[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

City Lights for Kerbin and Clouds for Any planet you wish! The config file can be modified to add any number of cloud layers to any planet.

Going forward, I will no longer even RESPOND to posts that don't have a good description, a screenshot (if applicable) and a log file. If you don't do this I know you haven't read this, and if you don't read this, I can't really spend the time to help you if you don't attempt to help me.

HOW TO GET HELP: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

FAQ:

• Is this where all the awesome cloud Reddit photos are from?
    Yes.
  • Does it confilict with Universe/Texture Replacer?
    No.
  • What if I only want lights or clouds?
    You can delete the folders you don't want in GameData/BoulderCo/
  • How do I install?
    Dump the contents of the two zip files into your KSP install folder. Make sure to delete any old GameData/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements or GameData/BoulderCo folder before install.
  • What do I do if I don't get clouds/lights?
    Probably installed incorrectly. Double check this first. If still nothing, go into KSP_Data and send me the output_log.txt file via pastebin, dropbox, or google docs so i can narrow down the issue. But PLEASE double check that everything was installed correctly first. (you should have BoulderCo and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folders in GameData)

Going forward, I will no longer even RESPOND to posts that don't have a good description, a screenshot (if applicable) and a log file. If you don't do this I know you haven't read this, and if you don't read this, I can't really spend the time to help you if you don't attempt to help me.

HOW TO GET HELP: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

1.1-1:
Bug fixes, Celestial Shadows. KSP 1.1!
1.05-4:
Main Menu clouds, Misc. Fixes, cubemap support, etc.
1.05-1: Reboot.
7-4: License update.
7-3:
Fixed RSS compatibility. I still recommend different configs.
7-2:
Fixes the config mechanism, adds better support for multiple config files.
7-1:
Completely re-did configs, much more accessible to modders.
Rename.
Added volumetrics.
6-8:
-2:
Fixed "fadeDist" config problem
Moved to new rendering mechanism, changed configs considerably. Slightly better performance.
6-7:
Moved to PNG, force mipmap generation.
6-6:
8K texture
Fixed texture seam.
6-4:
GUI fixes/improvements
6-3:
Added choice in shader/spheremapping (default is non-cubic). Back to normal memory usage.
6-2:
Memory fixes, Bump map fix.
6-0:
Completely re-did the sphere overlays and associated shaders. Textures are now applied via procedural uv inside shader. Main textures are converted to cubic textures and detail and bump are applied as tri-planar.
This means poles look perfect.
Altered config file format slightly to fit new texture method.
Main textures MUST now be 2nXn (width must be twice as long as height).
Removed test cloud generation from gui.
5-3:
Fixed loading bug for shader params
Improved volumetric cloud generation
5-2:
Fixed Cloud Save & load
Added More Load functionality to clouds
Compress textures at load to save an additional ~20MB
5-1:
Cloud Config now has entry for GUI hot-key
GUI has option for reset.
5:
GUI! Access it by ALT+N.
UV "Fix". Poles pinch, but it is better than the swirl.

Thanks to:

@5thHorseman for the lights texture

@CaptRobau for the kerbin cloud texture

@Lack for the config and additional textures for Eve, Duna, Laythe, and Jool

@Tw1 for the new city lights detail texture

@therealcrow999 for config updates

@NathanKell for Even MORE texture updates

@Majiir for overlay examples and hints.

@Waz for the UV perturbation code

Attempt:

Planetary Aurora

Planetary Rings!

Thick atmosphere/fog for locations like Jool

Procedural Cloud Cover

Possibly:

Actual Cities/Towns/Farms/Roads/etc.

Weather

Going forward, I will no longer even RESPOND to posts that don't have a good description, a screenshot (if applicable) and a log file. If you don't do this I know you haven't read this, and if you don't read this, I can't really spend the time to help you if you don't attempt to help me. You might think you don't have to post a log or maybe someone has already reported the issue. Doesn't matter. Still need the logs.

Download: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-2-1

This is done in my spare time, and any contribution helps!

btn_donate_LG.gif

Source:

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

License (MIT):

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/master/README.md

Edited by rbray89

This looks awesome! You might already be aware but if not, a minor but somewhat annoying bug is the lights do not respect opaque objects, i.e. you can see the lights on Kerbin throught the dirt when landed on the far side of the Mun or Minmus. At first I thought I'd spotted an awesome anomally, but turns out it was just a Kerbin city shining through the bottom of a crater.

I have been using Alpha version 7 and now 10. On Kerbin all seems to be fine, but it does slow down a lot on Eve.

I do have a large number of mods though. I also can't see the Kethane map on Eve as its layer is below the thick clouds.

Unfortunately the base I was building on Eve lost all its gravity and floated up into the air and disappeared.

Again I think all the mods I'm using pushed the memory limit too far and the game's physics could not keep up.

I'll have to remove some mods, but I need to keep this one. It was a lot of fun trying to find a good landing spot on Eve with just the ISA map to see the surface.

With cloud... will we have wind simulation which will give some "interesting" challange when launching rockets/flying aircrafts? :P

This is a graphics mod, not a real weather simulator. :)

Maybe Ferram could cook something up? :D

Hmm... that would be interesting...

Unless you have turbulence in a weather mod, it'd do very little. You'd simply change the airspeed and the angle of attack slightly, insignificant compared to the velocity you're moving. We don't have to land at a precise target within a strict timetable, so we care very little about the effect of wind on our flightpath.

If the mod does simulate turbulence it'd be more annoying than a good game mechanic. SAS would deal with most of it.

Unless you have turbulence in a weather mod, it'd do very little. You'd simply change the airspeed and the angle of attack slightly, insignificant compared to the velocity you're moving. We don't have to land at a precise target within a strict timetable, so we care very little about the effect of wind on our flightpath.

If the mod does simulate turbulence it'd be more annoying than a good game mechanic. SAS would deal with most of it.

At least side-wind landing will be more challenging... turbulence will be even better, though it will need a complex atmosphere model i guess...

Imagine using this mod to generate sand storms on Duna if you could add a modified reentry effect to add sand blowing over your lander instead of flames.

Just visual fun on Duna, but strong enough to blow over a rocket in Eve's thick atmosphere.

This looks awesome! You might already be aware but if not, a minor but somewhat annoying bug is the lights do not respect opaque objects, i.e. you can see the lights on Kerbin throught the dirt when landed on the far side of the Mun or Minmus. At first I thought I'd spotted an awesome anomally, but turns out it was just a Kerbin city shining through the bottom of a crater.

Really? I thought I fied that...

I'll have to try this out - the one thing sadly missing from Universe Replacer clouds was the ability to see them from the surface and in lower atmo.

Does anyone know if I can use this in conjunction with an HD Kerbin planetary texture from Universe Replacer? Or does it somehow supersede that?