[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Bro! Give this man some rep!

Thanks Joe, I figured I'd save as many as I could the headache it took to figure all that out.

Would someone be kind enough to make EVE compatible with the latest Real Solar System?

I have never used RSS so I am not sure on this one. But as a starting point. Do the names of the planets change when using RSS? If so my thought is you will need to change the names / dimensions of the overlay for the clouds to work. So it would be a lot of copy and pasting names and dimensions. Like if jool was renamed to Saturn. Jool is still the reference planet in the cloud cfg, but since jool is now abscent...... This is only a guess.

Edit:

Also it doesn't look like you asked this on the RSS thread. Ask there too and double your efforts

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55145-1-0-x-Real-Solar-System-v10-0-1-Jun-16

Edited by V8jester

Is it possible to disable atmosphere edits and water shader overhaul? I just want to have clouds, I use Scatterer for everything else.

Did you happen to see the video I posted a couple pages back? I run Scatterer along side AVP and EVE just fine. And all the tweaks are in the help files 2 posts up. Are you wanting to just trim down AVP and EVE so there are

no auroras, no lightning and so on? I would say just delete the cfg files / textures for the things you don't want like dust storms and what not from "boulderco" Also only install the portions of the mod you want like don't install Better Atmosphere as Scatter does the same thing but better.

Edited by V8jester

Oh, are you using old plugin? I'm using the new one, from wip thread. It can also change ground material and add daylight cities.

Yes I'm using 7-4. I had issues getting the WIP plugin working correctly the last time I futzed with it.

Read first then ask questions. Lots of people overlapping repeated questions.

The problem is there are a lot of people who came in at 1.0 like me, and see it at 0.24 KSP, and the last page or so are all talking about the WIP version.... but unlike me they are intimidated by nearly 500 pages of posts (and dont use grep and wget and a few other tools to sift forums). so thats a bit much to dig thru. Is there any way for the mods to slip in a FAQ post by editing the second post so people will see it (and be easily redirected to it)? Just sayin..

The problem is there are a lot of people who came in at 1.0 like me, and see it at 0.24 KSP, and the last page or so are all talking about the WIP version.... but unlike me they are intimidated by nearly 500 pages of posts (and dont use grep and wget and a few other tools to sift forums). so thats a bit much to dig thru. Is there any way for the mods to slip in a FAQ post by editing the second post so people will see it (and be easily redirected to it)? Just sayin..

Well, I appologize for my crass post. Must have been having a bad day or something. I don't even remember saying that. So, in answer to the post that was in respons to. Yes EVE 7-4 is compatible with KSP 1.0.2 32 bit. I needed to convert the three textures under boulderco/clouds/particles to .dds and it loaded just fine. A limitation a lot of players are running into is that on board graphics aren't keeping up. Or thy are running too many mods for eve to load as well. It does take a fair amount of memory to run these visual mods. I posted more recently instructions to get EVE AVP and x64 all working with over 50 mods. I don't intend to come accross as a know it all and to smash those that ask a repeat question. So again Sorry about that last post.

repeat of my instructions:

My EVE AVP Secrets

My system specs

intel i7 4790K 4.4 GHZ

GeforceGTX 970 4 GB

16GB of pc 1866 ram

Raid 1 on 2 7200 rpm drives

KSP doesn't like fast switching (alt-Tabing). To make it fast switch smoothly as well as gain a minor FPS boost. -popupwindow allows you to run in borderless windowed mode. You'll need to turn off "full Screen Mode" in game. Be sure to set your screen resolution to your monitor / TV's native resolution, or the window won't fit. To run in Borderless windowed mode add " -popupwindow" to the end of your shortcut target field.

A trick that often helps computers with good dedicated graphics cards (sometimes onboard graphics) but not so great processors, is OpenGL. OpenGL allows you to transfer more of the work load from your processor to the video card. Be aware that this is affected by the amount of dedicated memory and the speed of your graphics card. Mods will affect this limit. To run in OpenGL mode add " -forceopengl" to the end of the shortcut target field.

Now Popupwindow and OpenGL can run together. Just don't forget the spaces, your target field should look like this (KSP.exe -popupwindow -forceopengl)

Lastly I do not use it but many people have had good luck forcing DirectX 11 to bring down there memory footprint. KSP Natively runs using DirectX 9 which is more universally accepted by everyone's hardware. But if you want to give this a try place -force-d3d11 in the shortcut target field in place of -forceopengl.

KSP Settings

Max physics delta time per frame: 0.03 - This helps a ton

Max Persistant debris: 25- This helps a bit when you don't have the memory to burn

Terrain detail: High

SM3 Terrain Shaders: Enabled

Scatter Density 100%

Render Quality: Fantastic

Texture Quality: Full Res

Fallback Parts Shader: True

Aerodynamic FX Quality: Normal

Edge Highlighting (PPFX): Enabled

Surface FX: Enabled

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 - Set to native res

Full Screen: Disabled

Anti Aliasing: x2

V-sync: Don't Sync - This is the biggest performance hog

Frame Limit: 180FPS

Pixel Light Count: 8

Shadow Cascade: 4

Windows 7 Page File Settings - Mine is set to 32GB

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

Configure Memory Usage Monitor to auto start with -opengl and or -popupwindow using one shortcut.

Create a shortcut for memory usage monitor. (Memory monitor linked in mod list)

in the shortcut target field apply either / both (KSP.exe -popupwindow -forceopengl)

When opened, Memory usage will automatically search for "KSP.exe" to auto run the game. If you have hacked KSP to run in 64 bit mode the file you will have created will still be named "KSP.exe" So this still works with the x64 hack

Then you can rename and re icon the memory usage shortcut if you so desire.

You will now have a single icon to launch memory usage and KSP with OpenGL enabled all at once, with one shortcut.

64 Bit Help

If you want to run massive amounts of part / visual mods, and you have at least 16GB of RAM and a 64bit system (majority are). 64 bit mode will allow you to surpass your 4GB memory limit imposed by a standard 32 bit install. Now when you convert to 64 bit, Do not inundate the mod Devs with bug reports from your 64 bit install. Keep a 32 bit install around to test mod issues before submitting a bug report. I have yet to truly find a bug that was not repeatable in 32 bit with a properly updated mod. There is a reason Squad held back a 64 bit release this time around, and that's because bug tracking was a nightmare. As far as stability, I can play for hours without any issues. But when you start building 250+ part ships and bouncing in and out of the VAB and flight. It will crash eventually, but so will 32 bit under the same circumstances. v1.0.2 x64 is far more stable than .90 x64 ever was. If you want a kitchen sink mentality with mods, as well as not compress your textures to the resolution of a postage stamp. This is by far the best option.

Now that that's out of the way. Linked bellow is a walkthrough on how to convert to 64 bit. As well as a mod utility that will remove the 64 bit block from mods (warning I haven't used Unfixer as the mods I use don't require it - and Sarbian will hate you)

64bit hack http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117224-Windows-64-bit-community-workaround

64bit Unfixer http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113069-KSP-x64-Total-Unfixer

Environmental Visual Enhancement 7-4 Help

I've been getting a ton of questions about how to get EVE running. Plain and simple. In 32 bit I only converted the three images under Boulderco/Clouds/Particles to .dds And it ran just fine. Integrated graphics are having a really hard time running EVE. This is due to the fact that KSP is a CPU hog. And when you want your CPU doing double duty to run the game and better visuals. At some point it just can't keep up. So far from what I have seen, anything bellow intel HD 4400 won't cut it.

Also if you are running a large amount of mods already you may be hitting the 4GB ceiling. Hence the 64 bit fix above. You can also try increasing the size of your page file to allot more virtual ram.

First try installing some kind of memory monitor to see just how much RAM you are in fact using. If you are hovering around 3.5 - 3.7GB on a 32 bit install a crash is immanent.

Memory Usage Monitor http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99494-0-90-MemoryUsage-v1-20-2015-02-19

You can also try increasing the size of your page file

Win 7 Page File Adjustment: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

If you are bellow the memory limit and you have integrated graphics intel HD 4400 (preferably a dedicated graphics card) or better, and are still having issues. Then message me and I will try and help you out as well as further revise this help file.

Astronomers Visual Pack Interstellar v2 Help

AVP takes a little (but not a ton) of tweaking.

The core mod works with EVE 7-4 I converted the three images under Boulderco/Clouds/Particles to .dds as well as the aurora .pngs to .dds and it loaded in 32 bit.

To get the lens flares working in 1.0.2 you will need to extract the sun_flare.tex files one at a time from there old .25 asset files and place them in the new 1.0.2 asset files in the KSP_Data folder using Unity asset explorer.

Back up your asset file first!

Unity Asset Explorer http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/27/?

Using Unity asset explorer 1.3 or newer

First open "sharedassets10.assets" from the astronomers visual "jj abrams" Lens flare. Right click "sun_flare.tex"

click "extract" this is the file you will need.

Rename Folder created by unity asset explorer from "sharedassets10" to "sharedassets9"

(folder will be automatically created in the same directory as the asset explorer .exe)

Now back up and open "sharedassets9.assets" from your ksp_data Directory. Right click "Sun_flare.tex" and click 'Import"

(It will Import from the folder you already created and renamed)

Save the changes and, boom the asset9 file in your ksp_data folder has now been modified with the new lens flare.

The same process can be used for the AVP main menu logo from interstellar V1. Repeat the above process with "sharredasset2.assets" and I believe the file is "main_logo_red.tex" - Will revise with proper name later

The lightning does not work in 1.0.2 without cfg editing. Here is an updated file, just replace everything in the lightning cfg with this. Using notepad++ or equivalent.

Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.8.2.html

CLOUDS_SETTINGS{
GUI_KEYCODE = N
}
CLOUD_LAYER_PACK
{
CLOUD_LAYER
{
SAVED
{
body = Kerbin
altitude = 7500
volume = False
color
{
r = 20
g = 20
b = 25
a = 10
}
main_texture
{
file = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/lightning
scale = 1
offset
{
x = 0.3052678
y = 0
}
speed
{
x = -2.5E-05
y = 0
}
}
detail_texture
{
scale = 0.1
offset
{
x = 0.3052678
y = 0
}
speed
{
x = 0.0133333
y = 0.1
}
}
scaled_shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 4
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 0
minimumLight = -0.4
fadeDistance = 5
rimDistance = 1
}
shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 4
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 0
minimumLight = -0.4
fadeDistance = 5
rimDistance = 0.0001
}
}
}
CLOUD_LAYER
{
SAVED
{
body = Duna
altitude = 10000
volume = False
color
{
r = 20
g = 20
b = 25
a = 10
}
main_texture
{
scale = 1
offset
{
x = 0.3052678
y = 0
}
speed
{
x = -2.5E-05
y = 0
}
}
detail_texture
{
scale = 0.1
offset
{
x = 0.3052678
y = 0
}
speed
{
x = 0.0133333
y = 0.1
}
}
scaled_shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 4
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 0
minimumLight = -0.4
fadeDistance = 5
rimDistance = 1
}
shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 4
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 0
minimumLight = -0.4
fadeDistance = 5
rimDistance = 0.0001
}
}
}
CLOUD_LAYER
{
SAVED
{
body = Laythe
altitude = 6250
volume = False
color
{
r = 20
g = 20
b = 25
a = 10
}
main_texture
{
scale = 1
offset
{
x = 0.3052678
y = 0
}
speed
{
x = -2.5E-05
y = 0
}
}
detail_texture
{
scale = 0.1
offset
{
x = 0.3052678
y = 0
}
speed
{
x = 0.0133333
y = 0.1
}
}
scaled_shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 4
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 0
minimumLight = -0.4
fadeDistance = 5
rimDistance = 1
}
shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 4
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 0
minimumLight = -0.4
fadeDistance = 5
rimDistance = 0.0001
}
}
}
CLOUD_LAYER
{
SAVED
{
body = Eve
altitude = 7750
volume = False
color
{
r = 20
g = 20
b = 25
a = 10
}
main_texture
{
scale = 1
offset
{
x = 0.3052678
y = 0
}
speed
{
x = -2.5E-05
y = 0
}
}
detail_texture
{
scale = 0.1
offset
{
x = 0.3052678
y = 0
}
speed
{
x = 0.0133333
y = 0.1
}
}
scaled_shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 4
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 0
minimumLight = -0.4
fadeDistance = 5
rimDistance = 1
}
shader_floats
{
falloffPower = 4
falloffScale = 3.5
detailDistance = 0
minimumLight = -0.4
fadeDistance = 5
rimDistance = 0.0001
}
}
}
}

hey jester i pmed you and asked if it is possible to add a new feature in next version of ksp, can you reply to it lol

I wasn't sure what you were asking, now I get it. Yeah I am not a Mod Dev. Just someone that loves the game as much as the next guy, and I'm willing to help out. But adding features is beyond my abilities.

New release! Check HERE.

Alrighty! I just finished version 3 of my cloud pack. This version has auroras that glow at night (last update they where shadowed at night).

Here's the new release:

Avg's Cloud Pack-v3 (Dropbox)

Here's the album from the last release:

*Note that this album is also using Endraxial's planet textures

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Enjoy~

Edited by Avera9eJoe

...I needed to convert the three textures under boulderco/clouds/particles to .dds and it loaded just fine.

Hi, V8jester, I'd like to ask a couple of questions (politely, of course): The conversion you mentioned, is that something rbray has subsequently incorporated into the EVE zip file? If so, why hasn't the thread title and OP been updated to reflect it? If not, do you know why not?

Chris (newbie poster)

Alrighty! I just finished version 3 of my cloud pack. This version has auroras that glow at night (last update they where shadowed at night).

Here's the new release:

http://imgur.com/a/RLDLd

Enjoy~

Holy crap, I wish I knew about your version earlier O.o These look brilliant. Any reason why you didn't create a separate forum for them like AVP, Better Atmospheres, and so on? I'd love to see this get more views they are stunning!

Holy crap, I wish I knew about your version earlier O.o These look brilliant. Any reason why you didn't create a separate forum for them like AVP, Better Atmospheres, and so on? I'd love to see this get more views they are stunning!

I guess the main reason I didn't make a separate forum post was because I didn't want to take the credit away from EVE, as this is pretty much completely dependent on it. You really think it's good enough to need it's own thread?

:confused:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I guess the main reason I didn't make a separate forum post was because I didn't want to take the credit away from EVE, as this is pretty much completely dependent on it. You really think it's good enough to need it's own thread?

:confused:

That I do!

I wasn't sure what you were asking, now I get it. Yeah I am not a Mod Dev. Just someone that loves the game as much as the next guy, and I'm willing to help out. But adding features is beyond my abilities.

well i saw the blog post about porting to unity 5 written by you, at least you would be closer to find developers than me lol, that feature would be nice to have though :/

Here's the new release:

http://imgur.com/a/RLDLd

Enjoy~

Your clouds are awesome!

I would love to use the planet textures as well but I always get an CTD error before the game switches to menu after loading, without them it runs fine :/

Your clouds are awesome!

I would love to use the planet textures as well but I always get an CTD error before the game switches to menu after loading, without them it runs fine :/

Thank you for the complement! It's my pleasure :D.

Sorry to hear that though :(. The planet textures take an awful lot of memory to load. You could try loading just Kerbin's, Laythe's, and Jools textures or something like that to save memory (Just taking a guess that that's the problem).

UPDATE: I just made a separate thread for it. See HERE!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

well i saw the blog post about porting to unity 5 written by you, at least you would be closer to find developers than me lol, that feature would be nice to have though :/

I have never blogged? Not sure what post you mean as I really don't know anything about unity 5.

I reloaded and it was fine. Still dunno what caused it.

I let my GPU (GeForce) optimize my game settings...it fixed every major graphics glitch, but mine looked exactly like yours.