[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

23 hours ago, Moggiog said:

Hey, I can't seem to get this mod to work. I've checked the files at least five times, nothing happens. No clouds, no nothing. Although I fear this isn't just this mod, as other mods don't work either.

Here's my log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gddr39f5zn2xu2c/output_log.txt?dl=0

You are runing KSP 1.0.5. MOD designed for any version above this won't work properly...

The log says 1.0.5... Maybe you did not send the right LOG?

First line say which version of Unity: Initialize engine version: 4.6.4f1 (99f88340878d)

Then, the style of the log file clearly is the one prior to 1.1 with the "(this message is harmless)" visible on a few lines.

But the real important line is this one: [KSP Version]: 1.0.5.1028 (WindowsPlayer) Steam ====================================

:D

Edit: Are you sure you put the mods into the [KSP folder]\Gamedata folder? Or perhaps you put them in another folder which contain the 1.0.5 install?

Edited by Galenmacil

7 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

The log says 1.0.5... Maybe you did not send the right LOG?

First line say which version of Unity: Initialize engine version: 4.6.4f1 (99f88340878d)

Then, the style of the log file clearly is the one prior to 1.1 with the "(this message is harmless)" visible on a few lines.

But the real important line is this one: [KSP Version]: 1.0.5.1028 (WindowsPlayer) Steam ====================================

:D

Edit: Are you sure you put the mods into the [KSP folder]\Gamedata folder? Or perhaps you put them in another folder which contain the 1.0.5 install?

Maybe I sent the wrong log... Try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjnu9y8dmc7jvuy/output_log.txt?dl=0

I'm putting the files in the right folder, I'm opening the KSP folder through steam.

OK. This is the right LOG. So, you have problem with all the mods from what I read in your initial post? You have a lot of mod installed and quite a few do not load correctly... Could they be outdated and not suitable for KSP 1.1.2? The log file seem to suggest sometime is wrong with a lot of them...

As for EVE, there is this part about shader not being usable on your machine:

Spoiler

Shader 'AtmosphereFromGround': fallback shader 'None' not found
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Glow Downsample' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/SSAO' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/SSAO' - Setting to default shader.

Loading shader EVE/Cloud
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'EVE/Ocean' - Pass 'SHADOWCOLLECTOR' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'EVE/Ocean' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'EVE/Ocean' - All passes removed
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'EVE/Ocean' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'EVE/Ocean' - Pass 'SHADOWCOLLECTOR' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'EVE/Ocean' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'EVE/Ocean' - All passes removed
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'EVE/Ocean' - Setting to default shader.

And this whole section detailing error when loading EVE:

Spoiler

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Atmosphere': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Atmosphere.CloudsManager' from assembly 'Atmosphere, Version=1.5.5834.18391, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Atmosphere.CloudsObject' from assembly 'Atmosphere, Version=1.5.5834.18391, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Atmosphere.AtmosphereObject' from assembly 'Atmosphere, Version=1.5.5834.18391, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PQSMod' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1' from assembly 'EVEManager, Version=1.5.5834.18390, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PQSMod' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<CheckForDisable>d__25' from assembly 'Atmosphere, Version=1.5.5834.18391, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass26_0' from assembly 'Atmosphere, Version=1.5.5834.18391, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<CheckForDisable>d__11' from assembly 'Atmosphere, Version=1.5.5834.18391, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\CelestialShadows.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'CelestialShadows': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CelestialShadows.ShadowObject' from assembly 'CelestialShadows, Version=1.5.5834.18391, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1' from assembly 'EVEManager, Version=1.5.5834.18390, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\CityLights.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'CityLights': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CityLights.CityLightsObject' from assembly 'CityLights, Version=1.5.5834.18391, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'EVEManager': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ObjectType' from assembly 'EVEManager, Version=1.5.5834.18390, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<SetupDelay>d__27' from assembly 'EVEManager, Version=1.5.5834.18390, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Similar error messages for many mods suggest they are not updated for 1.1.2 as they simply refuse to load... I would suggest you go to the KSP 1.1.2 Gamedata folder and move everything except the "Squad" folder to a temporary place. Then, one by one, try reinstalling the MOD you want making sure you have the latest version available.

Finally, the log shows that you are running on windows but in OpenGL mode. Try starting the game directly via the "KSP_x64.exe" executable to bypass any Steam command line argument. Try those and report back...:wink:

Edited by Galenmacil

On 04/06/2016 at 11:59 PM, jsimmons said:

Hi rbray89

I pulled your latest pre-release tag to try it out and so far its pretty awesome. I only see one small issues. Using Kopernicus I replaced the terrain texture and it blends with the city textures which results in this. Is their any way to resolve this? Also I have a question about when clouds show up. Currently the clouds at the particle level are more dense that what appears from orbit. Basically from orbit the area will look clear but when I zoom in clouds with appear. Can you control at what alpha level clouds in the 2D layer is needed to make volumetric clouds appear at?

Woh.. did that method work with the old rve ground texture? Damn I didn't know this was possible. I don't suppose the stock textures/texture replacer allows for 2 or more texture levels, I have em' all ready and set for when we get eve terrain textures back :P

22 hours ago, evileye.x said:

I have a very strange and egoistic request...

Can we have EVE 7.4 compilied and working in 1.1.2 or it's very hard/impossible/ too frustrating to make? 

just wondering why?

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

just wondering why?

Because my config for 7.4 (slightly modified Better Atmospheres) has very good look with thick multilayer volumetric clouds, auroras, mun shine and minmus clouds. I use it in conjunction with scatterer in 1.0.5 and it has very descent perfomance.

Better Atmospheres especially cool when you fly Kerbin through the clouds on hypersonic jet.  

Unfortunately with new EVE I cannot get the same result. Perfomance is worse with multiple volumetric layers. Munshine is not supported, etc. 

I can share it if you would like to try it out in 1.0.5 and check for yourself. 

Or you may share your new EVE configs with me. 

I'm sucker for nice kerbin view from orbit and volumetric clouds during ascent :). 

That's why I'm still on 1.0.5 64bit. 

Better Atmo V5 on 1.0.5 wo Scatterer https://imgur.com/a/KfaRe

Hello!

Thank you very much for this very beautiful mod! Unfortunately, it does not work at all on my system and i was hoping, maybe you could help me figure out why?

Problem is simply that i don't see anything changing, no clouds, no citylights, etc.

I tried with ckan and without ckan, every try i deleted boulderco and the eve folder...

Here a screenshot of my game data folder so that you can see the mods i have installed,

http://aldoraine69.imgur.com/all/

i hope it is ok to put it in like this?

Can i email you the output_log.txt?

I searched for an answer pretty much everywhere but with no result.

If you could help me i would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Greymalone

PS: I am running KSP Version 1.1.2.1260

Edited by Greymalone
pic and version info

On 2016-06-14 at 0:54 AM, evileye.x said:

I have a very strange and egoistic request...

Can we have EVE 7.4 compilied and working in 1.1.2 or it's very hard/impossible/ too frustrating to make? 

@rbray89 will have to comment to be sure, but I think it would be a massive amount of work from what I remember and checking the version release dates of EVE and those for KSP.

The current EVE versions from 1.0.5-1 on are a complete redevelopment of EVE (called Overhaul), done by rbray89 over a year or more, at least from mid 2014 to 2015 November.  It replaced the older EVE 7-4 version as the main release on 2015 Nov 9 at the same time as KSP 1.0.5 came out.

The changes from KSP 1.0.5 to KSP 1.1, which included changing from Unity 4 to 5, required a lot of work to port all but the simplest mods (several mods for KSP 1.0.x have yet to be upgraded).  The current EVE code was ported to KSP 1.1, but as far as I know, nothing was done on the older EVE 7-4.  And that was originally coded during the tenure of KSP versions 0.23 to 0.25 with Unity 4 and I believe only minimal work was done after that point.  Getting EVE 7-4 to work under KSP 1.1.2+ and Unity 5 would definitely be significant work.

Edited by Jacke

21 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Getting EVE 7-4 to work under KSP 1.1.2+ and Unity 5 would definitely be significant work.

So, nothing like quick and dirty rebuild for current version is possible? I respect all the work @rbray89 putting in this wonderful mod, but...

Better Atmo v5 w Scatterer

I like all new features in new EVE, but performance hit caused by volumetric clouds makes impossible to use of several layers. Without several layers we cannot have somewhat breathtaking atmospheric flight through the clouds. And I have pretty descent machine - i5 3570 @ 4400MHz + Radeon 7950 (overclocked by 20% as well).

May be I don't understand something and there's option to improve performance without losing visual fidelity, I don't know... 

Edited by evileye.x

2 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

So, nothing like quick and dirty rebild for current version is possible? I respect all the work @rbray89 putting in this wonderful mod, but...

As I said above, @rbray89 will have to say, but no other major mod like EVE was ported from KSP 1.0.5 / Unity 4 to KSP 1.1+ / Unity 5 by a quick-and-dirty rebuild.

On June 13, 2016 at 8:41 AM, pingopete said:

Woh.. did that method work with the old rve ground texture? Damn I didn't know this was possible. I don't suppose the stock textures/texture replacer allows for 2 or more texture levels, I have em' all ready and set for when we get eve terrain textures back :P

Yep Kopernicus can use the RVE textures. Feel free to grab my settings from the 10xKerbol mod. As I posted the city textures have trouble blending with the terrain texture tho. The steep setting need more work but it looks better than the default. As for multiple texture levels I have no idea. Something worth trying :-)

Hello, I'm trying to build a Eve config for New Horizon. I'm using the GUI for planets without issues at all, but everytime I try to put clouds on a gas giant those never appears and the game is stuck at the Space Center when I come back/reload, with none of the buildings clickable. Can someone please help me?

Try adding a PQS deactivate distance into the configs for the gas giants, either through the GUI or by the following code:

PQS_MANAGER
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = *body name*
		deactivateDistance = 175000
	}
}

Edited by Poodmund

33 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Try adding a PQS deactivate distance into the configs for the gas giants, either through the GUI or by the following code:

PQS_MANAGER
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = *body name*
		deactivateDistance = 175000
	}
}

Thanks, it fixed it! I'm using some of your OPM texture, they're really beautiful!

screenshot0.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

I don't know how to describe this glitch
Screenshot shown is a clean KSP1.1.2 install with no other mods except EVE's 2016-May-13 release. It is 64bit.

This issue doesn't exist if I run the x86 exe.
This issue doesn't exist if I remove the EVE mod and run the x64 version.

Can anyone give me a hint? I can't search because I don't even know how to name it.

the only thing i get is this KSP 1.1 beta solved issue.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/7802

---

update:
the glitch is 'solved' by deleting the "Compiled-CloudShadow.shader" file. and there will be no cloud whatsoever.

is EVE not supporting 64bit?

Edited by monocotz

After a lot of blind messing with settings some things I could not figure out.  

Is there way to fade out cloud layer at horizon(there lot of fade option but I still could not figure out what it doing )?

Is there some  way to make clouds be brighter (be bright longer when sun is low, everything is still bright enough but clouds is already pitch black)

I see shadows in atmosphere (and it's cool) but didn't see them from orbit(and on water) - i just didn't see them, they don not work for scaled space or this is scatterer fault? And if they do not work is there way to make cloud layer only visible from far above (to make old way dark copy fake shadow)

Edited by Pol
spelling

@rbray89 If there is a way to disable volumetric clouds, how would one do this? In the previous versions I used up until 1.1.x all we had to do was change one line in the config from true, to false. If there isn't anyway to disable volumetric clouds to a flatter version of themselves, much like older releases, would there be any way this could be implemented?

It's been a while since I played and put in this mod, isn't there a way to edit the cloud amounts, color and etc in game. Wasn't that a thing before, instead of going in the config and changing stuff. 

Does anyone have a config that adds in more clouds to Kerbin and the red clouds back to Duna? I did the original work on the Duna clouds when this mod first came out and I am kind of sad they are gone and replaced by white clouds.

If not I may try to go in and create my own config to be used. Just want to know if I have to manually do or is there a option in game to edit stuff with this mod, like before.

Thanks!