[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

you just have to scroll through the cloud config files and remove all the cloud layers you don't want and then make sure the textures that are being called by what remains are in your clouds/textures folder. Personally I break out each planet's cloud layers into individual files so I can load up only whatever planet(s) I happen to need to look pretty

you just have to scroll through the cloud config files and remove all the cloud layers you don't want and then make sure the textures that are being called by what remains are in your clouds/textures folder. Personally I break out each planet's cloud layers into individual files so I can load up only whatever planet(s) I happen to need to look pretty

Thanks! Problem is: I've tried to create new cloud layers and felt overwhelmed by the settings shown on the GUI.

Is there any tutorial I can use?

Just tryed this mod on KSP which i purchased for the very first time a few days ago... so i should have the latest version. i.e. 1.0.2.

Windows 8

Let me know if a log file exists somewhere i could check to send some usefull info about this.

Is it possible to import your own cloud textures into the game? If so, how?

you can, just add the textures to a folder inside the gamedata directory and make the cfg load those textures

Also, is there a tutorial on creating configs for modded planets?

while not technically a tutorial, this pack adds clouds to a bunch of planets so if you go through the cfg files you should learn pretty easily how to add clouds to your planets

--

with EVE you can use the hotkey ALT+N to bring up the UserInterface while playing KSP and mess around with the clouds from there. I would still recomend you to check out how the cfg files are written tho, it is very helpful at times

Edited the message since when I wrote it I thought I was on a different thread :D (derp!)

Edited by Sigma88

Hey! I just installed planet shine and Eve but I seem to be having a problem with the city lights.

SCREENSHOT

Anybody know what the issue is and how I can fix it? I had installed Astronomers visual pack V3 as well but I deleted all the mod files and just installed the two mentioned above and this issue seems to be caused by EVE. I'll try deleting eve and just install without planetshine to see if it fixes it.

EDIT: Installing without planetshine was not the problem. I still have those bland cities.

EDIT MK II: It just accured to me that maybe I need to download some actual cities first.. I am going to the internets to see if this is the case! (Updating and talking to yourself on Kerbal forums is strange. :D)

Edited by Janzani
Updating

Hey! I just installed planet shine and Eve but I seem to be having a problem with the city lights.

SCREENSHOT

Anybody know what the issue is and how I can fix it? I had installed Astronomers visual pack V3 as well but I deleted all the mod files and just installed the two mentioned above and this issue seems to be caused by EVE. I'll try deleting eve and just install without planetshine to see if it fixes it.

EDIT: Installing without planetshine was not the problem. I still have those bland cities.

I can't quite see what the problem is.

SCREENSHOT

EDIT MK II: It just accured to me that maybe I need to download some actual cities first.. I am going to the internets to see if this is the case! (Updating and talking to yourself on Kerbal forums is strange. :D)

do you use Advanced Texture Management?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't quite see what the problem is.

I think the yellow thing in the image are supposed to be city lights

do you use Advanced Texture Management?

I have Active Texture management but is it the same as this Advanced Texture Management?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the yellow thing in the image are supposed to be city lights

Yes the yellow thing is supposed to be the city lights but there are no actual city lights there, just a light source.

And yes I have active texture management.

EDIT: SCREENSHOT I deleted active texture management and installed just EVE but the city still doesn't look right.

Edited by Janzani
updating

Yes the yellow thing is supposed to be the city lights but there are no actual city lights there, just a light source.

And yes I have active texture management.

EDIT: SCREENSHOT I deleted active texture management and installed just EVE but the city still doesn't look right.

hmmm that's odd, are you using a modified version of kerbin?

hmmm that's odd, are you using a modified version of kerbin?

SCREEN The problem seems to be the terrain. The terrain of kerbin and the cities from EVE just do not match. Might I have the wrong version of EVE? I do not recall downloading any mods that modify the actual size of the terrain on Kerbin. I might do a fresh install of the whole game but my internet is not so fast and I do not want to download KSP cause it would take like 2 hours. :(

EDIT: I have EVE 7.4 so that shouldn't be the problem either. I think I will just install the game from scratch.

EDIT MK II: So I did a fresh install and then installed EVE and the cities still look like the ones on this posts screenshot. :(

EDIT MK III: So I deleted all the city light files and downloaded KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake and just installed the city lights from that mod. The lights look A LOT better but some of the lights are in the ocean.. =143339486&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]SCREENSHOT I think I'll just give up. Delete all the city lights and just play on a big planet which inhabits only about 10 kerbals at the moment..

Edited by Janzani

SCREEN The problem seems to be the terrain. The terrain of kerbin and the cities from EVE just do not match. Might I have the wrong version of EVE? I do not recall downloading any mods that modify the actual size of the terrain on Kerbin. I might do a fresh install of the whole game but my internet is not so fast and I do not want to download KSP cause it would take like 2 hours. :(

EDIT: I have EVE 7.4 so that shouldn't be the problem either. I think I will just install the game from scratch.

EDIT MK II: So I did a fresh install and then installed EVE and the cities still look like the ones on this posts screenshot. :(

EDIT MK III: So I deleted all the city light files and downloaded KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake and just installed the city lights from that mod. The lights look A LOT better but some of the lights are in the ocean.. =143339486&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]SCREENSHOT I think I'll just give up. Delete all the city lights and just play on a big planet which inhabits only about 10 kerbals at the moment..

Oh so the issue was the texture clipping? I see.

Anyway, in regards to your initial question; one possible reason the textures were clipping is that you have the terrain quality set to a low value, as the terrain quality changes the shape of the terrain slightly.

The other possible reason is that minor undocumented changes to Kerbin's terrain from recent updates has caused the textures to clip, as EVE has not been officially updated for nearly a year.

I also had the texture misalignment problem at one point, and as far as I remember it fixed it self after a short time.

Oh so the issue was the texture clipping? I see.

Anyway, in regards to your initial question; one possible reason the textures were clipping is that you have the terrain quality set to a low value, as the terrain quality changes the shape of the terrain slightly.

The other possible reason is that minor undocumented changes to Kerbin's terrain from recent updates has caused the textures to clip, as EVE has not been officially updated for nearly a year.

I also had the texture misalignment problem at one point, and as far as I remember it fixed it self after a short time.

Yea texture clipping is the problem on my case. I changed the terrain settings, I had them on high but none of the settings changed a thing. Well I do not know what I can do besides just delete the files because it bothers me that much.. :D

Hey guys as a suggestion to the city light issue. I currently use Astronomers visual Interstellar v2 along with EVE 7-4 without issue. I honestly have not tried EVE 7-4 without AVP in 1.0.2. But you might want to consider grabbing the city light files from AVP and giving them a shot.

Could I place the textures into the BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures directory?

Also, does the config go in the BoulderCo/Clouds directory?

Edit: Also, how do I make clouds luminescent?

Edited by Astrofox

yes

I'm sure that putting the cfg there works, I'm not sure if it's mandatory, I've seen a lot of people putting the cfgs there so I think you should put it there.

no idea

Do you mean lightning? - AVP has a lightning config, but you will need to edit the speed to slow it down for 1.0.2

Same here. EVE still works and AVP needs the 3 files in clouds/particles converted to dds. Also converting the aurora textures to dds helps a bit. OpenGL or the 64bit hack are your friends. Just don't go running to the mod makers with bug reports if you decide to hack your win install to run in 64 bit mode. Use a 32bit install to check your mod related issues first.

edit: Astronomers interstellar v2 works after converting a couple textures as mentioned above.

Please, I BEG YOU, can you upload the converted package to somewhere so that i can get them? preferably the high resolutions with the optional stuff, i don;t know how to convert the astronomer's to dds and am dreaming on using it

thanks sir

Please, I BEG YOU, can you upload the converted package to somewhere so that i can get them? preferably the high resolutions with the optional stuff, i don;t know how to convert the astronomer's to dds and am dreaming on using it

thanks sir

I have .dds converter linked in my thread which is linked below this comment (look under "mod list"). You can use that to convert your mod textures to .dds. Everything seems to run just fine. No conversion necessary for EVE 7-4. The only thing I converted when I was running 32 bit were the 3 textures under "clouds/particles" as well as the aurora textures from AVP. And I added 8k planet textures which I converted to .dds. But besides that everything works.

The main issue with these high res textures is the capacity of your GPU. Onboard graphics (Intel HD3000) isn't going to cut it when you star adding on to EVE. Even if you have all the textures converted to .dds.

To give you an idea my specs are

intel i7 4790k 4.4 ghz

nvidia GTX 970 4GB

16GB PC 1866 ram

raid 1 with 2 2700rpm drives

I have .dds converter linked in my thread which is linked below this comment (look under "mod list"). You can use that to convert your mod textures to .dds. Everything seems to run just fine. No conversion necessary for EVE 7-4. The only thing I converted when I was running 32 bit were the 3 textures under "clouds/particles" as well as the aurora textures from AVP. And I added 8k planet textures which I converted to .dds. But besides that everything works.

The main issue with these high res textures is the capacity of your GPU. Onboard graphics (Intel HD3000) isn't going to cut it when you star adding on to EVE. Even if you have all the textures converted to .dds.

To give you an idea my specs are

intel i7 4790k 4.4 ghz

nvidia GTX 970 4GB

16GB PC 1866 ram

raid 1 with 2 2700rpm drives

well i tried to convert those textures for astronomer, but in aurora one of them fail to conver :/ also for me gpu is not an issue, nvidia gtx 650 here

well i tried to convert those textures for astronomer, but in aurora one of them fail to conver :/ also for me gpu is not an issue, nvidia gtx 650 here

Are they the aurora textures from AVP that wouldn't convert? Also make sure you uncheck flag as normal on the texture conversions unless it is a normal map you are converting.

Edit: When mods come together it's a beautiful thing.

Edited by V8jester

Is this compatible with KSp 1.0.2? If not, are there any other mods that add clouds that are?

Yes, it does work as is. And when you use EVE in conjunction with other mods like AVP or Renaissance. It takes a little bit of tweaking some times. If you have the ram to spare and are running in x64 it loads right up.

Yes, it does work as is. And when you use EVE in conjunction with other mods like AVP or Renaissance. It takes a little bit of tweaking some times. If you have the ram to spare and are running in x64 it loads right up.

Is that x64 system, or x64 KSP install? And what do you mean by ram to spare? How much?