[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Wish this would get an update for .90 :(

This is the biggest drawback to the game, all the hassle updating and waiting for updates of all these mods. Which is where most of the content for the game comes from. I wish Squad would get their act together and quit changing the games file structure so all these mods constantly need updates in the first place..

It works just fine in 0.90

And Squad shouldn't have any qualms about breaking things badly between updates. A lot of people forget this game is in "pre-release" status and as such major game-breaking things are simply to be expected and dealt with.

Anything that makes the game more work than its worth, is most certainly a "qualm" squad should have. Its not only annoying their customers, its making life difficult for the mod community. Its been over a month since the last update, and half the mods I use still are not updated.

When people ask me about this game, I tell them its a good game, but there's a ton of hassle dealing with mods.

And I cant get this to work in .90. The dark side of planets and moons are left un-textured. So something isn't working right. And I have better things to do than read through pages and pages of forum threads looking for fixes for all the various mods that still are not officially updated by their authors.

Anything that makes the game more work than its worth, is most certainly a "qualm" squad should have. Its not only annoying their customers, its making life difficult for the mod community. Its been over a month since the last update, and half the mods I use still are not updated.

When people ask me about this game, I tell them its a good game, but there's a ton of hassle dealing with mods.

And I cant get this to work in .90. The dark side of planets and moons are left un-textured. So something isn't working right. And I have better things to do than read through pages and pages of forum threads looking for fixes for all the various mods that still are not officially updated by their authors.

You can just post your PC setup (OS, 32 or 64 bit, etc.) here, a screenshot(s) of the problem(s), tell us what files you installed, and someone, about 50 to 70 per cent of the time will get back to you in the next 1 to 5 days (maybe more, maybe less).

It is frustrating but come on, you seen those screenshots? Also EVE is getting updated real soon (see the EVE WIP thread), that might make it less buggy.

I've got RO, all it's dependencies+recommendations+suggestions, EVE, RVE, Planetshine, and a few others, on a Linux Ubuntu system...ON 64 BIT, and you don't wanna know how long I've spent getting it all to work considering Linux, 64 bit and some of the mods I'm using, aren't even supported by RO or anything.

So in perspective :)

Edited by samhuk

It works just fine in 0.90

And Squad shouldn't have any qualms about breaking things badly between updates. A lot of people forget this game is in "pre-release" status and as such major game-breaking things are simply to be expected and dealt with.

I think the issue is that because CKAN doesn't say its ok for 0.90, it won't install it. The thread is also just called 0.24 while other threads get updated to the latest version they work with so that its easy to see it works.

The changes to the netkan and thread could be done in 2 minutes, even if there is a new version on the way soon.

I think the issue is that because CKAN doesn't say its ok for 0.90, it won't install it. The thread is also just called 0.24 while other threads get updated to the latest version they work with so that its easy to see it works.

The changes to the netkan and thread could be done in 2 minutes, even if there is a new version on the way soon.

Well, then, why don't you PM rbray89 with a polite request for him to include the updated .dll's in a new release if that's what you want.

Well, then, why don't you PM rbray89 with a polite request for him to include the updated .dll's in a new release if that's what you want.

I don't even use EVE at the moment, I was just replying to the other poster.

I don't "want" anything.

Hi. I seem to be getting nullreference errors which seem to be coming from this mod.

Near the end of this copied output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oum74y4yiw4jj34/output_log%20-%20Copy.txt?dl=0

As this probably isn't good, would someone be able to offer some assistance?

Edit: confirmed it is E.V.E. causing this.

Weird, I've never been thrown any nullreferance errors from EVE. What other mods do you have installed? I'm assuming you're on .90, which to my experience, seems a little more unstable than previous versions.

Hi. I seem to be getting nullreference errors which seem to be coming from this mod.

Near the end of this copied output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oum74y4yiw4jj34/output_log%20-%20Copy.txt?dl=0

As this probably isn't good, would someone be able to offer some assistance?

Edit: confirmed it is E.V.E. causing this.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Very old, very known, error. Should be harmless (though it does need fixing).

I have used CKAN to install EVE, which is working beautifully might I add. I love the look of it.

The trouble I'm having is coming from EVE in CKAN, however. Basically this: THIS

(sorry I didn't want to link pics and describe the whole thing again) but EVE is telling me it wants to update, but won't, and it's jamming up CKAN. All other mod updates are working, but EVE is borked. (I'm not the only one, if you read the thread after the post I make)

One other thing I have noticed.. It's not a bug, more of a mild annoyance... You can't see ship/flag icons through the clouds on Kerbin in the map view. I have no idea what might be done about that, but if something could be done, it would be great... :)

I have been trying to get clouds for a long time - it worked finally when I realized that the Astronomer packs etc. are incompatible with the WIP version of EVE ... :P

Another question though, I once had a config that added dense clouds and fog to Minmus - any idea where I might have had it from? :huh:

I have a question, does this pack carry a aurora? I know Astronomer's Pack does, but can someone somehow rip the aurora out of that pack and hand it to me? I can't download the whole thing because of memory usage and RAM. :(

I have a question, does this pack carry a aurora? I know Astronomer's Pack does, but can someone somehow rip the aurora out of that pack and hand it to me? I can't download the whole thing because of memory usage and RAM. :(

In Astronomer's Pack is a file named "something Auroras.cfg" - just pull it out of the zip file and put it into your Clouds folder of BoulderCo.

In Astronomer's Pack is a file named "something Auroras.cfg" - just pull it out of the zip file and put it into your Clouds folder of BoulderCo.

Didn't work, any other suggestions?

EDIT: It also wiped out all of the clouds in my save.

Edited by Rjtaml

Very old, very known, error. Should be harmless (though it does need fixing).

I've tried to take a look at my output log as well, since after your fixes from Reddit it seems the only regular crash I'm expecting is upon returning to space center from space. I've got a very similar line appearing in my output log just before the crash:

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=7891 w=2560 h=1600 mips=1 d3dfmt=21 [out of memory]

Is this EVE-related, or just another instance of my machine struggling to cope with my mod amount being just before "screw this, I'll just break down" level? I reckon the "out of memory" part pretty clearly points out to the second option, but would like to hear a more experienced player's opinion ^^'

I've tried to take a look at my output log as well, since after your fixes from Reddit it seems the only regular crash I'm expecting is upon returning to space center from space. I've got a very similar line appearing in my output log just before the crash:

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=7891 w=2560 h=1600 mips=1 d3dfmt=21 [out of memory]

Is this EVE-related, or just another instance of my machine struggling to cope with my mod amount being just before "screw this, I'll just break down" level? I reckon the "out of memory" part pretty clearly points out to the second option, but would like to hear a more experienced player's opinion ^^'

Yes, your pc is running out of RAM :)