[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Would one of you regulars please take a moment and post a guide to installing on 24.2 (preferably 64 bit)? The OP only references 23.5, but from reading back several pages, you all seem to be using a version that works on version 24.2. I understand that EVE may not be officially ready for version 24, but I'd sure like to give it a shot.

Thank you

pingopete: wowsers! That may finally make me install linux for stable x64... :)

rbray89:

There's a few PQSMods that could really use a makeover, certainly. The vertex heightmap ones should be remade to support 16bit heightmaps. The vertex color one should be killed dead, replaced with a modified shader. The LandControl one should support biome-specified (or really, just texture-specified, and you can reuse the biome texture) land classes. Scatter should be made detail-texture-dependent, so you can have trees in the foresty area of the detail texture, or buildings in the city area of the city texture.

Anyway, drop by #kspmodders again some time (ping me) and we should hash this out... :)

I think we'll have to at some point :)

Would one of you regulars please take a moment and post a guide to installing on 24.2 (preferably 64 bit)? The OP only references 23.5, but from reading back several pages, you all seem to be using a version that works on version 24.2. I understand that EVE may not be officially ready for version 24, but I'd sure like to give it a shot.

Thank you

Go here: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/Overhaul

Click x64 release or x86 release depending on whether you use 64bit KSP or not

Click Raw, the file will download.

Extract GameData, merge into KSP folder.

Thank you, sir

If you are looking for the DEV version, these are the instruction you will want to use. The OP is just not up-to-date with the KSP versioning... the "official" release on the OP should be able to be used on 24.2 regardless.

Go here: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/Overhaul

Click x64 release or x86 release depending on whether you use 64bit KSP or not

Click Raw, the file will download.

Extract GameData, merge into KSP folder.

This version still refuses to work right on Linux 64bit.. No idea about Windows.. Either by clean install or overwriting 7-3.. 7-3 continues to be the only flawless version for me.

Indeed and from any other angle, i had the same issue with my cloud textures, looks incredible from the right angle but from any others it's disappointing, only way around is with normal maps or just a vertical view point, either way nice texture :)

You're right, normal maps never left my mind ever since they got cut. It would def help the issue. But it's only now that they really seem necessary.

Here is another test. Not gonna go with this one for sure, but still - worth a look.

6E2OPKH.png

You're right, normal maps never left my mind ever since they got cut. It would def help the issue. But it's only now that they really seem necessary.

Here is another test. Not gonna go with this one for sure, but still - worth a look.

http://i.imgur.com/6E2OPKH.png

Looking great! I think a normal map would do the job fine. I wonder what the max height is? Skyscrapers would be great fun to fly through between. Also the ground scatter would need some looking at to stop trees appearing in the middle of the road. No idea how, though. Might just be something we have to live with.

Astronomer, awesome work as usual.

My only quibble with your more recent screenshots is that the cityscapes are too photorealistic when compared to the rest of the game. I don't know how to go about that particular issue though... maybe photoshopping the textures with posterize and saturation effects? Just to make them look cartoony like the rest of the game.

Maybe you could update the OP (and title) to reflect the current state of release?

It`s still saying 23.5 n stuff (meaning some will just gloss over it as it`s not for 24.2 or 64 bit)...

Made me check my mod page. I updated the V3 BETA info. Thanks.

I've already been working on a realism focused mod for rss ksp for several months now using the overhauls, feel free to check my page if you're interested

Now what worries me is that we can't use textures larger than 8k. This isn't so much of a big deal for the Kerbol system, but for RSS it really puts things off. Sure, the scale can be adjusted, but tiling becomes an issue.

Is there really no way to make larger textures work? A 16384x16384 texture should do the trick. Or is this a unity related issue?

If you want to simulate the entire Earth, don't be surprised to have to push the boundaries of your machine.