBodyRotation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsObject.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

P.S. Pc spec, SO detail, video driver are in file log

Edited by Blacks

17 hours ago, rbray89 said:

With RSS you need the RSS overhaul package.

Would I find that in the RSS thread, the RO thread or the RVE thread?

I currently have RSS and RO but I have always assumed EVE would not work because the clouds would be for different sized planets.

48 minutes ago, John FX said:

Would I find that in the RSS thread, the RO thread or the RVE thread?

I currently have RSS and RO but I have always assumed EVE would not work because the clouds would be for different sized planets.

Look for RVE... it is a visual pack designed for RSS, which uses EVE and scatterer to achieve its beautiful effects.

Just now, fallout2077 said:

Look for RVE... it is a visual pack designed for RSS, which uses EVE and scatterer to achieve its beautiful effects.

Ah, didn`t think that was released yet. I`ll have a look. thx

7 minutes ago, John FX said:

Ah, didn`t think that was released yet. I`ll have a look. thx

I wouldn't use the term "released" when describing RVE; at the moment, it is in a persistent WIP state, and installing produces finicky results, at best. Still, if you can actually get it functioning correctly within your game, it's beautiful.

1 minute ago, fallout2077 said:

I wouldn't use the term "released" when describing RVE; at the moment, it is in a persistent WIP state, and installing produces finicky results, at best. Still, if you can actually get it functioning correctly within your game, it's beautiful.

Ah, I`m waiting for that one to get a bit more stable. My install of RO is only good for about 5 launches as it is.

I think I`ll be waiting for 1.1 before I go mad on the graphical side of things.

5 minutes ago, John FX said:

Ah, I`m waiting for that one to get a bit more stable. My install of RO is only good for about 5 launches as it is.

I think I`ll be waiting for 1.1 before I go mad on the graphical side of things.

Sounds like a smart idea!

@rbray89 i'm guessing that the default cloud.cfg setting for Kerbin-clouds1 (AlphaCubeMap using ALPHAMAP_B) is employing the blue channel (_B) in Textures/CubeXn.png etc. the red channel in the cube map is used for cities. green doesn't seem to be used currently.

what is ALPHAMAP_A then? it produces the full "blue marble" cloud pattern but i'm not clear how it is stored in the cube map. it doesn't seem to be the RGB channels combined (as far as i can see by toggling them on one after another using the ALT-0 ui).

EDIT: i'm trying to recreate the multiple cloud layers from @Nhawks17's Stock Visual Enhancements, which is why i'm wondering how the cube map layers are put together. :)

EDIT2: doh, of course it's the alpha channel :/ 

ETNBnDy.jpg

very pretty!

Edited by speedwaystar

On 02/04/2016 at 4:48 PM, speedwaystar said:

@rbray89 i'm guessing that the default cloud.cfg setting for Kerbin-clouds1 (AlphaCubeMap using ALPHAMAP_B) is employing the blue channel (_B) in Textures/CubeXn.png etc. the red channel in the cube map is used for cities. green doesn't seem to be used currently.

what is ALPHAMAP_A then? it produces the full "blue marble" cloud pattern but i'm not clear how it is stored in the cube map. it doesn't seem to be the RGB channels combined (as far as i can see by toggling them on one after another using the ALT-0 ui).

EDIT: i'm trying to recreate the multiple cloud layers from @Nhawks17's Stock Visual Enhancements, which is why i'm wondering how the cube map layers are put together. :)

EDIT2: doh, of course it's the alpha channel :/ 

ETNBnDy.jpg

very pretty!

Where under that EVE Manager?