[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

28 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

I tried that for OPM, but never saw any shadowing.

Note that there is a maximum of 4 casters. If you went beyond that I don't think it'd work.

3 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Note that there is a maximum of 4 casters. If you went beyond that I don't think it'd work.

What I put into the cfg was

OBJECT
{
body = Sarnus
caster = Ovok
caster = Eeloo
caster = Slate
caster = Tekto
}

But I didn't see any shadows.

@rbray89, I'm working in a fake system to simulate rain with the current Eve version... But if you want new challenges, what about vertical particles with vertical movement to do that? (snow, volcanos, rain, geysers...) A lot of possibilities!

Also, could be doable a new type of layer with the lighting options of a city-ligth layer, to re-create auroras at night sides?

And about clouds... I don't know if this could sound dumb to you, but I'd been thinking in how to enhance the clouds shapes under the actual system...

LzxWL5F.jpg

I don't know if you can understand my point, or if this is even doable. My idea is to do the particle size smaller or bigger (from X to X range of size) depending on the position which the particle occupy at the grid in relation to the 2D map layer and/or detail. (Like in an equalizer?) The closer is the particle to the "visible" border of the main 2-D map and/or detal texture the smaller should be, but as you goes inside the 2-D visible shape the particle goes bigger, creating a more "natural" shape to the eye (less repetitive/tile perception). Also you can expand that system, with "2-D" particles facing the camera and fading to a bigger visible range, to expand the "3-D" particle system and avoid the "gap" between the particle system and the 2D layer.

If this sounds crazy, or just very daring for my small knowledge, just forget it, please... :sealed:

Proot, your genius never ceases to amaze. Also your diagram skills are quite good too! That's pretty much the same hopes I had with the lightning being brought back. Your bottom alignment idea is fantastic, and would definitely make tiling very hard to see, as well as making upper cloud levels have more height variation. Perhaps tying the cloud scale factor with a height displacement. Once again though my lack of knowledge doesn't help out with how.

How do I go about using this with RSS, and how do I bring up the ingame GUI? In stock KSP the clouds are a bit too thick for my liking, so it would be nice to play around with the settings and change the density (if possible). I'd like to have a nice balance between Ci, Cc and Cs clouds instead of almost exclusively Cu/Sc clouds.

Edited by heliobyte

2 hours ago, julijan1604 said:

so is there a fix for it soon?

I you could follow the OP and provide screenshots and logs that would help.

14 minutes ago, jsimmons said:

Quick question. Does the terrain manager work?

Nope. This was put on hold once squad added the shader tags I needed.

Are they any known mods incompatible with this mod? Clouds are not appearing for me, city lights are though, I have a lot of mods installed. When I only have Eve and scatterer installed it works just fine. I have try deletiing the and reinstalling it and still doesnt work.

3 hours ago, Berlin said:

Dust storms on Duna?

Reveal hidden contents

If you want them back try if this works for you:

On 26.4.2016 at 5:09 AM, Tekener said:

I managed to get the Duna duststorms back and also add the old Kerbin atmosphere layers.

Just extract this zip into the GameData folder:
http://tekener.com/KSP/BoulderCo.zip

11 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Those gifs I made myself bit thanks. 

Oh, thought you wanted them. So if you made some for yourself, how about offering your Dune Duststorms to the community instead of just posting pics about it?

33 minutes ago, Tekener said:

Oh, thought you wanted them. So if you made some for yourself, how about offering your Dune Duststorms to the community instead of just posting pics about it?

I planned on it when I make them as good looking as I can

On May 6, 2016 at 4:18 PM, rbray89 said:

Migrating all the shadows and lighting to a universal system. 

After that I'm not sure.

I have a suggestion I so been wanting for a long time. Procedural 2D cloud maps generated based on turbulent flow. Also make the clouds travel in an elliptical path like real clouds do with trade winds (via hadley cells.)

I have two questions:

1.) I have been downloading EVE via
https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/raw/master/AnyCPU-EVE.zip
vs
https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-1

2.) If I install EVE and I get no clouds or anything, did I miss a setup step?

AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip = \GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
   AnyCPU-Configs-Release.zip = \GameData\BoulderCo

and their respective sub-folders and files.

Thanks for the mod and the support.

Edited by gamerscircle

15 hours ago, jsimmons said:

I have a suggestion I so been wanting for a long time. Procedural 2D cloud maps generated based on turbulent flow. Also make the clouds travel in an elliptical path like real clouds do with trade winds (via hadley cells.)

This is something I'd really like to do, but it is a VERY difficult problem. I've yet to see a planet in ANY game or simulator that makes nice procedural clouds. They seem to use perlin noise exclusively.

3 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I have two questions:

1.) I have been downloading EVE via
https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/raw/master/AnyCPU-EVE.zip
vs
https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-1

2.) If I install EVE and I get no clouds or anything, did I miss a setup step?

AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip = \GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
   AnyCPU-Configs-Release.zip = \GameData\BoulderCo

and their respective sub-folders and files.

Thanks for the mod and the support.

Send logs. Seriously, do people not even just glance at the OP?