[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

1 hour ago, Waz said:

@RangeMachine, can you put your sources and binaries up, so I can compare your port to mine? There's still a weird crash with mine, so hopefully we can get the best of both.

Yes, of course. I will upload it asap to GitHub. But don't forget, thats my port is old EVE.

Edited by RangeMachine

15 hours ago, Galileo said:

Yep,  like that 

Auroras certainly look better like that. I've made _MinLight lerp between current lighting and fully emissive. It was unused, but many configs, including SVE's have it at the default 0.5, which makes no sense. Did it ever do anything? (I never really used visual mods before KSP x64).

Still looking into performance.

On 20/9/2016 at 8:55 AM, Waz said:

Auroras certainly look better like that. I've made _MinLight lerp between current lighting and fully emissive. It was unused, but many configs, including SVE's have it at the default 0.5, which makes no sense. Did it ever do anything? (I never really used visual mods before KSP x64).

Still looking into performance.

I supose you are still working on it and uploading to that google drive you posted. downloaded it just now and used the latest official configs and it works.

I can't feel any performance loss but I'm not an expert, a common fly to orbit went smooth as hell, good work. :)

Just in case it helps you in something:

1.2-pre build 1520

ksp x64

windows 10

Edited by Elkram

I've installed Environmental Visual Enhancements along as part of Astronomer's Visual Pack. I start up the game, but I have no clouds or city lights.

I know I've installed correctly, because I followed the instructions and both the BoulderCo and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folders are in my GameData folder.

I will let you know I use the 64-bit version of KSP

Link to Google Drive (where the output_log.txt file can be found)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5E1epE2TJwQRk5WTDVFRjNOUjg?usp=sharing

Screenshot, by the way:

IA3agaW.png

List of mods I have installed:

B9 Aerospace

BDArmory

Firespitter (dependency for part packs)

Hangar Extender

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Konstructs (dependency for KerbinSide)

KerbinSide

Kerbal Inventory System

Kopernicus (dependency for planet packs)

Lack Luster Labs

Mech Jeb

Near Future Electric, Propulsion, Solar, Construction and Spacecraft

Outer Planets Mod

Planetary Base Inc.

PlanetShine

TextureReplacer

TweakScale

ModuleManager 2.6.5

1 hour ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

Problem I see City Lights On Gilly And On Duna I Don't Know If It's On Other Planets. Unless I installed it wrong If so please tell me the steps precisely.:(

This is a known bug with EVE.  No fix as of now.  

1 hour ago, SlowkingRocker said:

I've installed Environmental Visual Enhancements along as part of Astronomer's Visual Pack. I start up the game, but I have no clouds or city lights.

I know I've installed correctly, because I followed the instructions and both the BoulderCo and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folders are in my GameData folder.

I will let you know I use the 64-bit version of KSP

Link to Google Drive (where the output_log.txt file can be found)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5E1epE2TJwQRk5WTDVFRjNOUjg?usp=sharing

Screenshot, by the way:

IA3agaW.png

List of mods I have installed:

B9 Aerospace

BDArmory

Firespitter (dependency for part packs)

Hangar Extender

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Konstructs (dependency for KerbinSide)

KerbinSide

Kerbal Inventory System

Kopernicus (dependency for planet packs)

Lack Luster Labs

Mech Jeb

Near Future Electric, Propulsion, Solar, Construction and Spacecraft

Outer Planets Mod

Planetary Base Inc.

PlanetShine

TextureReplacer

TweakScale

ModuleManager 2.6.5

Astronomer's visual pack is not compatible with 1.1 or 1.1.3. The last version it worked with is 1.0.5

You can use SVE as a replacement 

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, SlowkingRocker said:

Delete the BoulderCo and EVE and try this updated version by @Matchlight.

@Waz I fixed the issue with cloud shadows displaying over clouds and atmosphere that I described here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip12-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00249-24092016-12-compatibility/&do=findComment&comment=2773471

I made a pull request to your repo.

For anyone who wants to grab fixed dlls: https://mega.nz/#!zVA2GYDR!f7wmlWos-Hjq1Wsv1m-Nv5whduKfGe-NYGHkLA94cG8

13 hours ago, cy4n said:

Delete the BoulderCo and EVE and try this updated version by @Matchlight.

There is some strangeness with this version. The textures that used are straight from astronomers mod and they don't work very well with the current EVE.  I appreciate someone trying to revive astronomers mod but if it is going to be done,  the cloud textures need to be optimized. I'm unsure if the dev of the current version is willing to do that. That being said,  don't let it stop you from trying it. This is just a heads up. 

Edited by Galileo

5 minutes ago, Syczek said:

Well i got strange red things flickering on Sarnus from OPM

Screenshots and logs would definitely help with troubleshooting. 

Are you using OPMVO?  

Edited by Galileo

36 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Screenshots and logs would definitely help with troubleshooting. 

Are you using OPMVO?  

I think u nail me to mod that i forgot to install to everything work in order.I didnt have installed opmvo.Now downloading and installing.

Edit thanks mister for pinpointing me to this mod.Now everything works in perfect order

Edited by Syczek

I've tried the latest testing versions of EVE for 1.2 and the latest testing version for scatterer for 1.2 I've found here in the boards. While both work alone, when combining them, I've get strange results in craft view at around 100km orbit.

When zooming out it becomes fine. Seems to have something to do with the post processing. Tried much options with scatterer and differene EVE configs (SVE) and different cloud heights up to 100km but it doesn't remove the glitches.

Not sure if it's more a EVE or a scatterer problem.
Anyone a idea or tested this already?

http://imgur.com/a/fVwbQ

M0orSBS.png

Edited by Jebs_SY

5 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

I've tried the latest testing versions of EVE for 1.2 and the latest testing version for scatterer for 1.2 I've found here in the boards. While both work alone, when combining them, I've get strange results in craft view at around 100km orbit.

When zooming out it becomes fine. Seems to have something to do with the post processing. Tried much options with scatterer and differene EVE configs (SVE) and different cloud heights up to 100km but it doesn't remove the glitches.

Not sure if it's more a EVE or a scatterer problem.
Anyone a idea or tested this already?

http://imgur.com/a/fVwbQ

M0orSBS.png

Hello Darkness is my friend XD its funny because thats what you feel when something doesnt work. No its not funny? Ok Bye hello darkness is my friieend D:

Edited by Program Kerbal Space

@Jebs_SY it is caused by the EVE cloud shadows in conjunction with Scatterer, if you change the "shadowFactor" parameter to read zero then this effect disappears. Probably something to do with the camera layers.

7 hours ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

Hello Darkness is my friend XD its funny because thats what you feel when something doesnt work. No its not funny? Ok Bye hello darkness is my friieend D:

Read this first:

And try not to be sarcastic next time. We are here to help each other.