[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I'd like to confirm the city textures where they shouldn't be. In my case it wasn't the light, but the daytime texture, and I've seen it on Duna. If it helps, my system is Linux, and I'm running KSP 64bit (of course ^^). The graphics drivers are the AMD open source stack (RadeonSI to be precise, with Mesa 11.0.4+llvm-3.7 -> OpenGL 4.1).

This screen is taken while flying in the upper atmosphere - 39.6 km above nominal zero.

http://i.imgur.com/d6qHeqA.jpg

And yes, I'm using other mods: FAR, KIS, KSP-AVC, ProceduralFairings, RealChute, SCANsat, KAC, VOID and Waypoint Manager.

Do you have logs?

As I understand there is no more ability to make auroras or lightnings, as an atmosphere? It will be impossible or I should wait for next release?

You can add an aurora texture as a cloud layer with just the 2D effect you just can't make it "glow"

You can add an aurora texture as a cloud layer with just the 2D effect you just can't make it "glow"

Nhawks17 is correct. I just got the Aurora from AVP I2 working again. It was added as another 2 cloud layers moving at different speeds. For it to glow.... I'm not positive but I thought surface glow was handled through "planet shine"?

Nhawks17 is correct. I just got the Aurora from AVP I2 working again. It was added as another 2 cloud layers moving at different speeds. For it to glow.... I'm not positive but I thought surface glow was handled through "planet shine"?

The glow effects for auroras aren't handled by planetshine actually. I messed with auroras quite a bit when getting them working in my cloudpack and the glow is created through a number of parameters. Auroras are basically a cloud layer with an extra bit of code that makes them ignore daytime/nighttime. How it exactly does it though... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What I understand for the time being is that the 'glow' parameters have been removed, or rather not added yet.

Hey rbray, can it be assumed that atmosphere support will be re-added in the future or should we just assume Scatterer is going to be the place to go to for atmosphere effects from now on?

I plan on adding it sometime in the near future :)

As I understand there is no more ability to make auroras or lightnings, as an atmosphere? It will be impossible or I should wait for next release?

Plan on this in the near future along with being able to tone-down shadows.

I'm not 100% but I think how it was handled on the old EVE (like old old) was the ability to go beyond the 0-1 RGB color value (we use 0-255 now) which allowed for the "glow" effect. I "think" that's how it was handled but like I said, no positive. I'm sure rbray is going to do whatever he's doing to add them and it'll be amazing.

The glow effects for auroras aren't handled by planetshine actually. I messed with auroras quite a bit when getting them working in my cloudpack and the glow is created through a number of parameters. Auroras are basically a cloud layer with an extra bit of code that makes them ignore daytime/nighttime. How it exactly does it though... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What I understand for the time being is that the 'glow' parameters have been removed, or rather not added yet.

I wonder if there's a way to get things to ignore night time now... They do look really odd as a cloud layer and they go pitch black on the night side of a planet :P

I plan on adding it sometime in the near future :)

Plan on this in the near future along with being able to tone-down shadows.

Bwaha you're wonderful.

in fact we have colors from 0 to 1 and when we made color >1 cloud start glowing. let's wait for the next version for some weeks...

- - - Updated - - -

Astronomer's Pack is not compatible anymore. You will have to wait for it to be updated.

looks like Astronomer is out of KSP... Well, I upgraded his mod better...

I've just installed the rebooted version for 1.0.5 and the Space Centre is just a black screen; the HUD is there, but the rest is black - http://i.imgur.com/kEq9gdo.jpg
What kind of system specs do you currently have? I had this happen to me on a lower end machin in eve 7-4.

Ray. Is it possible to use the "city lights" plugin to provide a dark side glow for an aurora? I was thinking of trying this when I get back to my substantial computer. To do this can I illuminate a png color file? Or is it simply just a color set point in the cfg that determines the color of the city lights?

What kind of system specs do you currently have? I had this happen to me on a lower end machin in eve 7-4.

Ray. Is it possible to use the "city lights" plugin to provide a dark side glow for an aurora? I was thinking of trying this when I get back to my substantial computer. To do this can I illuminate a png color file? Or is it simply just a color set point in the cfg that determines the color of the city lights?

No it wouldn't be possible.

For clarity, I've had the previous version of EVE installed and running fine - well, as fine as I can expect with KSP being 32-bit and having quite a few mods installed.

System Specs are:

Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

Intel Core i5 2500K

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

The mods I have are:

ActiveTextureManagement

Bluedog Design Bureau

Chatterer

FASA Towers

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

KW Rocketry (with community fixes)

MechJeb

Scatterer

Tantares + Tantares LV

No it wouldn't be possible.
Thanks for saving me the effort of making a height map :)

Ok so another issue I'm running into which is further exposing my ignorance. Can some one please explain the color coding system to me?

So the old system looked like this

color
{
r = 15
g = 15
b = 15
a = 1
}

While the new system looks like this

_Color = 255,255,255,255

I am not sure of the name and or application of each system such as yml, html, and so on. I know a little bit about them but converting it is a little tricky to me as I don't know enough about them.

- - - Updated - - -

For clarity, I've had the previous version of EVE installed and running fine - well, as fine as I can expect with KSP being 32-bit and having quite a few mods installed.

System Specs are:

Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

Intel Core i5 2500K

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

The mods I have are:

ActiveTextureManagement

Bluedog Design Bureau

Chatterer

FASA Towers

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

KW Rocketry (with community fixes)

MechJeb

Scatterer

Tantares + Tantares LV

Oh yeah you are way past the minimum there. Did you fully remove the old version of EVE or just overwrite the old one? Could it be a bad install?

Oh yeah you are way past the minimum there. Did you fully remove the old version of EVE or just overwrite the old one? Could it be a bad install?

I tried merging with my previous version and removing then installing. Which option would you recommend?

I'd download both zip files again and reinstall, tomorrow.

I tried merging with my previous version and removing then installing. Which option would you recommend?

I'd download both zip files again and reinstall, tomorrow.

You always want to delete install. Never overwrite. Stuff gets botched that way. Another thing a lot of the heavy moders will do is keep all the zip files for all the mods in a separate folder. As well as the original zip with a vanilla copy of the game for when things go really wrong. If a fresh install of EVE doesn't fix it. Try a full reinstall of the game and mods, with practice you get faster at it.

Thanks for saving me the effort of making a height map :)

Ok so another issue I'm running into which is further exposing my ignorance. Can some one please explain the color coding system to me?

So the old system looked like this

color
{
r = 15
g = 15
b = 15
a = 1
}

While the new system looks like this

_Color = 255,255,255,255

I am not sure of the name and or application of each system such as yml, html, and so on. I know a little bit about them but converting it is a little tricky to me as I don't know enough about them.

It really isn't a spec. It is a custom KSP config mechanism. The commatized values are used because that is what KSP supports.