[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

This mod makes everything so beautiful and that makes me happy.

I was wondering what people are doing about the stock resource overlay getting obscured by clouds (mainly on Eve). I know you can turn the clouds off with Alt + 0 (I believe), but is there a hook or anything that a modder can use to turn the clouds off automatically under certain circumstances?

Once again I have to congratulate you on a fantastic mod @rbray89 

having borrowed one of @Poodmund's cloud textures (gaslayer) from his amazing OPM - Visual Overhaul and with @blackrack's amazing Scatterer I have finally managed to almost set up the clouds over the Minmus flats to my liking. 

Will definately make landing more interesting

Many thanks to you all for making such great Mods

1 hour ago, DrFumbles said:

@Ixonal if you have a look a couple of pages back rbray89 posted a link to a Dev Build that works well. I think the 1.1.1 version may work, have not tested though.

You may have to manually install for now.

No, for now, and for some reason, it does not work in 1.1.2. Here's a few screenshots:

At first, I thought it was an issue with the whole 1.1.2 update. I deleted every mod and reinstalled each mod - one at a time. I was able to repeat this each and every time I installed. EVE (I have even did a clean install of 1.1.2).

This is a great mod and enjoy the option to have the fuller clouded sky (as RBray originally made this mod). Looking forward to having this back in my mod roster!

Edited by adsii1970

18 hours ago, DrFumbles said:

Once again I have to congratulate you on a fantastic mod @rbray89 

having borrowed one of @Poodmund's cloud textures (gaslayer) from his amazing OPM - Visual Overhaul and with @blackrack's amazing Scatterer I have finally managed to almost set up the clouds over the Minmus flats to my liking. 

Will definately make landing more interesting

Many thanks to you all for making such great Mods

Could you please make this available?  Looks incredible!

@adsii1970 the clouds I may be able to help you with. Make sure you are running the latest Dev build linked a couple of pages back. And have the latest version of Scatterer.

For KSP 1.1.2 x64 dx9 with E.V.E. Dev Build and Scatterer v0.0244 

first put any craft on the runway/launchpad.

while you are still parked Press Alt+0 (zero) to bring up the GUI

pic of first install

cloud%201_zpslfzu0bsg.jpg

Using top arrows scroll to CloudsManager. once there scroll down to find the LayerVolume and adjust Size and Area to the following.

Size from 2000.2.2  up to  2600.2.2

Area from 18000.4 down to 12000.4

cloud%202_zpsapgjsghc.jpg

then hit apply and save. Alt+0 to exit Gui. Will make the clouds look alot better.

Edited by DrFumbles

@adsii1970found this from rbray89 a few pages back

And no you dont have to install Scatterer but it does look better

On 5/3/2016 at 0:47 PM, rbray89 said:
On 5/3/2016 at 0:45 PM, tg626 said:

Is this a known thing?

6iRjTQd.png

Seems to happen when a cloud's shadow passes over.  happens to all sorts of lights with corona's, like the spot light on that tower beside the launch pad and the runway lights (esp the big end lights).  Looks to me like we are seeing the polys, like the "transparent" part of the texture is rendering gray.

It's known. Squad never added the proper render tags to ignore it. Eventually I plan to overhaul the lighting system and I'll get to this.

Edited by DrFumbles

@DrFumbles: Ah, thanks, then that would explain it. I wonder if there are any plans by @SQUAD to address this issue as I would hate @rbray89 to spend a few hours trying to rewrite his mod's code to get rid of such artifacts just to have his efforts negated by Squad deciding to update the code... 

Edit (added):

I guess I should have gone through all the pages (and not just the one or two before the one where I posted) and had seen that post. It would have saved me from bringing up something that probably irritates everyone... for re-discussion.

Edited by adsii1970

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

@DrFumbles: Ah, thanks, then that would explain it. I wonder if there are any plans by @SQUAD to address this issue as I would hate @rbray89 to spend a few hours trying to rewrite his mod's code to get rid of such artifacts just to have his efforts negated by Squad deciding to update the code... 

Edit (added):

I guess I should have gone through all the pages (and not just the one or two before the one where I posted) and had seen that post. It would have saved me from bringing up something that probably irritates everyone... for re-discussion.

Its a change I'll have to make to get lighting and (celestial/cloud) shadows to play nice anyways, so realistically I have to do it anyways :)

1 minute ago, rbray89 said:

Its a change I'll have to make to get lighting and (celestial/cloud) shadows to play nice anyways, so realistically I have to do it anyways :)

I just don't want to be overly sappy in a post as it is not my nature. I am a seasoned "I can hurt your feelings with a flick of a red pen" kind of guy, but I do appreciate your hard work. You add a lot of quality to the game.

So as I'm making progress customizing and fine tuning my EVE setup, I've gotta say I'm curious about the "EVE_ATMOSPHERE" section. Is there documentation or examples of this feature? Or is it simply not fully implemented yet? I tried fiddling around with it, but the best I could do was change color values.

Edited by Jethro Bodine
woops, typo!

24 minutes ago, Jethro Bodine said:

So as I'm making progress customizing and fine tuning my EVE setup, I've gotta say I'm curious about the "EVE_ATMOSPHERE" section. Is there documentation or examples of this feature? Or is it simply not fully implemented yet? I tried fiddling around with it, but the best I could do was change color values.

Not really implemented. This feature was covered by scatterer, so I dropped it for the time being.

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hmm... I'm curious now. I hope you don't mind my asking, but what's the next big thing you want to add to EVE @rbray89? Just a bit curious :P

Migrating all the shadows and lighting to a universal system. 

After that I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, rbray89 said:

After that I'm not sure.

A universal system for both lighting and shadows. Sounds streamlined :).

I was going to say, your reboot has pretty much all the features of the original at this point, or the equivalent has already been done in a different mod. I think lightning is the only thing that isn't in the reboot. It wasn't a pretty method in old EVE either hehe.

14 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

After that I'm not sure.

Hehe, up for any requests?

Seriously though, you're probably best suited to answer this... would it be possible to make an addon that allowed some basic color correction/fine tuning to stock KSP? Nothing crazy fancy or sophisticated... maybe just a little brightness/contrast and color saturation control? I'd love my colors to have a bit more "pop" than stock, but hesitant to resort to injectors like ReShade or SweetFX. Is what I'm talking about within the realm of possibility, or more trouble than it would be worth?

24 minutes ago, Jethro Bodine said:

Hehe, up for any requests?

Seriously though, you're probably best suited to answer this... would it be possible to make an addon that allowed some basic color correction/fine tuning to stock KSP? Nothing crazy fancy or sophisticated... maybe just a little brightness/contrast and color saturation control? I'd love my colors to have a bit more "pop" than stock, but hesitant to resort to injectors like ReShade or SweetFX. Is what I'm talking about within the realm of possibility, or more trouble than it would be worth?

It's definitely doable, but I'd suggest that most monitors have the ability to do this natively :)

5 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

It's definitely doable, but I'd suggest that most monitors have the ability to do this natively :)

That's true, hehe, but I really would rather not have to re-adjust my monitor for every other purpose/application than playing KSP. :)

4 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

@rbray89, what is required to get EVE to cast shadows with Kopernicus planets?

A config needs to be added for those bodies. Same as the Shadows Config.

3 minutes ago, Jethro Bodine said:

That's true, hehe, but I really would rather not have to re-adjust my monitor for every other purpose/application than playing KSP. :)

Yeah, I think that's a little out of scope here. Maybe one of the cinematic mods does something?