[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

2 hours ago, howtoodo said:

ksp 1.1 makes no sense to me in 1.0.5 i could run this mod over 60fps now in 1.1.3 with a better game engine it runs at 9fps and on Eve it runs at 1fps how does that make any sense :huh: also i had loads of mods in 1.0.5 now in 1.1.3 if i use no other mods with just the stockvisual and the enviro visual (deleted scatter and distant object) if im lucky i can get 13fps;.; (used the normal one for 1.0.5 and the low res for 1.1.3)

A key part of the SVE mod is that you delete the BoulerCo folder from your Gamedata. It's possible that could be the source of the problem.

2 hours ago, Andem said:

A key part of the SVE mod is that you delete the BoulerCo folder from your Gamedata. It's possible that could be the source of the problem.

There isn't a boulder Co folder in SVE though. 

Edited by Galileo

8 minutes ago, Andem said:

I mean from default EVE.

Well yeah but SVE already comes with it removed. Not Installing eve separately is something I try to make clear in my thread so hopefully people see that

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Well yeah but SVE already comes with it removed. Not Installing eve separately is something I try to make clear in my thread so hopefully people see that

Ah. Ok.

So, i haven't messed with EVE seriously since... 0.90 or early 1.0 i think, and since then, things have obviously been completely redone with this mod and i have fallen out of the loop. What im curious about, is if old cloud textures and whatnot still work?

For example: Better Atmospheres, the plugins/configs for that pack are completely broken, but i'm curious if i drop the cloud texturescand such from Better Atmospheres' old "GameData\BoulderCo\Clouds\Textures\" folder into EVE's GameData\BoulderCo\Atmosphere\Textures file without renaming them or whatever if they will still work to some extent?

If not, is there a reasonably straight-forward method to using old packs? i'm not to keen on only using 2K textures, and i'd prefer some of the higher res options that texture packs provide. I'd test myself, but my GPU died last week, and i'm waiting on my refund for a replacement :/

18 minutes ago, StickyScissors said:

So, i haven't messed with EVE seriously since... 0.90 or early 1.0 i think, and since then, things have obviously been completely redone with this mod and i have fallen out of the loop.

I would highly suggest using Stock Visual Enhancements.  It uses the EVE plugins and shaders but provides its own config.  It comes packaged with EVE and Scatterer, so you just have 1 download.  There are 3 resolution versions so you should be able to find one that works for you.

Edited by Jacke

11 minutes ago, Jacke said:

I would highly suggest using Stock Visual Enhancements.  It uses the EVE plugins and shaders but provides its own config.  It comes packaged with EVE and Scatterer, so you just have 1 download.  There are 3 resolution versions so you should be able to find one that works for you.

And it's the best visual enhancement mod out there :)  tooting my own horn a little 

In case no one was aware but might care, EVE isn't being listed in CKAN currently because the version available to the repository says it's only compatible with 1.1.2.

I found this out tracking down some other issues, and noticed EVE wasn't in my list. When I posted in the CKAN thread, the response got was:

Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus! and EVE are not showing up in the compatible list for 1.1.3 because neither have been released for 1.1.3.

Just now, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

when will this ever be available for 1.1.3??

Probably.  I'd say for sure before Christmas 2019. Until then, use it because it works perfectly. 

There's an old saying.  If it ain't broke don't fix it. There has been no reason for an update. 

36 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Probably.  I'd say for sure before Christmas 2019. Until then, use it because it works perfectly. 

There's an old saying.  If it ain't broke don't fix it. There has been no reason for an update. 

somehow, i can't get it to work. i am a newbie for mods tho

9 minutes ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

somehow, i can't get it to work. i am a newbie for mods tho

Ok,  how are you installing it? 

Did you install both files?  

Any CPU configs AND AnyCPU EVE

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

Ok,  how are you installing it? 

Did you install both files?  

Any CPU configs AND AnyCPU EVE

yes i did extract both files into the gamefolder in ksp 1.1.3

@Galileo also, the stock visual enhancement have a lot of bugs and makes my game laggy so i came here to find a better one

On 10/30/2013 at 0:39 AM, rbray89 said:

City Lights for Kerbin and Clouds for Any planet you wish! The config file can be modified to add any number of cloud layers to any planet.

Going forward, I will no longer even RESPOND to posts that don't have a good description, a screenshot (if applicable) and a log file. If you don't do this I know you haven't read this, and if you don't read this, I can't really spend the time to help you if you don't attempt to help me.

HOW TO GET HELP: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

FAQ:

• Is this where all the awesome cloud Reddit photos are from?
    Yes.
  • Does it confilict with Universe/Texture Replacer?
    No.
  • What if I only want lights or clouds?
    You can delete the folders you don't want in GameData/BoulderCo/
  • How do I install?
    Dump the contents of the two zip files into your KSP install folder. Make sure to delete any old GameData/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements or GameData/BoulderCo folder before install.
  • What do I do if I don't get clouds/lights?
    Probably installed incorrectly. Double check this first. If still nothing, go into KSP_Data and send me the output_log.txt file via pastebin, dropbox, or google docs so i can narrow down the issue. But PLEASE double check that everything was installed correctly first. (you should have BoulderCo and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folders in GameData)

Going forward, I will no longer even RESPOND to posts that don't have a good description, a screenshot (if applicable) and a log file. If you don't do this I know you haven't read this, and if you don't read this, I can't really spend the time to help you if you don't attempt to help me.

HOW TO GET HELP: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

1.1-1:
Bug fixes, Celestial Shadows. KSP 1.1!
1.05-4:
Main Menu clouds, Misc. Fixes, cubemap support, etc.
1.05-1: Reboot.
7-4: License update.
7-3:
Fixed RSS compatibility. I still recommend different configs.
7-2:
Fixes the config mechanism, adds better support for multiple config files.
7-1:
Completely re-did configs, much more accessible to modders.
Rename.
Added volumetrics.
6-8:
-2:
Fixed "fadeDist" config problem
Moved to new rendering mechanism, changed configs considerably. Slightly better performance.
6-7:
Moved to PNG, force mipmap generation.
6-6:
8K texture
Fixed texture seam.
6-4:
GUI fixes/improvements
6-3:
Added choice in shader/spheremapping (default is non-cubic). Back to normal memory usage.
6-2:
Memory fixes, Bump map fix.
6-0:
Completely re-did the sphere overlays and associated shaders. Textures are now applied via procedural uv inside shader. Main textures are converted to cubic textures and detail and bump are applied as tri-planar.
This means poles look perfect.
Altered config file format slightly to fit new texture method.
Main textures MUST now be 2nXn (width must be twice as long as height).
Removed test cloud generation from gui.
5-3:
Fixed loading bug for shader params
Improved volumetric cloud generation
5-2:
Fixed Cloud Save & load
Added More Load functionality to clouds
Compress textures at load to save an additional ~20MB
5-1:
Cloud Config now has entry for GUI hot-key
GUI has option for reset.
5:
GUI! Access it by ALT+N.
UV "Fix". Poles pinch, but it is better than the swirl.

Thanks to:

@5thHorseman for the lights texture

@CaptRobau for the kerbin cloud texture

@Lack for the config and additional textures for Eve, Duna, Laythe, and Jool

@Tw1 for the new city lights detail texture

@therealcrow999 for config updates

@NathanKell for Even MORE texture updates

@Majiir for overlay examples and hints.

@Waz for the UV perturbation code

Attempt:

Planetary Aurora

Planetary Rings!

Thick atmosphere/fog for locations like Jool

Procedural Cloud Cover

Possibly:

Actual Cities/Towns/Farms/Roads/etc.

Weather

Going forward, I will no longer even RESPOND to posts that don't have a good description, a screenshot (if applicable) and a log file. If you don't do this I know you haven't read this, and if you don't read this, I can't really spend the time to help you if you don't attempt to help me. You might think you don't have to post a log or maybe someone has already reported the issue. Doesn't matter. Still need the logs.

Download: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-2-1

This is done in my spare time, and any contribution helps!

btn_donate_LG.gif

Source:

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

License (MIT):

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/master/README.md

Does this mod work in RSS?

5 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Does this mod work in RSS?

You do not need to quote the entire OP. It's a bit ridiculous. You can just write a comment.  And no,  this doesn't work in RSS you need RVE 

20 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

thanks, can you link me it?

In the search bar type in RVE and you will find the thread.  You can go back a few pages and you will find how to's I don't have time to go find it for you.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2016 at 6:56 PM, kerbalresearch said:

Is there a way to increase the distance that volumetric clouds are rendered? Im loving the mod but my computer could handle more and i would like to take advantage of it if possible.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm looking to do the same. Answers to this question that preceded you apply to an older version of EVE

Anyone else know how to tweak the new settings to get this result?