[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I'm having a problem, the game seems to crash quite often on scene change if I have this installed?

Your new so you get the benefit if the dout.. more information is needed if your attempting to report a bug. For starters you need to post your logs. The LOG.txt file in the KSP folder and the output_log file in ... Oh man I forget.. the launcher folder I believe. It's easy to find reguardless. Upload those two files and post them ( most use dropbox ).

But.. right off the bat I'll tell ya now its an over-memory crash. Logs will tell you that thought. Are you using Active Texture Management?

would be great if there was a patch released specifically for .25...

I've installed it with Astronomer's Pack on 0.25 (linux x64).

No problems with stock EVE. Astronomer's city lights don't work. Well, I just reverted to stock EVE city lights that are nice too. No problems to report.

would be great if there was a patch released specifically for .25...

yeap it would or at least this should be fixed

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

while it does not break the game i does have a slight effect on fps

ive had this too, idk what it is, i set terrain to default, disabled scatter, it worked fine on its own, without any extra mods, with just better atmospheres and active texture managment. so i guess its a conflict somewhere, i hope someone will pick this up soon, hate to see it die

edit- oops im refering to the surface fighting, looks like the z fighting bug in city lights

Edited by drswagboss

me too. No problems in 0.25 - except if any textures you use are TGA you'd better convert them to PNG until Squad fixes the TGA issues

Yeah, TGA does have some issues but Astronomer's pack uses png so you have to delete the tga textures since they don't overwrite eachother.

Is the Astronomer's Pack the same mod?

It is an addon for this mod right here. http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220335-astronomers-visual-pack-v3-beta

Here's the tail end of my KSP.log,

[LOG 20:08:49.082] Game State Saved as persistent

[LOG 20:08:49.082] [AutoSave]: Game Saved

[LOG 20:12:21.025] [AS] removing 0 unused target parts

[ERR 20:14:08.167] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.200] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.201] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.202] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.203] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.203] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.204] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.205] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.206] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.207] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.207] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.208] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.209] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.210] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.211] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.211] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.212] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.213] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.214] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.219] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.220] Input is null

[ERR 20:14:08.221] Input is null

and the start of my error.log from the crash folder it created

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.5.2f1_9abb1b59b47c]

KSP.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module KSP.exe at 0023:002f60bf.

Error occurred at 2014-10-23_201426.

E:\KSP_win\KSP.exe, run by jospanner.

84% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [1293 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [97 MB free].

Write to location 00000008 caused an access violation.

But yeah the game just CTDs, no error message or anything.

Here's the tail end of my KSP.log,

and the start of my error.log from the crash folder it created

But yeah the game just CTDs, no error message or anything.

ksp.log is pretty useless I'm afraid... output_log.txt is what you want, from within KSP_Data.

Ah yes, it's a memory problem. I'm mostly running gameplay changing plugins, not loads of extra parts, so I thought my memory usage would be OK but apparently not. I'm running ATM with aggressive settings and it still crashed, using >3.5gb of RAM. The 4GB exe patch doesn't seem to do anything either. :/

Any sort of "Large Address Aware" or 4GB patch like what you're describing jospanner just allows a 32 bit program to access 3.5 GB of virtual address space. You're still limited in address space. 64 GB executables bypass that limitation (but in the case of the 64 bit windows executable it's highly highly unstable).

Any sort of "Large Address Aware" or 4GB patch like what you're describing jospanner just allows a 32 bit program to access 3.5 GB of virtual address space. You're still limited in address space. 64 GB executables bypass that limitation (but in the case of the 64 bit windows executable it's highly highly unstable).

This is why I made the move to linux. 64bit all the way, baby!!!!

I've been cleaning up my mod folder today. (trying to isolate a problem not related to this post).

I found a several repeats of the following in my output log, which I'm sure is from EVE 7.4 (running on open GL, no other mods installed)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

So far I've found no problems related to this, other then the error reported in the log.

I've installed this mod after a long pause of playing KSP. Along with another visual mod; BetterAtmospheres. But I seem to have gotten some kind of graphical glitch.

Now I don't know if it is because of this mod, BetterAtmospheres or perhaps my settings.

It starts to glitch out when I get up to altitude (couple of km's) and disappears again when I go above 150km of Kerbin. (Hence I was thinking it might be either atmosphere related or most likely terrain related)

If someone recognizes this glitch and knows how to fix it please respond. Screenshots below;

~4-150km:

http://imgur.com/EW8t7u0

>150km:

http://imgur.com/XuWP9Ra

Thanks in advance and my apologies if I posted this in the wrong section, didn't know where else.

EDIT:

I've found the problem, it had to do with another mod called "Real Solarsytem" that came with BetterAtmoshperes.

I've updated the .dll file of Real Solarsytem as ModuleManager suggested, but that glitched it out. Works fine with the old .dll file that came with BetterAtmospheres

That's to do with far and near clipping planes, it can be induced by using the latest VDS Hullcam and leaving the camera's zoomed in before switching to another, you have to zoom out fully else this effect can happen.. Might be your problem, was for me.

I thought I'd just post this here as rbray is a humble guy and wouldn't post it on his own thread but he's got a legit 100% realistic projected shadow system for clouds *working*!(on stock ksp) on the latest version of his continuous overhaul project (i.e. not overhaul 9.2, DL the x64 or x86 release from here) It's still wip and un-configed properly yet, but just so ya know eve modders :)

2Dpjabh.png

EDIT: He's also tryna get it working on RSS for me, so expect to see this in RVE sometime soon (hopefully) :)

Edited by pingopete