[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

20 minutes ago, tjt said:

Pepe and Corgas landed today right outside the sprawling metropolis of Minmus City today. Off to the left you can see the Kerman Central Park   :)

This is an old known issue of EVE with no fix yet vailable, same as the double drawn cities in Kerbin. :(

Imagine, Pepe and Corga are the first bold Kerbals to dare landing on Minmus, just to figure out tourists are already there before :P 

Edited by Tekener

1 hour ago, Tekener said:

This is an old known issue of EVE with no fix yet vailable, same as the double drawn cities in Kerbin. :(

Imagine, Pepe and Corga are the first bold Kerbals to dare landing on Minmus, just to figure out tourists are already there before :P 

Yep, I've run into it occasionally before. Instead of getting irked, I took your approach and decided to find it humorous. I wasn't posting the pic as a rant, but just sharing an amusing moment.

Could you imagine if the Apollo program had found that on the far side of the moon? LOL

7 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

That WILL kill your computer, you know.

Anyhow, you can always edit the cloud config...

I'd like to know what to change in the cloud config, thanks.

Edited by Waseemq1235
Misspell.

3 minutes ago, Waseemq1235 said:

I'd like to know what to change in the cloud config, thanks.

clouds.cfg

Object "Kerbin-clouds1"

Change

_MainTex
{
	value = BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/fair
	type = CubeMap
}

to

_MainTex
{
	value = BoulderCo/Textures/cube
	type = AlphaCubeMap
	alphaMask = ALPHAMAP_A
}

1 minute ago, Tekener said:

clouds.cfg

Object "Kerbin-clouds1"

Change

_MainTex
{
	type = CubeMap
}

to

_MainTex
{
	type = AlphaCubeMap
	alphaMask = ALPHAMAP_A
}

Thanks!

Ummm. I have no idea what to do with this mod... I used to use it all the time back in 1.0 and modding it was so easy, Now i cant even understand the config files, Why did it have to change so drastically?

Other than is it possible to use this mod like its older versions? As in with the old fashioned cloud maps and not these newfangled cube thingies?

3 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

Ummm. I have no idea what to do with this mod... I used to use it all the time back in 1.0 and modding it was so easy, Now i cant even understand the config files, Why did it have to change so drastically?

Other than is it possible to use this mod like its older versions? As in with the old fashioned cloud maps and not these newfangled cube thingies?

yeah, I use the old cloud maps in SVE. the cube map way is optional. You are able to switch from RGBA to cube map and vis versa in the GUI. creating the cube maps isn't hard it just takes too much time imo so I don't use it.

Edited by Berlin

11 hours ago, Berlin said:

yeah, I use the old cloud maps in SVE. the cube map way is optional. You are able to switch from RGBA to cube map and vis versa in the GUI. creating the cube maps isn't hard it just takes too much time imo so I don't use it.

Oh! Cool :) how do you open the GUI? I've never even seen it for eve. I still have a ton of tweaked AVP files I figured I'd need to abandoned on 1.1.3 for sure. And I have no idea how to make cube maps so I had all but given up on it.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Oh! Cool :) how do you open the GUI? I've never even seen it for eve. I still have a ton of tweaked AVP files I figured I'd need to abandoned on 1.1.3 for sure. And I have no idea how to make cube maps so I had all but given up on it.

you can open the GUI with ALT+0 also if you want, you can DL SVE and use the cfgs in there as a template since the way cfgs are written for eve now are a lot different than when AVP reigned supreme

Since I play with a x10 sized kerbol system, the clouds on kerbin seem a bit spread out and sparse. Is there a way I can increase the "amount" of clouds on kerbin in the configs?

EDIT: I know that i need to be in the Gamedata/BoulderCo/Atmosphere/clouds.cfg

I just dont know what parameter of the kerbin-clouds to change. 

Edited by secretly_asian

19 hours ago, secretly_asian said:

Since I play with a x10 sized kerbol system, the clouds on kerbin seem a bit spread out and sparse. Is there a way I can increase the "amount" of clouds on kerbin in the configs?

EDIT: I know that i need to be in the Gamedata/BoulderCo/Atmosphere/clouds.cfg

I just dont know what parameter of the kerbin-clouds to change. 

Just the altitude times 10, clouds aurora etc.

Just now, HansB said:

Just the altitude times 10, clouds aurora etc.

My altitude is fine. My clouds rest at 4km above sea level as they should. Im talking about DENSITY. Moar cloudz. 

*Because my kerbin is 10x the size of stock kerbin, the cloud mapping is spread out to cover more area. I want to know how I can keep the clouds scaled with the planet so they cover more of the planet.

4 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

My altitude is fine. My clouds rest at 4km above sea level as they should. Im talking about DENSITY. Moar cloudz. 

*Because my kerbin is 10x the size of stock kerbin, the cloud mapping is spread out to cover more area. I want to know how I can keep the clouds scaled with the planet so they cover more of the planet.

Then you're looking at making entirely new cloud textures...

On 7/29/2016 at 10:39 AM, Tekener said:

clouds.cfg

Object "Kerbin-clouds1"

Change

_MainTex
{
	type = CubeMap
}

to

_MainTex
{
	type = AlphaCubeMap
	alphaMask = ALPHAMAP_A
}

5 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Then you're looking at making entirely new cloud textures...

Never mind, I went ahead and experimented with it and tried Tekener's solution to someone wanting lots of clouds for their normal kerbin. Turns out this makes the cloud density just right for 10x. 

19 hours ago, secretly_asian said:

Never mind, I went ahead and experimented with it and tried Tekener's solution to someone wanting lots of clouds for their normal kerbin. Turns out this makes the cloud density just right for 10x. 

To someone wanting lots of clouds for their normal kerbin, but who is it?

ksp 1.1 makes no sense to me in 1.0.5 i could run this mod over 60fps now in 1.1.3 with a better game engine it runs at 9fps and on Eve it runs at 1fps how does that make any sense :huh: also i had loads of mods in 1.0.5 now in 1.1.3 if i use no other mods with just the stockvisual and the enviro visual (deleted scatter and distant object) if im lucky i can get 13fps;.; (used the normal one for 1.0.5 and the low res for 1.1.3)

Edited by howtoodo
added more info

32 minutes ago, howtoodo said:

ksp 1.1 makes no sense to me in 1.0.5 i could run this mod over 60fps now in 1.1.3 with a better game engine it runs at 9fps and on Eve it runs at 1fps how does that make any sense :huh: also i had loads of mods in 1.0.5 now in 1.1.3 if i use no other mods with just the stockvisual and the enviro visual (deleted scatter and distant object) if im lucky i can get 13fps;.; (used the normal one for 1.0.5 and the low res for 1.1.3)

It might be your computer, cause I noticed a huge performance leap from 1.0.5 to 1.1. With the same deteriorating computer.