[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I've been trying to install the 64 bit overhaul for EVE, but have been running into difficulty with clouds not rendering on the map, and grass textures at the KSC being differently coloured. Im wondering if I installed it correctly as i only installed the x86 release gamedata folders, could someone help?

Using the stuff at this link: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/Overhaul

X86 is 32 bit. At first, that sounds weird. You're really supposed to use X64 for it to work.

Im using this mod along with the Astronomer's Visual Pack and every time I go into the hangar my game crashes, and If I am able to get into the hangar the UI is all messed up, how do I fix this? I am using other mods, but I dont think they would conflict with these two mods because they are gameplay mods.

This mod should not be the cause of this. Look at the other mods you have.

I've been trying to install the 64 bit overhaul for EVE, but have been running into difficulty with clouds not rendering on the map, and grass textures at the KSC being differently coloured. Im wondering if I installed it correctly as i only installed the x86 release gamedata folders, could someone help?

Using the stuff at this link: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/Overhaul

It is still WIP. I'm trying to tackle one thing at a time. color matching to the original terrain, getting shadows that work in map view and don't hide the clouds, etc.

Im using this mod along with the Astronomer's Visual Pack and every time I go into the hangar my game crashes, and If I am able to get into the hangar the UI is all messed up, how do I fix this? I am using other mods, but I dont think they would conflict with these two mods because they are gameplay mods.

If you find the solution please post as I'm having exactly the same issue.

Also using EVE and Astronomers pack, removing those two mods fixed the issue but I'd prefer to get it working

Edited by MartGonzo

If you find the solution please post as I'm having exactly the same issue.

Also using EVE and Astronomers pack, removing those two mods fixed the issue but I'd prefer to get it working

Really?? Hmm... there must be another mod conflicting with it.

Really?? Hmm... there must be another mod conflicting with it.

I have no idea what's going on, it did occur to me that deleting the BoulderCo folder also got rid of ATM so maybe that's involved.

I just reinstalled EVE and Astronomers pack and EVE is sort of working (didn't install ATM again) but Astronomers isn't, I'm used to using Astronomers pack so I recognize the difference.

it still seems to have major issues though even with just EVE I get clouds (not in the map view though) but halfway around orbiting Kerbin the planet suddenly changes from this:

smdu67D.jpg

to this:

bPzz9js.png

I'll do some more tests with only EVE installed and post back

I have no idea what's going on, it did occur to me that deleting the BoulderCo folder also got rid of ATM so maybe that's involved.

I just reinstalled EVE and Astronomers pack and EVE is sort of working (didn't install ATM again) but Astronomers isn't, I'm used to using Astronomers pack so I recognize the difference.

it still seems to have major issues though even with just EVE I get clouds (not in the map view though) but halfway around orbiting Kerbin the planet suddenly changes from this:

Came here to report this same issue, I'm using the latest overhaul with it's default settings.

http://i.imgur.com/smdu67D.jpg

to this:

http://i.imgur.com/bPzz9js.png

I'll do some more tests with only EVE installed and post back

What version of EVE are you running?

Sounds like you guys are running with the overhaul releases. You need to state that in the post, otherwise I assume you are talking about the stable release.

Overhaul is a dev release for preview and development only. If you are running into a bug, please report it in the github bug report system.

What version of EVE are you running?

Sorry I should have said it's the x64 overhaul version, many of the posts here seem to imply that anyone running the x64 KSP should use that version

after deleting all mods and just installing the standard version of EVE it's working ok again, so now I just need to figure out which mod is causing the conflict in the VAB

If I find out I'll post here and the relevant mod thread.

Im using Distant Object, B9 Aerospace, Engineer Redux, Kw Rocketry, Procedural Fairings, Mechjeb2, the toolbar and I still cant get EVE + Astronomers Visual Pack to work, Just crashes when I go to hangar and if it doesnt it crashes when I Launch ship

Im using Distant Object, B9 Aerospace, Engineer Redux, Kw Rocketry, Procedural Fairings, Mechjeb2, the toolbar and I still cant get EVE + Astronomers Visual Pack to work, Just crashes when I go to hangar and if it doesnt it crashes when I Launch ship

Ok I think I found the problem.

I was having the same issue in the VAB, for me it was Kerbal Engineer redux v0.6.2.9, switching over to the 1.0.5 version fixed it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/18230-0-24-2-Kerbal-Engineer-Redux-v0-6-2-9-and-v1-0-5

With EVE and astronomers pack I'm not exactly sure what was going on, but deleting the EVE and BoulderCo folders and reinstalling EVE then Astronomers pack fixed it.

I did still have an issue with the high detail city lights not showing up but installing active texture management (basic) sorted that.

Make sure you install in the order of:

1. E.V.E.

2 Astonomers Pack (steps 2 and 3)

3 Active Texture Management (Basic)

hope that helps Ruxiee

So this is how the pack mimics the look of shadows and multiple layers. It will end up being more seamless in future releases.

Ok, thank you, I'll wait for a fixed version. Anyway I think Scott Manley uses it and has no issues apparently.

rbray, this is amazing!

Testing out the first set of 3 terrain textures out of the dozens that I cherry-picked at default settings. I already have picked multiple textures for most bodies.

xDtaMm9.png

UmD4wHa.png

kxjRvym.png

This is truly the end-times of the way KSP used to look. rbray is gonna make space engine go bankrupt. I will do my best to make it look photorealistic, but I need some help.

One big ....-off is that the textures only seem to work at 512x512. I really need to use higher resolutions and I don't want to upscale/downscale anything. Do they work in multiples of 8 or only 512?

Also, I am looking forward to an in-game adjustable ui for the terrain. It's lack really hauls the progress down as I gotta restart the game for every change.

UPDATE: Looks like it only works with 512x512. Also I really need the grass texture scale to be independant from rock texture scale.

Also I've lowered the scale a bit. I am still unsure if it made the textures bigger or smaller, (seems smaller) but I like.

BLl2gnb.png

Edited by Astronomer

rbray, this is amazing!

Testing out the first set of 3 terrain textures out of the dozens that I cherry-picked at default settings. I already have picked multiple textures for most bodies.

http://i.imgur.com/xDtaMm9.png

http://i.imgur.com/UmD4wHa.png

http://i.imgur.com/kxjRvym.png

This is truly the end-times of the way KSP used to look. rbray is gonna make space engine go bankrupt. I will do my best to make it look photorealistic, but I need some help.

One big ....-off is that the textures only seem to work at 512x512. I really need to use higher resolutions and I don't want to upscale/downscale anything. Do they work in multiples of 8 or only 512?

Also, I am looking forward to an in-game adjustable ui for the terrain. It's lack really hauls the progress down as I gotta restart the game for every change.

UPDATE: Looks like it only works with 512x512. Also I really need the grass texture scale to be independant from rock texture scale.

Nice! 512x512? hmmm... That is odd. I'll have to try it out. I'll have to get the editor fully tested. I had thought the terrain editor was instant, but I'll have to double-check.

Ok, great! :D

Is there a terrain editor? If so, how come it isn't a part of Alt+E, but more importantly: how do I get to it?

It is in ALT+E. You can get to it by changing the selector at the top left from Atmosphere to Terrain.

( áo Üʖ áo)

Edit: Also, nevermind about the rocks/grass being independant. I found that feature.

Edit: I guess amidst all the buttons I didn't notice the arrows. At this rate, I could release the update next week lol jk.

I forgot what game I was playing...

OmQxY5W.png

Edited by Astronomer

( áo Üʖ áo)

Edit: Also, nevermind about the rocks/grass being independant. I found that feature.

Edit: I guess amidst all the buttons I didn't notice the arrows. At this rate, I could release the update next week lol jk.

I forgot what game I was playing...

http://i.imgur.com/OmQxY5W.png

This. This is why this mod exists.

Definitely thinking of implementing a binary mechanism for city textures though. I don't think I like the "fade" part in the daytime. OK for nighttime though?

Definitely thinking of implementing a binary mechanism for city textures though. I don't think I like the "fade" part in the daytime. OK for nighttime though?

Please do - it's one of my biggest pet peeves with all current city textures. They just fade entirely unrealistically. Night-time would be OK, I think.. you'd have to work to notice it at any rate.