[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I have scatterer for 1.2 installed. I also installed both of Waz's EVE files (AnyCPU-EVE-Release and AnyCPU-Config-Release) and I can't get it to work. Could someone please point me in the right direction, I followed all steps correctly or so I thought :( 

When I press alt + 0 The menu tells me I have no configs.

Edited by jbakes

@Waz if you take a look at the clouds in the tracking station, zoom into the planet and notice the clouds turn black. Cloud shadows are also still showing up on top of the clouds. turning off cloud shadows "fixes" it but its not ideal

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

I did fix it in the end, you need the new scatterer .dll (I'll uodate main download) and the new EVE .dll (already integrated into waz's repo).

It's all good brother.  Everything seems to be working just fine besides some errors when editing EVE cfgs in game but that's an EVE issue that I'm sure Waz will fix.

Edited by Galileo

I don't have any substantial bug to report, but I've experienced what I suspect is a well-known issue. However, personally I haven't noticed anyone post pictures pointing it out.

x3QwArg.png?1

The UV texture causes lines such as this all over the layer. The strength of these lines seems to be slaved to the strength of the UV texture. There seems to be no way to make them disappear completely without setting the UV strength to 0.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that it doesn't seem to matter whether you use a custom texture or not.

Edited by Astronomer

On 8/25/2014 at 1:00 PM, Astronomer said:

True! It would give us even more freedom. At the very least, there should be a snow texture for the north/south pole. If we could also apply it to the mountains that would be great. At the moment, the poles are grassy.

As for the rock texture, the angle is 90. Being a cg image, the scale is non-existent. However, it looks like a 4m photo of a huge rock. I filled in the missing information to make the scale work.

5deEiXY.png

What 8k feels like [WIP].

output_NRjift.gif

http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014082420bBfJ5RnoT2Nwq2IhMJSBMl&file=output_DTBD3I.gif&music=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEDsZbR6jE&start=2:33

Higher resolution:

http://gifmaker.cc/PlayFrameAnimation.php?folder=2014082420bBfJ5RnoT2Nwq2IhMJSBMl&music=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEDsZbR6jE&start=2:33

I miss the terrain feature. :(

5 minutes ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

will a 1.2 version come out becuz that would be cool. and someone teach me how to install this -_- 

There already is a 1.2 version this is the old thread. The new thread is posted in the comment immediately above yours

Edited by Galileo

On 25/09/2016 at 9:22 PM, blackrack said:

@Waz I fixed the issue with cloud shadows displaying over clouds and atmosphere that I described here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip12-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00249-24092016-12-compatibility/&do=findComment&comment=2773471

I made a pull request to your repo.

For anyone who wants to grab fixed dlls: https://mega.nz/#!zVA2GYDR!f7wmlWos-Hjq1Wsv1m-Nv5whduKfGe-NYGHkLA94cG8

Hi @blackrack Do you have a download link that does not require me to download and run a piece of software to dl? Is this fix incorporated into the latest version of scatterer?

Edited by Majorjim!

9 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Hi @blackrack Do you have a download link that does not require me to download and run a piece of software to dl? Is this fix incorporated into the latest version of scatterer?

You don't need to download this anymore.  Everything was fixed in the latest versions of EVE and scatterer.  If you are experiencing the shadows on top of clouds while making edits in the EVE GUI,  that's normal and a bug that hasn't been fixed in EVE yet.  To remedy that,  just do a scene change and that should fix it

Edited by Galileo

any idea why it doesnt seem to load SVE in MY 1.2.1 install?

tried multiple downloads and since galileo said it is working, i wonder what i could have done wrong.

just copied all my mods from 1.2 to 1.2.1.

As said, updated all parts of SVE, if possible

Edit: yeah, no logs attached cause i wanted to have further feedback if it is working or not - dont want to waste s.o. time digging with my logs

Edited by Speadge

2 minutes ago, Speadge said:

any idea why it doesnt seem to load SVE in MY 1.2.1 install?

tried multiple downloads and since galileo said it is working, i wonder what i could have done wrong.

just copied all my mods from 1.2 to 1.2.1.

As said, updated all parts of SVE, if possible

This is the wrong thread and the version you get from here won't work in 1.2.1. You need Waz's fork

• 1 month later...
On 30/04/2016 at 0:47 PM, Poodmund said:

@rbray89 I got it sorted.

Animation25a7a8.gif

Basically had to use the following:

• Texture on the Yp or Yn cube face
  • Speed: 0,0,x (where x is speed of rotation of storm)
  • Offset: x,y,0 (where x is Latitude range 0 to 180 and y is Longitude range -180 to 180)
  • rotationAxis0: 1,0,0
  • rotationAxis1: 0,0,1
  • rotationAxis2: 0,1,0

Basically what I had been thinking after my original post and yours just with the speed modifier being the z value. Now proof of concept it sorted, just have to make it look good now. :D

Thanks for your help.

Is this available with textures anywhere? 

Does using this mean that kerbin always has a hurricane going?

Sorry, unfortunately I did not release the textures in that .gif. However, there are TONNES of hurricane images on the net, especially on NASA's image galleries of which all are GPL.

Yes, as the texture is just 1 face of a cube map located Top or Bottom of the cube that is rotating around the polar axis, the texture will always persist in that cloud layer. It's just the same as any other cloud layer in that respect. For practical use, it would be better to reduce the size of the storms considerably to not have an overbearing effect.

The same technique can be used very effectively for auroras and I also used it to recreate Saturn's hex-storm on Sarnus for OPM-VO.

Edited by Poodmund

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2016 at 3:33 PM, Errol said:

Is this available with textures anywhere? 

Coincidentally, around now I have been experimenting with a Laythe typhoon, though it is non-stationary and goes all around the moon, unlike Poodmund's Kerbin hurricane (by the way, thanks @Poodmund for the stationary tutorial). Its settings are still not necessarily final, as I intend to bring a/some ship(s) over to investigate how good it looks/whether its settings need tweaking (I will be looking from, without orbit line or camera aim limit obstructions, high and low atmosphere, from low orbit, many altitudes found on an elliptical orbit, as seen out of Laythe's SOI but closer than Tylo, etc.). I could always use another texture or reuse the current one, to make a Kerbin hurricane either stationary or moving, and I could always release the Laythe typhoon, and or a Kerbin hurricane if I were to make one. 

It just uses a NASA hurricane picture I cropped and saved as .dds via GIMP, if you are wondering of where I got the texture (I may or may not have enlarged the eye for visibility reasons).

AcceptableWhoppingGannet.gif

(click for larger version)

Edited by LaytheDragon

So I am trying to use SciFi Visual Enhancements and the stock EVE configs work.  However when I use the SciFiVis configs I don't get the clouds to show up.  Here's my log.

MacOSX 10.11.16

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2009)

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB

(I know that my computer is crap but this is not the problem)

Here is the log of a clean version that does work

The reality of all these mods is it's not really feasible to sort through all of them and see which is conflicting.  So, could someone see what is conflicting here?

32 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

So I am trying to use SciFi Visual Enhancements and the stock EVE configs work.  However when I use the SciFiVis configs I don't get the clouds to show up.  Here's my log.

MacOSX 10.11.16

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2009)

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB

(I know that my computer is crap but this is not the problem)

Here is the log of a clean version that does work

The reality of all these mods is it's not really feasible to sort through all of them and see which is conflicting.  So, could someone see what is conflicting here?

I'm on mobile, so I can't watch your log right now, but: have you a Boulder Co. folder in your GameData?

EDIT: you have more than one Module Manager in your GameData. For KSP 1.1.3 the last one was the 2.6.25. Why are you still on 1.1.3 btw?

Edited by Nansuchao

9 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

I'm on mobile, so I can't watch your log right now, but: have you a Boulder Co. folder in your GameData?

EDIT: you have more than one Module Manager in your GameData. For KSP 1.1.3 the last one was the 2.6.25. Why are you still on 1.1.3 btw?

Ven's stock revamp and I want to wait for the new official version

Edited by Whovian41110