[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

On 21.4.2016 at 5:50 PM, rbray89 said:

And if that isn't the cause, can you try using the GUI (ALT+0) and disabling the volume particles (or open up the config and delete the volume clouds chunks). I have a suspicion that that is what your machine may not like too much. I added a nice (but expensive) feature to the volume particles so they don't move around in huge chunks, but it can be a tad expensive, especially on older GPUs.

If this is the cause, I have a possible fix in-mind, it would just be less ideal.

Deleted all the 'volume' entries in the cloud.cfg since I couldn't open the GUI (because of linux where alt is used otherwise) and deleted citylights and shadows but it's still stuttering too much. But then again my notebook is really old and I guess I should be satisfied that KSP runs at all..

I guess it comes down to a 4 to 2 framedrop (as before 1.1) doesn't feel as bad as a 16 to 8 one so to speak.

8 minutes ago, Nightshift83 said:

Deleted all the 'volume' entries in the cloud.cfg since I couldn't open the GUI (because of linux where alt is used otherwise) and deleted citylights and shadows but it's still stuttering too much. But then again my notebook is really old and I guess I should be satisfied that KSP runs at all..

I guess it comes down to a 4 to 2 framedrop (as before 1.1) doesn't feel as bad as a 16 to 8 one so to speak.

If you are running KSP at 16 FPS EVE really won't be able to perform very well. You could try tweaking other things (running in lower resolution, in fullscreen mode, no AA, lowest texture settings, etc.)

On 4/23/2016 at 4:19 PM, MrFu709 said:

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but thought it might be helpful for you to know just in case. I'm getting shadows from moons being cast on both sides of a planet. 

JPcfbx7.png

I just tried the new EVE and have the same blackness on duna.

is this something 'known', or something new and excitingly different?

If 'new' I will re-load and recreate for logs.

Thanks.

When I grab mods (new planets)  that utilize this mod to make clouds etc.  Should their EVE files be put into rbray's EVE mod folder, or should those configs be in their own author's mod folder (and if so, in an EVE subdirectory?)

Thanks rbray89 and others :)

13 minutes ago, jpinard said:

When I grab mods (new planets)  that utilize this mod to make clouds etc.  Should their EVE files be put into rbray's EVE mod folder, or should those configs be in their own author's mod folder (and if so, in an EVE subdirectory?)

Thanks rbray89 and others :)

Doesn't matter where they go. It'd be preferred to keep the config files with the planets that use them though.

12 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Doesn't matter where they go. It'd be preferred to keep the config files with the planets that use them though.

Would the EVE config sit in the main folder of the mod, or in an EVE subfolder?   ie.  what should that folder structure look like?  Thanks for your time answering these questions.  Really appreciate it.

Edited by jpinard

1 minute ago, jpinard said:

Would the EVE config sit in the main folder of the mod, or in an EVE subfolder?   ie.  what should that folder structure look like?  Thanks for your time answering these questions.  Really appreciate it.

Literally doesn't matter. EVE doesn't care where the files are. Do whatever makes sense to you. I'd put them wherever they are in the mod so if the mod is ever updated or you delete the mod you don't have leftover/duplicate configs.

16 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Literally doesn't matter. EVE doesn't care where the files are. Do whatever makes sense to you. I'd put them wherever they are in the mod so if the mod is ever updated or you delete the mod you don't have leftover/duplicate configs.

Fantastic.  Thanks rbray

Can anyone help me in achieving the effect that used to be in Astronomer's Visual Pack (Volumetric clouds, sandstorms, auroras, etc)?

I tried replacing some texture and cfg files in the BoulderCo folder, but for some reason this didn't work well(I have little knowledge of editing the configs and even less time to try to sort it out. 

Currently I have 'ok' clouds on Kerbin (haven't made it to other planets yet), but looking from space it appears as if there was no atmosphere at all - just painted clouds on the surface:

01dZkND.png

Edited by cicatrix

49 minutes ago, cicatrix said:

Can anyone help me in achieving the effect that used to be in Astronomer's Visual Pack (Volumetric clouds, sandstorms, auroras, etc)?

I tried replacing some texture and cfg files in the BoulderCo folder, but for some reason this didn't work well(I have little knowledge of editing the configs and even less time to try to sort it out. 

Currently I have 'ok' clouds on Kerbin (haven't made it to other planets yet), but looking from space it appears as if there was no atmosphere at all - just painted clouds on the surface:

01dZkND.png

What about Scatterer?

3 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Would it ever be possible to add a procedurally generated hurricanes?

Something like this: 

jA1P9Xd.jpg

That's something I'm hoping to create at some point in the future in Weather+ with EVE, not anytime soon tho.

--EDIT--

Weather+ Is my own mod, I have nothing to do with RBray's EVE...

Edited by Andem
Confusion

On 25.4.2016 at 3:42 AM, Ulico said:

2. There used to be a way to add Duna sandstorms. Is there a way for me to change the color of the Duna clouds, or does another mod need to be made?

I managed to get the Duna duststorms back and also add the old Kerbin atmosphere layers.

Just extract this zip into the GameData folder:
http://tekener.com/KSP/BoulderCo.zip

9 hours ago, Iamsodarncool said:

Is there any way to disable clouds in map view only?

I would love for this to be a thing, even if I have to toggle it manually every time I go into map view. I love, love, love the effects added to the planets in flight view but I want to be able to see terrain features easily in map view.

17 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I would love for this to be a thing, even if I have to toggle it manually every time I go into map view. I love, love, love the effects added to the planets in flight view but I want to be able to see terrain features easily in map view.

I will second this toggle request. And a little bit out of scope for EVE, but I would be then interested in a second toggle/option: one to make the no-clouds view a 'radar'-like terrain image, which is a common way of penetrating cloud layers that visible light cannot.

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

30 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

I will second this toggle request. And a little bit out of scope for EVE, but I would be then interested in a second toggle/option: one to make the no-clouds view a 'radar'-like terrain image, which is a common way of penetrating cloud layers that visible light cannot.

I vote "yea" on the first motion as presented by RIC. I will also say that I liked the old clouds better because nothing beats flying above Kerbin and seeing lots of clouds... :D

I second the motion from @swjr-swis: This would be a neat option for the map view.

14 hours ago, Fizwalker said:

Cripes, sorry that you have to post the help requirements sooo many times rbray. Privates will be Privates tho.....

I wanted to make sure no one could use the excuse "I didn't see that" :)

14 hours ago, Iamsodarncool said:

Is there any way to disable clouds in map view only?

Not at the moment. I have plans for this however.

Heya, so apparently what I've been doing recently is going around asking mods about little, issues.

So uh, derp, sorry. Anyways...

I've been trying to run a lot on my laptop, and the volumetrics really kill the FPS, by kill, I mean, 20 FPS, and without the volumetrics I'm looking at a steady 34. But my question is if theres a way to, say, lower the volumetric density? To still to get the volumetrics without a ton of FPS hit? I swear you could do it in much older versions of EVE, but, not sure.

3 minutes ago, Cooly568 said:

Heya, so apparently what I've been doing recently is going around asking mods about little, issues.

So uh, derp, sorry. Anyways...

I've been trying to run a lot on my laptop, and the volumetrics really kill the FPS, by kill, I mean, 20 FPS, and without the volumetrics I'm looking at a steady 34. But my question is if theres a way to, say, lower the volumetric density? To still to get the volumetrics without a ton of FPS hit? I swear you could do it in much older versions of EVE, but, not sure.

ALT+0 and navigate to the clouds config. There you'll see in the volumetrics section two config items for IIRC Area and Division. Area controls the size of the spread, and division controls density.

3 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

ALT+0 and navigate to the clouds config. There you'll see in the volumetrics section two config items for IIRC Area and Division. Area controls the size of the spread, and division controls density.

I think it's Size and Area, so Division = Area? Thanks anyways!