[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Darn.

Okay crazy idea #2 (Or #3 actually I guess). Could one make a 2-bit image and then cut it into 16 parts (4x4 grid), and then build 16 layers of bits into a single 16-bit image? Or make 2 8-bit images? And then in the program refer to the correct bit in the image and use that to draw the lit up city or not?

I said it was a crazy idea...

Yeah, I was talking about grayscale, unpacked. If you want a black-and-white image sure (or even grayscale) you can pack multiples into a DXT for savings. Indeed you could even pack three 8bits into a DXT1 with some quality loss, for the usual 1/6 ratio. Though the shader code would have to unpack it, you'd have to pass a shader var to say which channel to use (or, if <8b/channel of the desired image, which portion of the channel).

(h/t to asmi who pointed out I was being incomplete before)

@rbray: I was thinking more about city lights and I was wondering...

1) How hard would it be to run the city lights through a mask to decide to show them or not, based on a binary image (1 bit monochrome)? That way, we could have a very high-res but low-filesize way to set up the borders of the cities and (my biggest pet peeve with the way the cities are currently laid out) shore lines.

2) Would it be possible to have multiple grid images, chosen from randomly with a seed and possibly rotated and/or flipped? That way, you could have more variety in the cities and kill the inevitable meta-grid when multiple tiles are lit up in the larger cities.

Might be possible, don't know for sure though.

Is there a way to add a button to the main UI setup similar to Kerbal Alarm Clock or mechjeb that allows us to open the settings menu to turn on or off the clouds? I kinda need to see through them at times for picking a landing spot and finding kethane deposits. I think it would be a lot more user-friendly than a key binding.

also....swirl was awesome and trippy at the poles. I vote it stays. At least until aurorae.

Since the new update, when I start KSP now (Even afer full new installation of all).

Whole Kerbin under a complete Cloudlayer.

In the new UI I see 2 Cloudlayers loaded, when I delete the 2. all looks normal again.

I save this

but at newstarting it is again there.

Hi rbray:

I like a lot your mod and would like to install it. Some questions i have:

- Is it necessary to create a new game (save) for the mod to work?

- If i delete the mod, would be the saves made with it (or something) corrupted?

Would thank a lot if you could inform me. :)

Cheers!

Hi rbray:

I like a lot your mod and would like to install it. Some questions i have:

- Is it necessary to create a new game (save) for the mod to work?

- If i delete the mod, would be the saves made with it (or something) corrupted?

Would thank a lot if you could inform me. :)

Cheers!

It doesn't affect saves in any way. Can be added/removed without changing anything.

are all the fields populated in layer 2?

When I delete Layer 2 (ok in the UI it is named Layer 1) It looks all like it should (in your screenshots and so).

Seems somehow be a giant volumetric cloud or what ever.

The Problem is, that this layer resets after eatch programmstart and is there again.

When I delete Layer 2 (ok in the UI it is named Layer 1) It looks all like it should (in your screenshots and so).

Seems somehow be a giant volumetric cloud or what ever.

The Problem is, that this layer resets after eatch programmstart and is there again.

can you post a screenshot of the layer1 being selected?

Tried yet, but at new game it is again there.

Is this somwhere in a config preset?

when you hit reset did it look normal again? If so, you can go into the folder and just remove the two cloud config files. add in the original config file from the zip file.

Any news on volumetric clouds?

Ive kinda been waiting for them before instaling the mod. I might be able to hold out a bit more but if they are not close i think ill just go and install it now.

Any news on volumetric clouds?

Ive kinda been waiting for them before instaling the mod. I might be able to hold out a bit more but if they are not close i think ill just go and install it now.

Working on the shader right now, then polishing off how the clouds look, but it may be a while before I figure out a good way to make them behave (move & spawn) and not just look good.

Main texture box?? Where do I find that?

Underneath the sliders for color, there is a "MainTex" box. the path goes here. If it is blank, then it just uses the shader default of full white. This post has a picture for reference. The lower left is showing it.