Jump to content

[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Should just be able to delete the shadows config.

cool. that's what I figured just didn't want to break anything. thanks!

Edited by Berlin
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, rbray89 said:

Hah! people complained that it was "too cloudy" so I made it less cloudy :) 
You can use the GUI. ALT+0, and use the arrows to change the Texture AlphaMap value from AlphaMap_R to AlphaMap_A

I like that new level of clouds I see. Looks nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Rbray, congrats on 1.1! So glad you're continuing to work on this amazing tool :)

I have some questions regarding EVE for 1.1.

Having tried this on RSS, I can get clouds and city textures working fine, no problem, but no matter what I do cannot seem to get any terrain textures to show up. They're compressed just like the others too, and using the same detail set up?

Oh and I noticed a new variable - NoiseScale? Might I ask what this does

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Berlin said:

I'm getting a double eclipse from eve and scatterer I want to see which I like better

Hey, would you mind making a few screenshots of both shadow variants, from EVE and scatterer, maybe even the double shadows?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, :D thanks for the quick screenie!

 

I think one could 'repurpose' the double shadow thingie into some sort of umbra/penumbra mechanic (if applicable).

From the first looks, the smaller more darkish shadow seems to be the one... (imho)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The central one is more diffuse (smudgey) than the lighter (larger) shaddow. it would work well if they matched up but the more to the side you are the more they appear like this, it's like the shaddow has a shaddow. So it looks odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was using this mod with 1.05 and my allready horrible framerates were'nt much affected by it. So today I tried 1.1 and I was pretty astouned as not looking at a slideshow anymore (at least for my perception). Of course I wanted some clouds as I can't really imagine playing without them anymore, but now the mod drops the framerate horribly.

Any chance to get a really low spec version ? Otherwise some hints on manually altering the config files would be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

(Running on linux64, mods: BetterBurnTime, Chatterer, MechJeb, SCANsat, TextureReplacer - nothing that should conflict..)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I really love this mod and it's great to see you put som much effort into this. I only have one question. In the 1.1 version im getting very few clouds. Almost none att all. How can i change this? im not that technical. Is scatterer affecting it or do i change some config file? 

But anyway great work man keep it up :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ok, the scatterer shadow seems to be my choice of occlusion/occultation^^

 

No offense to the EVE creator, its' nontheless a neat feat :)

 

So I bunched them all together, the latest release of EVE, scatterer, SVE-UR and planetshine but now I have the issue, that on the main menu, only the upper hemisphere of the cloud layer is rendered.

I remember someone having the same issue, but can't correlate it to any of the mods, so I gotta ask for miniscule help in identifying the source of the issue so I can search for a work around/bug the other mod authors :D

(Arbitrary guesstimation: SVE?)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pingopete said:

Hey Rbray, congrats on 1.1! So glad you're continuing to work on this amazing tool :)

I have some questions regarding EVE for 1.1.

Having tried this on RSS, I can get clouds and city textures working fine, no problem, but no matter what I do cannot seem to get any terrain textures to show up. They're compressed just like the others too, and using the same detail set up?

Oh and I noticed a new variable - NoiseScale? Might I ask what this does

Cheers

Yeah, there isn't anything special about the city light textures. Same as they've always been. Do eclipse shadows in Vesselspace work?

NoiseScale is for the procedural size and rotation of the particles. We use 3D perlin noise generated from the position to make sure the particles aren't all the same. the noise scale scales the 3D perlin rate to something reasonable.

44 minutes ago, Nightshift83 said:

Was using this mod with 1.05 and my allready horrible framerates were'nt much affected by it. So today I tried 1.1 and I was pretty astouned as not looking at a slideshow anymore (at least for my perception). Of course I wanted some clouds as I can't really imagine playing without them anymore, but now the mod drops the framerate horribly.

Any chance to get a really low spec version ? Otherwise some hints on manually altering the config files would be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

(Running on linux64, mods: BetterBurnTime, Chatterer, MechJeb, SCANsat, TextureReplacer - nothing that should conflict..)

One thing you can try that I've noticed helps is ensure nothing else is running in the background (eg. Chrome kills my framerates) and if that doesn't help much then disable the celestial shadows by deleting the shadows config (and try the city lights config too) in the boulderco folder. Let me know if deleting those configs helps at all.

14 minutes ago, h0yer said:

Well ok, the scatterer shadow seems to be my choice of occlusion/occultation^^

 

No offense to the EVE creator, its' nontheless a neat feat :)

 

So I bunched them all together, the latest release of EVE, scatterer, SVE-UR and planetshine but now I have the issue, that on the main menu, only the upper hemisphere of the cloud layer is rendered.

I remember someone having the same issue, but can't correlate it to any of the mods, so I gotta ask for miniscule help in identifying the source of the issue so I can search for a work around/bug the other mod authors :D

(Arbitrary guesstimation: SVE?)

 

 

Realistically, both scatterer and EVE should use the same mechanism for light occlusion. We'd have to come to an agreement about which to use though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nightshift83 said:

Allready tried the city lights but only them, will test both of them tomorrow. Thanks for the quick reply.

And if that isn't the cause, can you try using the GUI (ALT+0) and disabling the volume particles (or open up the config and delete the volume clouds chunks). I have a suspicion that that is what your machine may not like too much. I added a nice (but expensive) feature to the volume particles so they don't move around in huge chunks, but it can be a tad expensive, especially on older GPUs.

If this is the cause, I have a possible fix in-mind, it would just be less ideal.

Edited by rbray89
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any known incompatible mods? All I got after installing this mod on 1.1 KSP is CTD before I even see the loading screen. KSP log states that certain part cannot be loaded (it's reflection module), if I remove that particalr part, CTD still happens and there will be another part from another mod and so on.

Removing shader.dll fixes the CTD, but obviously removes all the Environmental Enhancements aswell :)

 

P.S. I used this mod at 1.0 (or even 1.0.5) and it was all good, now I use all the same mods (some of them still pending update to 1.1, so in fact mod list is even shorter). Mods appeared in the log after CTD was Karbonite and then Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Edited by TC One
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

This is my first post on this forum, I made this account to post in this thread.  I love your mod.  Any update on when the KSP 1.1 will be added to CKAN?  Managing mods manually is a tedious process and I know many are like myself and only use mods that can be managed with the mod manager (CKAN).  Thanks!

Edited by GoldenGonzo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...