[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I am experiencing an odd issue with detaillight.jpg. Does anyone know if there is a way to work around this? Will try using .tga.

The textures pop in and out of existence.

sw45yNT.png

And is detaildark.tga supposed to behave this way?

GaWuMAx.png

Thank you!

Edited by Astronomer

5 minutes ago, Astronomer said:

I am experiencing an odd issue with detaillight.jpg. Does anyone know if there is a way to work around this? Will try using .tga.

The textures pop in and out of existence.

sw45yNT.png

And is detaildark.tga supposed to behave this way?

GaWuMAx.png

Thank you!

I never did like the way EVE did this. if you look at how its done in SVE you might have more luck

11 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I never did like the way EVE did this. if you look at how its done in SVE you might have more luck

Changing the detaildark to dds fixed the second issue.

The first issue is still present, although the less technical annoyance is the smooth falloff as seen on the left here.

EDIT: I'll look at the source code and see if I can do anything to fix this.

Edited by Astronomer

Is there any way to force the layer to maintain brightness like in the old versions? I can't seem to get the aurora to work no matter how I tug the values - it's all dark on the night side.

What used to happen was if I set "minimumLight" to -0.4 it would do the trick and light up the sphere very evenly. Right now it doesn't seem to do anything? It's an essential feature for auroras to work.

rbray if you see this, please see what you can do man!

1 hour ago, Astronomer said:

Is there any way to force the layer to maintain brightness like in the old versions? I can't seem to get the aurora to work no matter how I tug the values - it's all dark on the night side.

What used to happen was if I set "minimumLight" to -0.4 it would do the trick and light up the sphere very evenly. Right now it doesn't seem to do anything? It's an essential feature for auroras to work.

rbray if you see this, please see what you can do man!

That hasn't worked in a while.  Seemingly everyone has been waiting on that feature to return :(

17 hours ago, Galileo said:

That hasn't worked in a while.  Seemingly everyone has been waiting on that feature to return :(

The version I posted has had this for a while. Basically, you set _MinLight to something other than 0 (the new default).

Has anyone heard from @rbray89? Looks like we're going to have to take over releases for a while. If anyone else wants to do it, just speak up. In any case, please send any outstanding pull requests to my fork: https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements as soon as possible, so we can get an "as official as possible" release out straight after the official KSP 1.2.

1 hour ago, Waz said:

The version I posted has had this for a while. Basically, you set _MinLight to something other than 0 (the new default).

Has anyone heard from @rbray89? Looks like we're going to have to take over releases for a while. If anyone else wants to do it, just speak up. In any case, please send any outstanding pull requests to my fork: https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements as soon as possible, so we can get an "as official as possible" release out straight after the official KSP 1.2.

Oh i know you fixed it but i was referring to the last release, not your fork as i didnt know what version he was running. I wish i could help with keeping this mod running. You and Blackrack  have done a fantastic job thus far!

On 10/8/2016 at 8:47 PM, Galileo said:

There is but it a process. Just use SVE as a template and transfer the values and directories over.  It's not really something I can explain in  a post.  But ultimately you would have to rewrite the cfg again

Excuse my possible stupidity, but are you misspelling EVE as SVE? or is SVE something i've managed to completely missing looking at parts of this thread?

19 minutes ago, Hyomoto said:

So, as far as I can tell I'd have to compile Waz's branch?  I don't see a compiled version available.

I did ninja-release of it on Google Drive a few pages back. But I'm building a proper release right now, which will go up on the Releases tab on github. Stay tuned.

@Galileo - how is SVE normally published? I've seen it both as including EVE and purely as configs for EVE, at least as presented in CKAN. Ideally CKAN users would blindly choose "Environmental Visual Enhancements" then be directly prompted which config they want. To be honest, the built-in one should probably be called "Example Config" or "BoulderCo Config", not made to appear in any way the "standard" config for EVE, since really it's pretty basic compared to the alternatives!

20 minutes ago, Waz said:

I did ninja-release of it on Google Drive a few pages back. But I'm building a proper release right now, which will go up on the Releases tab on github. Stay tuned.

@Galileo - how is SVE normally published? I've seen it both as including EVE and purely as configs for EVE, at least as presented in CKAN. Ideally CKAN users would blindly choose "Environmental Visual Enhancements" then be directly prompted which config they want. To be honest, the built-in one should probably be called "Example Config" or "BoulderCo Config", not made to appear in any way the "standard" config for EVE, since really it's pretty basic compared to the alternatives!

I typically package it to avoid confusion.  If I didn't it,  would be continuous questions about installation from ppl that have BoulderCo installed as well. 

Once @blackrack fixes the shadow issue for EVE I'll be able to put SVE up for download on 1.2 unless you fix it first :wink:

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I typically package it to avoid confusion.  If I didn't it,  would be continuous questions about installation from ppl that have BoulderCo installed as well. 

Once @blackrack fixed the shadow issue for EVE I'll be able to put SVE up for download on 1.2

Yes, I'd like to find a better solution to that. Users should only be installing the "default" EVE configs if they consciously want them in preference to the alternatives.

Shadow issue? Is this different to the one he already fixed?

Just now, Waz said:

Yes, I'd like to find a better solution to that. Users should only be installing the "default" EVE configs if they consciously want them in preference to the alternatives.

Shadow issue? Is this different to the one he already fixed?

I haven't actually tried anything on 1.2 yet but if I'm correct,  the shadows where messed up in map view and the tracking station?  We talked last week and he was working on a fix over the weekend.  I assume he didn't finish but I know he was trying to fix it. 

24 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I haven't actually tried anything on 1.2 yet but if I'm correct,  the shadows where messed up in map view and the tracking station?  We talked last week and he was working on a fix over the weekend.  I assume he didn't finish but I know he was trying to fix it. 

It was fixed about 3 KSP pre builds ago by blackrack, then EVE stopped working altogether (for me at least).

Edited by SleweD

New release is up, for KSP 1.2:

https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.2-1

Besides working with KSP 1.2, the only significant change is that _MinLight should now be set to 0 (or just not set at all; the old default of 0.5 may be in old saved configs though), unless you want clouds to glow on the night side (eg. auroras).

Edited by Waz

11 minutes ago, SleweD said:

It was fixed about 3 KSP pre builds ago by blackrack, then EVE stopped working altogether (for me at least).

according to blackrack,  it wasn't fixed. 

1 minute ago, Waz said:

Like for sure for sure? :wink: