[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I had the same problem on my machine. Going into the cloudlayers.cfg and replacing detaileve1 with simply detail1 in the jool clouds fixed the problem.

Cool, I was hoping someone would have the solution to this problem. Thanks.

I also noticed that Sentar is currently set up the same way... I haven't even installed the extra planets mod yet, but should I change its config to detail1 as well just in case?

I should have a fix for it in the next release. And a pleasant surprise for those that don't want to have to edit the config manually.

You always surprise us with something great. I try to look at Jool today and look if I have same problem like others. ;)

Is this how it should look at this altitude or is there anyway to increase the resolution of the cloud texture? My graphics settings are all turned up to the max in the in-game settings.

SjiKdoz.jpg

That is the max resolution... I'll see what I can do to make it look better though.

Since version 0.22, I've been getting a lot of crashes, mostly during scene changes. Today, it was crashing like crazy, and the only thing that had changed was a small update to windows, I think.

Removing this plugin made it possible to fly around without crashing, but Kerbin looks like a rubber ball without it. :(

I have a few chrash reports, if they are of any use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwkb7rdbmrtcd5j/2013-08-07_131122.zip

Or, if it's RAM trouble, I've yet to try the texture reduction pack, or maybe it's time to say goodbye to some of hooligan labs's balloons.

Edited by Tw1

Since version 0.22, I've been getting a lot of crashes, mostly during scene changes. Today, it was crashing like crazy, and the only thing that had changed was a small update to windows, I think.

Removing this plugin made it possible to fly around without crashing, but Kerbin looks like a rubber ball without it. :(

I have a few chrash reports, if they are of any use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwkb7rdbmrtcd5j/2013-08-07_131122.zip

Or, if it's RAM trouble, I've yet to try the texture reduction pack, or maybe it's time to say goodbye to some of hooligan labs's balloons.

Seems like a memory issue for me, because the error messages equal the messages I got yesterday as my KSP crashed due to insufficient memory allocation.

Yeah, these are related to memory. I'm really looking forward to the 64-bit version.

Yeah, these are related to memory. I'm really looking forward to the 64-bit version.

I think everyone is looking forward to the 64 bit version :sticktongue: . I know I'd like to use the 2 or 3 parts mods i don't already have installed plus a few other mods that right now would toss me over the 4gb limit (ones I already have take priority for me such as pretty kerbin system > scansat/isa tho I would like to have both ).

I've been away for a bit, what does this GUI do? Also you might need to change the key to bring up GUI, another mod uses ALT+N. Its called ingame notepad, not a lot of people use it, but some do and might cause problems. I use it in my game, i'm sure some other people do to.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55625-0-22-In-game-notes-notepad-0-3

I had a little spare time and played with the new version, loved the addition of the GUI editor for the clouds. One thing you should add is the ability to reset a layer or a planet to either the stock (cloudless) version or the original clouds that are in the mod, that way if the user changes the cloud settings they can revert to a more pleasing version rather than wasting time to find the original settings of the clouds for a planet

I had a little spare time and played with the new version, loved the addition of the GUI editor for the clouds. One thing you should add is the ability to reset a layer or a planet to either the stock (cloudless) version or the original clouds that are in the mod, that way if the user changes the cloud settings they can revert to a more pleasing version rather than wasting time to find the original settings of the clouds for a planet

Good Idea... Should have thought of that :)

I've been away for a bit, what does this GUI do? Also you might need to change the key to bring up GUI, another mod uses ALT+N. Its called ingame notepad, not a lot of people use it, but some do and might cause problems. I use it in my game, i'm sure some other people do to.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55625-0-22-In-game-notes-notepad-0-3

It allows cloud layers to be altered to preference. Adding clouds, tweaking shader settings, etc... And to generate a preview volumetric cloud in-game over the launchpad.

Hmmm... Key bindings are hard to come-by :) I'll see what I can do. I wanted ALT+C but that was taken up by IVA

Yeah alt+n is ok, at first you GUI is over the other one, but yours can be moved. That one is stuck in top left corner. It works ok. The only problem I can see is when I just want to bring up my notes to do something with them, I just want to see them and not clouds GUI.

Yeah finding another keybinding would be a hassle.

It allows cloud layers to be altered to preference. Adding clouds, tweaking shader settings, etc... And to generate a preview volumetric cloud in-game over the launchpad.

Hmmm... Key bindings are hard to come-by :) I'll see what I can do. I wanted ALT+C but that was taken up by IVA

Yeah alt+n is ok, at first you GUI is over the other one, but yours can be moved. That one is stuck in top left corner. It works ok. The only problem I can see is when I just want to bring up my notes to do something with them, I just want to see them and not clouds GUI.

Yeah finding another keybinding would be a hassle.

or add a minimize option along with a close button for the GUI

I am liking the GUI, it makes a player be very creative to do whatever he wants in his KSP universe. One thing would be nice to have is a button to return to default. I was messing around with different cloud colors of kerbin and other things to test it out, but wanted to go back to default and start over and try something else. Well unless there is a way to revert back to default layers and I don't know how to do it, lol.

I am liking the GUI, it makes a player be very creative to do whatever he wants in his KSP universe. One thing would be nice to have is a button to return to default. I was messing around with different cloud colors of kerbin and other things to test it out, but wanted to go back to default and start over and try something else. Well unless there is a way to revert back to default layers and I don't know how to do it, lol.

Yeah, I didn't really think about it much. My dev environment is set up to overwrite the config every time I build, so when I goofed up the config I would never think twice about it.

Has anyone toyed around with the Volumetric clouds? I'm really looking for opinions on these (ie. size, color, shape, etc). I need to have a good baseline before I move forwards with them.