[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

What you need help with? <:

Trying to get it to work with the outer planets mod, but i seem to be struggling to get it to work with a clean install.

I've been copying and deleting game directories and all kinds so i need to get some new outputlogs etc before i can post anything.

EDIT - oh god what have i done? http://i.imgur.com/qyofUtw.jpg

Edited by Aegrim

Is there an easy way to get the daytime city textures into the current release build (7.4)? I've spent all evening trying to shave off dlls from the overhaul build to get the functionality down to just clouds and city day/night textures, but I can't figure out how to remove the overhaul's ocean and ground textures without removing city textures too.

Trying to get it to work with the outer planets mod, but i seem to be struggling to get it to work with a clean install.

I've been copying and deleting game directories and all kinds so i need to get some new outputlogs etc before i can post anything.

EDIT - oh god what have i done? http://i.imgur.com/qyofUtw.jpg

That looks an awful lot like the results of Active Texture Management.

That looks an awful lot like the results of Active Texture Management.

Well it did seem to hang a lot on some of the clouds texture files. I didn't check any of the planets that i'd noticed it hanging on.

EDIT - Kerbin, Duna, and Laythe are all like this.

EDIT 2 - I switched the files from AVP to the default EVE files, and now duna and laythe have kerbin clouds, and I think Jool is back to stock.

EDIT 3 - I got it to work by ignoring the "3rd step - core mod (just clouds)" step, and installed everything else fine. Keeping the default EVE clouds.

Edited by Aegrim

Was "Project V" confirmed as female kerbals?

If not, with Rbray89 away for so "long" time, I'm starting to suspect that "Project V" is for "visuals" and maybe is involving him.

Anyways, I miss him, hope he is well.

Was "Project V" confirmed as female kerbals?

If not, with Rbray89 away for so "long" time, I'm starting to suspect that "Project V" is for "visuals" and maybe is involving him.

Anyways, I miss him, hope he is well.

Project V was confirmed as female kerbals. Yeah I hope Rbray is well too.

Edited by tygoo7

To those with crashes -

It's been said before, but must be repeated often: use Open-GL mode to save tons of memory.

Set steam KSP launch options (or append to the shortcut if stand-alone): -force-opengl

To those with crashes -

It's been said before, but must be repeated often: use Open-GL mode to save tons of memory.

Set steam KSP launch options (or append to the shortcut if stand-alone): -force-opengl

And as I stress whenever someone suggests this: If Open-GL kills your framerates, try DirectX 11 with with the tag -force-d3d11-no-singlethreaded

It doesn't save as much as OpenGL but my framerates are actually better AND I get about a 30% savings in memory footprint.

I'm getting tons of NullRef's for EVE. All of them like this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Has anyone else had these pop up for them?

EDIT: Just looked back one page, and it's already been brought up. I guess it's just memory overload then.

Edited by hjrrockies

And as I stress whenever someone suggests this: If Open-GL kills your framerates, try DirectX 11 with with the tag -force-d3d11-no-singlethreaded

It doesn't save as much as OpenGL but my framerates are actually better AND I get about a 30% savings in memory footprint.

Thanks for posting that, 5thHorseman. Tried it out but with Astronomers Interstellar visual pack D3D11 still uses too much memory. And now in KSP 0.90 the stock memory leak is such that even OpenGL will eventually crash after too long or many flights. Going back to Edge of Oblivion fixes that. Trying to use Interstellar but with some of the other components removed to drop the memory footprint.

I have a question. Is it possible to add cloud layers around the sun? If so, how? There was a mod proposing to using EVE to make an actual galaxy, and I would like to mess around to see what I can achieve.

IIRC Better atmospheres placed layers around the sun, maybe try looking at those configs. :)

EDIT: also the problem with making a galaxy with EVE is that all the layers are spheres and galaxies are disks...

Edited by tygoo7

I think it is right Shift + N, but not 100% sure... I do know that the right Shift key(not sure about the left) is the "modifier" key for Linux. When I made the switch to Linux Mint a few days ago, I kept hitting Alt + F2 to try to bring up the debug window. This did not work(it brings up the Linux menu), but right Shift + F2 now brings up the debug for sure. Hope this helps.

I think it is right Shift + N, but not 100% sure... I do know that the right Shift key(not sure about the left) is the "modifier" key for Linux. When I made the switch to Linux Mint a few days ago, I kept hitting Alt + F2 to try to bring up the debug window. This did not work(it brings up the Linux menu), but right Shift + F2 now brings up the debug for sure. Hope this helps.

Thanks! But I tried RShift+N and it did nothing... I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong here...