[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

On 6/18/2016 at 5:19 PM, jsimmons said:

Yep Kopernicus can use the RVE textures. Feel free to grab my settings from the 10xKerbol mod. As I posted the city textures have trouble blending with the terrain texture tho. The steep setting need more work but it looks better than the default. As for multiple texture levels I have no idea. Something worth trying :-)

Gave your config a go in RVE but no matter what I can't get it to make any change in RSS sadly :/ I see from your mod that you use the mid/close RVE ground texture, but in the mod album I can see the far texture working from ScaledSpace? Was this from when you were using EVE terrain or is it possible to get these textures working from ScaledSpace using kopernicus?

Edited by pingopete

That photo is from the EVE terrain days. I need to up that album. Sorry it was misleading. I wish Kopernicus could do textures with Scaled Space. Strange RSS doesn't like my setup. What packages are you testing against for RVE?

Edited by jsimmons
Enquire about RVE testing setup.

2 hours ago, jsimmons said:

That photo is from the EVE terrain days. I need to up that album. Sorry it was misleading. I wish Kopernicus could do textures with Scaled Space. Strange RSS doesn't like my setup. What packages are you testing against for RVE?

what do you mean exactly? just the basic texture lines in the RVE.cfg as suggested a few pages back and then your config setup modified for RVE, neither worked :/

Edited by pingopete

After a bit more testing, I'm still certain that the cause of Volumetric Clouds being so expensive is the 817 GameObjects. However, the CloudVolumeParticle shader seem to have been written specifically for clouds represented this way, so without help from @rbray89, I wouldn't know where to start with improving performance. As pretty as they are, I wouldn't actually recommend anyone use them, certainly not on more than one layer per atmosphere. To turn them off, remove layerVolume{...} sections from the clouds.cfg

:-(

So, I'm having some issues with this mod. I first thought that the problem was with scatterer and this mod, but it seems its just this one. I'm on 1.1.3 and have scatterer and EVE installed and EVE is not working for some reason. I have tried from a fresh install.

here are two screenshots

http://imgur.com/7h8HrVm

http://imgur.com/EmlR0yz

Edit: Here is the log as well

http://pastebin.com/J9KeVjaN

Edited by pickles92

5 minutes ago, pickles92 said:

So, I'm having some issues with this mod. I first thought that the problem was with scatterer and this mod, but it seems its just this one. I'm on 1.1.3 and have scatterer and EVE installed and EVE is not working for some reason. I have tried from a fresh install.

here are two screenshots

http://imgur.com/7h8HrVm

http://imgur.com/EmlR0yz

Edit: Here is the log as well

http://pastebin.com/1EkU8WRL

Have you made sure you've installed it correctly? In your GameData, there should be two folders for EVE: EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and BoulderCo.

Just now, MrMeeb said:

Have you made sure you've installed it correctly? In your GameData, there should be two folders for EVE: EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and BoulderCo.

You can check the log and see that both folders are there.

1. Folders and files in GameData:
  2. BoulderCo
  3. EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
  4. scatterer
  5. Stock folder: Squad

Just now, pickles92 said:

You can check the log and see that both folders are there.

1. Folders and files in GameData:
  2. BoulderCo
  3. EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
  4. scatterer
  5. Stock folder: Squad

Okay, sorry! I'm not experienced in reading logs. Just thought I'd check, to rule out at least one option :P 

Just now, MrMeeb said:

Okay, sorry! I'm not experienced in reading logs. Just thought I'd check, to rule out at least one option :P 

I understand. And if I'm honest, I only installed one at first but now I know you need both. But it still doesn't work. lol

10 hours ago, Waz said:

After a bit more testing, I'm still certain that the cause of Volumetric Clouds being so expensive is the 817 GameObjects. However, the CloudVolumeParticle shader seem to have been written specifically for clouds represented this way, so without help from @rbray89, I wouldn't know where to start with improving performance. As pretty as they are, I wouldn't actually recommend anyone use them, certainly not on more than one layer per atmosphere. To turn them off, remove layerVolume{...} sections from the clouds.cfg

:-(

Thanks, @Waz! Maybe that explains why my Eve probe seems so sluggish!

I've checked my clouds.cfg and Eve has five(!) cloud layers (since it needs to be cloudy). Should I just delete the layerVolume{...} sections from four of the cloud layers? If so, I should leave the layerVolume{...} only in the first (lowest) one, right?

6 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Thanks, @Waz! Maybe that explains why my Eve probe seems so sluggish!

I've checked my clouds.cfg and Eve has five(!) cloud layers (since it needs to be cloudy). Should I just delete the layerVolume{...} sections from four of the cloud layers? If so, I should leave the layerVolume{...} only in the first (lowest) one, right?

Yes. You can leave whichever one you like (or none). Note that you can also turn them off in the Alt-0 GUI just to test (or just to land that probe ;-).

The compounding problem is that each of the volume layers appears to incur a constant large cost, even when none of the clouds are actually visible - even from low orbit. If you could post before and after FPS numbers, that would be useful data (the Show FPS mod is good for this).

2 hours ago, Waz said:

Yes. You can leave whichever one you like (or none). Note that you can also turn them off in the Alt-0 GUI just to test (or just to land that probe ;-).

The compounding problem is that each of the volume layers appears to incur a constant large cost, even when none of the clouds are actually visible - even from low orbit. If you could post before and after FPS numbers, that would be useful data (the Show FPS mod is good for this).

I'll try it, thanks! I'll inclusive try to get the FPS information, but my probe... Well (I have more than 500 hours in KSP so I'm a bit ashamed), this is my first interplanetary flight, if everything works fine, my probe will just get in orbit... :blush:

Just now, jlcarneiro said:

I'll try it, thanks! I'll inclusive try to get the FPS information, but my probe... Well (I have more than 500 hours in KSP so I'm a bit ashamed), this is my first interplanetary flight, if everything works fine, my probe will just get in orbit... :blush:

First interplanetary flight to Eve? Pretty courageous :) I would've started with Duna, piece of cake to get there with Kerbals and back for the beginning.

1 minute ago, Tekener said:

First interplanetary flight to Eve? Pretty courageous :) I would've started with Duna, piece of cake to get there with Kerbals and back for the beginning.

Oh, thanks! :cool:

But it's just a probe (a contract, from DMagic's mod, to get some electromagnetic data). It doesn't have kerbals and won't land... :rolleyes:

Just now, jlcarneiro said:

Oh, thanks! :cool:

But it's just a probe (a contract, from DMagic's mod, to get some electromagnetic data). It doesn't have kerbals and won't land... :rolleyes:

Ah, that's the important point: "won't land" :) Because landing just a probe on Eve is something to be learned, it's not as easy as flying through Kerbin's atmosphere. And be careful when areobreaking on Eve as well.

3 minutes ago, Tekener said:

Ah, that's the important point: "won't land" :) Because landing just a probe on Eve is something to be learned, it's not as easy as flying through Kerbin's atmosphere. And be careful when areobreaking on Eve as well.

As @Kuzzter's probes would say: ROGERROGER! :wink:

Edited by jlcarneiro

30 minutes ago, SquaredSpekz said:

I need help with EVE. How do I open it's settings? I saw somewhere that you press alt + N but that doesn't work.

Alt-0 (zero)

9 hours ago, Speedster159 said:

Any compatibility issues with 1.1.3?

No

On 7/18/2016 at 2:48 PM, endomen said:

Any performance drops? Looks great but I have quite a few mods.

Probably.  Really depends on your setup