[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

WOW! That interface is compelling! I just can't access it on Linux (neither with RShift-N nor RShift-E, etc.). Although nothing happens when I use these keys, I thought it might be the result of some incompatibility with another mod. How do I change this key binding?

Have you tried Alt-N? The key combo might be hardcoded.

The interface in EVE was by mod-N, IIRC, the one in EVE Overhaul is mod-E (alt-E for windows, either mod-E or still alt-E for nix).

Thanks for your attention, guys! Let me see if, with your help, I can solve this!

Firstly, how do I know if I have EVE or EVE Overhaul? It does not have a .version file...

If you downloaded it from the link in this threads OP (this one), it's the normal EVE. If not, it's the Overhaul (there's a thread in Add-On Development with it, can't find it at the mo).

Ok, so I have the normal EVE (for what I read, Overhaul uses more RAM and CPU and my notebook is strugling with Normal EVE as it is)...

Since I'm on Linux, I've tested all +N combinations I could think of (RShift+N, CTRL+N, LAlt+N, RAlt+N), and nothing works (RShift+F12 shows debug, though). Any suggestions?

WOW! That interface is compelling! I just can't access it on Linux (neither with RShift-N nor RShift-E, etc.). Although nothing happens when I use these keys, I thought it might be the result of some incompatibility with another mod. How do I change this key binding?

From the Space Center Scenery (where you are when you first load a game) you need to use Alt+RShift+N to get the debug menu to work (for Linux).

Ok, so I have the normal EVE (for what I read, Overhaul uses more RAM and CPU and my notebook is strugling with Normal EVE as it is)...

Since I'm on Linux, I've tested all +N combinations I could think of (RShift+N, CTRL+N, LAlt+N, RAlt+N), and nothing works (RShift+F12 shows debug, though). Any suggestions?

I know this wont help you much, but I too am running linux (Mint 17.1 64bit) and LALT+N does bring up the EVE config window....

vygDKOs.png?1

From the Space Center Scenery (where you are when you first load a game) you need to use Alt+RShift+N to get the debug menu to work (for Linux).

Thank you all, folks! Your will to help others is very laudable!

Based on AML225's suggestion (that unfortunately did not work), I tried LAlt+LShift+N and - FINALLY - it worked! Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a low end laptop with limited RAM and integrated graphics. With this mod and aggressive active texture management I get a stunning experience none the less. Thanks so much!

edit: pic didn't link the first (or second) time around

1024x575.resizedimage

Edited by jhook777

I found a slight problem. There appeared to a problem that lead to clouds dominating the majority of Kerbin's night. Not only that but they were illuminated. Fortunately I have an album! The problem has only been replicated once. Not once since then though (few days ago).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I find it somewhat remarkable that we still have not seen any other mod implement clouds in KSP. Especially in light of the fact that this particular mod has not been updated in almost half a year.

look up silverfox's weather mod, which does its own clouds

Hey, I'm having a problem

After using this mod with OpenGL (AVP requires it) You can see noticeable blotches and question marks on some atmospheric planets

Is there anyway to solve this?

Architecture

Version: 0.90

using Windows and 32x KSP with ATM And OpenGL

More Information will be provided if asked to

Pictures are here

Kerbin

] Capture1.PNG?_subject_uid=374379353&w=AAB9PgxSibreHn1bWK8a5VzbeSwYABe1vqMpbXt2dpvt4g

Duna

Capture2.PNG?_subject_uid=374379353&w=AABUmQ02gn3KAjZJ2VYLdXsGyAJLxwXUjNw0XvGG7yr2Fg

Jool

Capture3.PNG?_subject_uid=374379353&w=AADicWHiF2JydNCEEeSKwvM3tKkble0QKuZLd4xEFG2D1g

Laythe

Capture4.PNG?_subject_uid=374379353&w=AACZ7fv2MVQRuxlyiAWYuIE8luViSosyG-65GDkPFCg7AA

Eve

Capture7.PNG?_subject_uid=374379353&w=AAD-I8jaZhT1QxphvIlY1QeVhPVh6GUZbbCrqUxsR-maqg

My output.log is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufws80wxk1453xf/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hello, I'm having this problem for a while now, tried everything I could to fix with no luck.

The first picture you can tell the lights are out of place, they're not aligned properly with kerbin's continents.

8ly6J7f.png

The second picture is something that's been pissing me off for a while now, I'm not even sure it's fixable at this point.

YPthkaD.png

Greetings,

After I do some chores I will be live streaming and attempting to run this along with the Astronomer's Visual Packs - HARR !

I should be starting later this morning !

Edit: All done and tweaked for the most part; this will be in my real missions !

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Does anyone know where I can read up on what the values under shader_floats and scaled_shader_floats do?

What does rimDistance, fadeDistance, minimumLight, detailDistance, falloffScale and falloffPower actually change?