[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I like the clouds dynamics in here and layers, but I think cloud cover is too heavy for Kerbin and especially the other planets and moons. Duna is too heavy for my liking.

I use this mod with textures in Universer Replacer. I personally just use the lights from this one and delete the cloud folder. I have other cloud textures for my game that are in Universal Replacer.

I like the clouds dynamics in here and layers, but I think cloud cover is too heavy for Kerbin and especially the other planets and moons. Duna is too heavy for my liking.

I use this mod with textures in Universer Replacer. I personally just use the lights from this one and delete the cloud folder. I have other cloud textures for my game that are in Universal Replacer.

I like the clouds being visible from below - Eve cannot be cloudy enough I think.

Can we individually change the cloudiness of each body?

The cloud cover is entirely modifiable. The textures can be swapped out, and the config file can be modified to add or remove cloud layers.

I have been using Alpha version 7 and now 10. On Kerbin all seems to be fine, but it does slow down a lot on Eve.

I do have a large number of mods though. I also can't see the Kethane map on Eve as its layer is below the thick clouds.

Unfortunately the base I was building on Eve lost all its gravity and floated up into the air and disappeared.

Again I think all the mods I'm using pushed the memory limit too far and the game's physics could not keep up.

I'll have to remove some mods, but I need to keep this one. It was a lot of fun trying to find a good landing spot on Eve with just the ISA map to see the surface.

Kethane overlay can be modified by increasing the radius in the Kethane overlay config file.

The cloud cover is entirely modifiable. The textures can be swapped out, and the config file can be modified to add or remove cloud layers.

Yeah thats what I am going to do swap things, edit out somethings. I'm not being negative about this mod at all, this is one of my favorite mods out there, a must have. I can't wait for future stuff.

Yeah thats what I am going to do swap things, edit out somethings. I'm not being negative about this mod at all, this is one of my favorite mods out there, a must have. I can't wait for future stuff.

I am not an artist at all. Programmer. I write the code that exposes the ability to create awesome things. I know that the textures & config are far from perfect, and I need all the feedback I can get so that people like you can do awesome things :)

Next up:

Enhancing cloud shader

Exposing params

hey rbray, loving the mod so far, really adds more atmosphere to the game (literally) but i saw in your attempt list 'volumetric clouds (to fly through)' and i was reminded of a mod that somebody made for Skyrim that adds pseudo-volumetric clouds to the game. Do you think looking at the programming of that mod would help reverse engineer volumetric clouds for ksp? thanks! :)

hey rbray, loving the mod so far, really adds more atmosphere to the game (literally) but i saw in your attempt list 'volumetric clouds (to fly through)' and i was reminded of a mod that somebody made for Skyrim that adds pseudo-volumetric clouds to the game. Do you think looking at the programming of that mod would help reverse engineer volumetric clouds for ksp? thanks! :)

Only if Skyrim uses Unity as the game engine. I already have an idea of how to go about it (Unity has a decent particle emission system) but there are some interesting logistics to work out due to how KSP references space/cameras.

I am not an artist at all. Programmer. I write the code that exposes the ability to create awesome things. I know that the textures & config are far from perfect, and I need all the feedback I can get so that people like you can do awesome things :)

Next up:

Enhancing cloud shader

Exposing params

I am really loving this mod. The more I travel around looking at them with hyper-edit, I'm really appreciating the layers of clouds. I did take a big leap forward in alpha editions, the one I was running before was alpha 5.

I ending up taking out all my textured clouds that I downloaded in my Universe Replacer and using these from this mod. The layers add an atmospheric effect, I love that. Sun rises and sunsets orbiting Kerbin are amazing. The city lights at night are awesome, a jump ahead from my old alpha 5.

I like the clouds on the other planets and moon. Eve seems like a challenge to go down and land, lol.

Like I said earlier I took Duna clouds out. I did try them. I see what you were trying to go for. It would be cool to give it a look of a very thin atmosphere with a red tint to it. Giving it the look of having dust storms. When landed on surface to whole look of place would give you that feeling of being on mars.

Lol, I guess with my earlier comments I thought I was going from Alpha 5 to like 6. I didn't know at time what alpha I had, so I wasn't expecting a lot of change. After giving it a go around, I changed my mind. I jumped to gun that time.

Keep up good work.

I am really loving this mod. The more I travel around looking at them with hyper-edit, I'm really appreciating the layers of clouds. I did take a big leap forward in alpha editions, the one I was running before was alpha 5.

I ending up taking out all my textured clouds that I downloaded in my Universe Replacer and using these from this mod. The layers add an atmospheric effect, I love that. Sun rises and sunsets orbiting Kerbin are amazing. The city lights at night are awesome, a jump ahead from my old alpha 5.

I like the clouds on the other planets and moon. Eve seems like a challenge to go down and land, lol.

Like I said earlier I took Duna clouds out. I did try them. I see what you were trying to go for. It would be cool to give it a look of a very thin atmosphere with a red tint to it. Giving it the look of having dust storms. When landed on surface to whole look of place would give you that feeling of being on mars.

Lol, I guess with my earlier comments I thought I was going from Alpha 5 to like 6. I didn't know at time what alpha I had, so I wasn't expecting a lot of change. After giving it a go around, I changed my mind. I jumped to gun that time.

Keep up good work.

Thanks! This is definitely going to be a mod where everyone will likely use their personal preference to alter things.

Got a bug report for you as well ( prob been reported but I'll still give it. On my return trip from the Mun you can see Kerbins atmosphere layer ( looked like a distorted death star from starwars) right through the Muns Surface. Also noticed I could see the atmosphere layer through Kerbins surface after I landed ( IE straight through the mountain I landed next to).

Got a bug report for you as well ( prob been reported but I'll still give it. On my return trip from the Mun you can see Kerbins atmosphere layer ( looked like a distorted death star from starwars) right through the Muns Surface. Also noticed I could see the atmosphere layer through Kerbins surface after I landed ( IE straight through the mountain I landed next to).

hmm... I'll have to look into it. Someone else said they saw something similar. I thought I had fixed that in Alpha-10...

Thanks! This is definitely going to be a mod where everyone will likely use their personal preference to alter things.

I did a quick fix for Duna. I did some adjustments to your detail1 and eve1, then renamed them.

http://www./download/gw6iy2747s74lwf/Duna.zip

I change this line under cloudLayers in Duna area:

main = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/duna1

detail = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/detailduna1

Here is some screen shots:

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot17_zps77e5f888.png

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot18_zpsd67e8352.png

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot8_zps28d8c56a.png

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot7_zps54bce6a8.png

Use the new files if you want. They are yours, I just alter the color and other things.

It was a quick 5 min fix. I think they came out good, I didn't want to obsess over them too much.

Hope they are OK.

Edited by therealcrow999

I did a quick fix for Duna. I did some adjustments to your detail1 and eve1, then renamed them.

http://www./download/gw6iy2747s74lwf/Duna.zip

I change this line under cloudLayers in Duna area:

main = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/duna1

detail = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/detailduna1

Here is some screen shots:

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot17_zps77e5f888.png

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot18_zpsd67e8352.png

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot8_zps28d8c56a.png

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/screenshot7_zps54bce6a8.png

Use the new files if you want. They are yours, I just alter the color and other things.

It was a quick 5 min fix. I think they came out good, I didn't want to obsess over them too much.

Hope they are OK.

I'll take a look at them, Thanks!

From previous thread (not my post):

For those wanting less cloud cover on Duna, more like Mars, try replacing the relevant line in the config file with this (leave the rest, including color, the same):

main = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/kerbin2

(rather than the eve texture)

hmm... I'll have to look into it. Someone else said they saw something similar. I thought I had fixed that in Alpha-10...

I saw that effect too recently.

Also, was also in LKO yesterday and the view was fine, except from IVA, the cloud sphere was the wrong size and moved independently of kerbin when looking around the cockpit. Back in external view the clouds look fine.

Snapped some screenies (also, in the last photo, flying past the Island Airbase, there is a large patch of citylights in the sea, you can just about see...):

Javascript is disabled. View full album