[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

On March 6, 2016 at 11:05 AM, rbray89 said:

The most likely issue is that there is a typo somewhere. The dev branch outputs very helpful debug info to KSP.log that is easy to understand by anyone. Look in there for errors.

I found the reason for the crash. I removed windowIVA.cfg. The code doesn't seem able to handle the config file missing.

18 hours ago, Table said:

The clouds only cover half of the planet. Can someone help me?

Are you seeing this on the main menu? If so, go into the game, you should see it covers the planet properly :)

19 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Are you seeing this on the main menu? If so, go into the game, you should see it covers the planet properly :)

I'm seeing this on both D:

Hey would anyone be willing to help me out? I have AVP I2 pretty much converted and running on 1-05-4. Auroras and clouds look good, Asset file Lens flare is converted to run on Scatterer.. But the cloud Particles aren't working right, (nonexistent really) as well as the clouds themselves seem.... Shaped different I guess.... Something is just off about them. I think I need to convert them some how. Do I need to invert the transparency or something?

Don't mean to jump in and sound like "Fix my problem now" I hope I'm not asking something that has been answered repeatedly. Admittedly I haven't been keeping up with the EVE thread lately.

On 3/8/2016 at 5:35 PM, Nhawks17 said:

On 3/8/2016 at 5:54 PM, Table said:

I'm seeing this on both D:

Me too... I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually.

Anyone know of some good low-res configs for this? My computer's not the strongest... I had this one that I got on KerbalStuff, and it didn't have another download or a forum thread but it was pretty and it ran well, it didn't even do the... half-covered-planet thing. But then my computer died. It's name escapes me.

On 8.3.2016 at 7:00 AM, Table said:

The clouds only cover half of the planet. Can someone help me?

I'm getting this, too. Rolling back to 1.05-3 solved it. No clouds in the main menu, but everything else seems to work.

(Alternatively, you might want to try your luck with the dev version.)

Edited by Technologicat
clarification

I decided to try this new version, it's too gorgeous to resist!

Unfortunately, it doesn't have an atmosphere pack like @Avera9eJoe's, does it? The idea of dust storms on Duna, a light and low fog on some moons and some kind of cloud around Moho is very teasing, don't you think? ;)

Spoiler

fm77VbP.png

mDT4Au0.png

Edited by jlcarneiro

On 3/14/2016 at 6:48 PM, jlcarneiro said:

I decided to try this new version, it's too gorgeous to resist!

Unfortunately, it doesn't have an atmosphere pack like @Avera9eJoe's, does it? The idea of dust storms on Duna, a light and low fog on some moons and some kind of cloud around Moho is very teasing, don't you think? ;)

Reveal hidden contents

fm77VbP.png

mDT4Au0.png

Oh that looks neat! Do you have a link to the pack?

so i just got this clean install ksp, install ckan then install EVE, and then white screen and nothing happens, what i do wrong? i didn't install any thing else.

Kerbal Space Program - 1.0.5.1028 (WindowsPlayer) Steam

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4)
RAM: 8086
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (2111MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [igdumdim32.dll 20.19.15.4300])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Wed, Mar 23, 2016 14:35:46

[LOG 14:35:48.830] PhysicsGlobals: Loading database
[LOG 14:35:50.246] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/Atmosphere
[LOG 14:35:50.253] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\Atmosphere.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.405] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/CelestialShadows
[LOG 14:35:50.407] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\CelestialShadows.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.410] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/CityLights
[LOG 14:35:50.411] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\CityLights.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.413] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/EVEManager
[LOG 14:35:50.414] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\EVEManager.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.417] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/PQSManager
[LOG 14:35:50.418] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\PQSManager.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.421] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/ShaderLoader
[LOG 14:35:50.422] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\ShaderLoader.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.425] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/Terrain
[LOG 14:35:50.426] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\Terrain.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.429] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/Utils
[LOG 14:35:50.429] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\Utils.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.433] Load(Assembly): Squad/Plugins/KSPSteamCtrlr
[LOG 14:35:50.433] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Plugins\KSPSteamCtrlr.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.436] Load(Assembly): Squad/Plugins/Steamworks.NET
[LOG 14:35:50.437] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Plugins\Steamworks.NET.dll
[LOG 14:35:50.446] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[LOG 14:35:50.589] VesselModules: Found VesselModule of type FlightIntegrator with order 0
[LOG 14:35:50.596] VesselModules: Found 1 VesselModule types
[LOG 14:35:50.611] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CloudsManager' from assembly 'Atmosphere'
[LOG 14:35:50.622] EVE_CLOUDS MAINMENU
[LOG 14:35:50.626] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'AtmosphereManager' from assembly 'Atmosphere'
[LOG 14:35:50.628] EVE_ATMOSPHERE MAINMENU
[LOG 14:35:50.630] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ShadowManager' from assembly 'CelestialShadows'
[LOG 14:35:50.633] EVE_SHADOWS MAINMENU
[LOG 14:35:50.633] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CityLightsManager' from assembly 'CityLights'
[LOG 14:35:50.637] EVE_CITY_LIGHTS MAINMENU
[LOG 14:35:50.637] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'EVEManagerClass' from assembly 'EVEManager'
[LOG 14:35:50.645] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'GenericEVEManager`1' from assembly 'EVEManager'
[LOG 14:35:50.646] Can't add script behaviour . Generic MonoBehaviours are not supported!
[LOG 14:35:50.648] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ShaderLoaderClass' from assembly 'ShaderLoader'
[LOG 14:35:50.690] Loading shader EVE/CloudShadow
[LOG 14:35:51.090] Loading shader EVE/CloudVolumeParticle
[LOG 14:35:51.125] Loading shader EVE/OceanBack
[LOG 14:35:51.129] Loading shader EVE/PlanetShadow
[LOG 14:35:51.202] Loading shader EVE/Atmosphere
[LOG 14:35:52.476] Loading shader EVE/Cloud

aha, got i just force my laptop use the gpu instead of the hd graphics card.

Edited by nathamxu

On 12/03/2016 at 5:37 PM, Technologicat said:

I'm getting this, too. Rolling back to 1.05-3 solved it. No clouds in the main menu, but everything else seems to work.

(Alternatively, you might want to try your luck with the dev version.)

I'm using SVE, will installing 1.05-3 be fine?

About how much RAM does this mod make use of?

Like, in the space center, just at launch, in space, etc..

I just installed upwards of 70 mods via the recommended list of some mods on CKAN and my KSP crashed due to not enough RAM. I can do without visual enhancements, so I'm trying to figure out whether this mod would be worth removing or not.

23 hours ago, The Destroyer said:

I haven't used SVE - maybe someone else here can help?

The SVE thread says just it's built off the development version of EVE (under the first picture in the OP). This could mean any new EVE version, or specifically the current dev version (I think 1.05-4 had some changes regarding texture mapping, don't know if that's needed for SVE or not).

15 hours ago, Ninjadude501Alt said:

About how much RAM does this mod make use of?

Like, in the space center, just at launch, in space, etc..

I just installed upwards of 70 mods via the recommended list of some mods on CKAN and my KSP crashed due to not enough RAM. I can do without visual enhancements, so I'm trying to figure out whether this mod would be worth removing or not.

Don't know about EVE only, but EVE 1.05-3 and Scatterer 0.0235 together take about 400MB when compared to a stock KSP 1.0.5 on Linux 64-bit + OpenGL. (Using the GCMonitor mod, version 1.3.0.0 to measure. Note that it shows VIRT.)

Even on 64-bit Linux, memory is a problem - there are just too many good mods available for KSP. Glad to have the problem that way around, though :)

(Unity crashes when the virtual address space ("VIRT", not the actual physical RAM used) exceeds 16GB. This often happens at under 8GB of actual RAM usage (resident size, "RSS" - nothing to do with Real Solar System).)

I'd say it's a safe bet to say that large part packs consume the most memory, but judging by the folder sizes under GameData, Scatterer and EVE also seem to be among the most memory-hungry mods. They look gorgeous, though.

On 3/23/2016 at 3:48 PM, The Destroyer said:

No it will not :) It has to be the included version in the download, the 1.05-3 version uses a different configuration structure than the latest development versions.

4 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

No it will not :) It has to be the included version in the download, the 1.05-3 version uses a different configuration structure than the latest development versions.

Oh. Okay, in the mean time just wait for Rbray to fix the clouds?

7 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

What does that mean? I put 1.05-3 into my install and everything seems to look just fine... :blush:

11 hours ago, The Destroyer said:

Oh. Okay, in the mean time just wait for Rbray to fix the clouds?

Yep!

7 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

What does that mean? I put 1.05-3 into my install and everything seems to look just fine... :blush:

You more than likely placed the BoulderCo folder in your Gamedata as well which will give you clouds, just not from SVE. If not, you're probably using an older version of SVE.

24 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Is duh to you placing the BoulderCo folder in your Gamedata or you using an older version of SVE? :confused:

No, the "duh" was regarding the BoulderCo folder and me thinking I finally got SVE running with half the clouds missing above 160 km. My SVE version is up to date. So, when I remove BoulderCo, I won't have any clouds at all, right?

1 minute ago, StarStreak2109 said:

No, the "duh" was regarding the BoulderCo folder and me thinking I finally got SVE running with half the clouds missing above 160 km. My SVE version is up to date. So, when I remove BoulderCo, I won't have any clouds at all, right?

Correct. The older EVE won't recognize the new config structure that the current SVE release has.