[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I'm having an issue with the clouds on Duna. They look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/B44k915.png

http://i.imgur.com/394ydy1.png

I'm using the 2-15 aggressive texture compressor, and RSS, but I don't have problems on any other planets. I'm also using the latest version of this.

I used the GUI to reset it to default, thinking maybe something got messed up, and it fixed it, but now there are no clouds at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

Can you please post the expanded gui?

DfTeyAR.jpg
Javascript is disabled. View full album

---- Please, excuse my mistakes and weird expressions, my English is almost 100% self taught. ----

Pimp my Clouds texture pack

DOWNLOAD

UPDATED [01-23-2014] http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-0-23-Release-6-7-Visual-Enhancements-Clouds-City-Lights?p=923843&viewfull=1#post923843

OLD Version 0.1 https://mega.co.nz/#!55kCyJpL!dPkJXR3F-6tn6w5-VUMz60CGTMpkxdBkJ3Za2xpP5wY

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsable if you accidentally overwrite any of your previous personalized textures or settings!!
This pack overwrites cityLights.cfg and cloudLayers.cfg to use new default settings in kerbin.
IT's EXPERIMENTAL, so all this should be used aware of it.
For the best and most secure installation, put this pack on a clean installation of "Visual Enhancements: Clouds & City Lights" mod.
If you can't or you don't want to do it, please, do a backup of all your personalised textures and configs (if you have it) before use this.

INSTALLATION:
To install this pack, just merge the main folder from the rar with your mod installed folder "BoulderCo".

Regards and gratefulness:
Thanks to rbray89 (author of the mod which shows this textures) by make this possible.

One more time: This pack overwrites cityLights.cfg and cloudLayers.cfg to use new default settings in kerbin.

Edited by Proot

That is really weird. The setings look correct. I'll have to try and replicate it.

My only guess is that it has something to do with RSS, because in my non RSS install, I didn't have that problem. Is there a good way to optimize this for RSS in general, for all of the planets?

http://i.imgur.com/DfTeyAR.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/M99Ml

---- Please, excuse my mistakes and weird expressions, my English is almost 100% self taught. ----

Pimp my Clouds texture pack

DOWNLOAD

https://mega.co.nz/#!55kCyJpL!dPkJXR3F-6tn6w5-VUMz60CGTMpkxdBkJ3Za2xpP5wY

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsable if you accidentally overwrite any of your previous personalized textures or settings!!
This pack overwrites cityLights.cfg and cloudLayers.cfg to use new default settings in kerbin.
For the best and most secure installation, put this pack on a clean installation of "Visual Enhancements: Clouds & City Lights" mod.
If you can't or you don't want to do it, please, do a backup of all your personalised textures and configs (if you have it) before use this.

INSTALLATION:
To install this pack, just merge the main folder from the rar with your mod installed folder "BoulderCo".

Regards and gratefulness:
Thanks to rbray89 (author of the mod which shows this textures) by make this possible.

One more time: This pack overwrites cityLights.cfg and cloudLayers.cfg to use new default settings in kerbin.

Gorgeous. Keep it up!

Hey all,

I am bringing this post over from reddit.

I have a non-steam KSP 0.23 for a 2013 MacBook running OSX Mavericks and I have not been able to get texture packs to work correctly. Specifically clouds on Kerbin and Laythe do not tile (here is an example of what Kerbin looks like). Is anyone else having this problem!? I've scoured the KSP Forums and the KSP related subreddits for a solution to no avail, so I have decided to post here.

I've installed the mods every which way from merging folders manually, to using the "cp -pRv" and "ditto" commands in Terminal. From what I can see, the city lights and change in surface textures DO work, it's just the clouds. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Mods:

rbray89's Clouds & City Lights (High Res)

Astronomer's HD Clouds Pack

Also attempted different combinations with the above and:

Shaw's Texture Replacer 0.18

Tingle's Universe Replacer

Papics' 8k NASA Blue Marble clouds for Kerbin v 1.01

Sorry if I incorrectly accredited mods. I have also tried texture reduction/compression packs as well as installing the above visual mods alone with no other mods to see if it was a case of running out of memory.

I have yet to try mushroomman's cloud pack

Thank you for all of your dedication in making these and everyone here, I hope I can fix this and enjoy them properly.

Hey all,

I am bringing this post over from reddit.

I have a non-steam KSP 0.23 for a 2013 MacBook running OSX Mavericks and I have not been able to get texture packs to work correctly. Specifically clouds on Kerbin and Laythe do not tile (here is an example of what Kerbin looks like). Is anyone else having this problem!? I've scoured the KSP Forums and the KSP related subreddits for a solution to no avail, so I have decided to post here.

I've installed the mods every which way from merging folders manually, to using the "cp -pRv" and "ditto" commands in Terminal. From what I can see, the city lights and change in surface textures DO work, it's just the clouds. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Mods:

rbray89's Clouds & City Lights (High Res)

Astronomer's HD Clouds Pack

Also attempted different combinations with the above and:

Shaw's Texture Replacer 0.18

Tingle's Universe Replacer

Papics' 8k NASA Blue Marble clouds for Kerbin v 1.01

Sorry if I incorrectly accredited mods. I have also tried texture reduction/compression packs as well as installing the above visual mods alone with no other mods to see if it was a case of running out of memory.

I have yet to try mushroomman's cloud pack

Thank you for all of your dedication in making these and everyone here, I hope I can fix this and enjoy them properly.

Errmm... Hmm... City lights works, but the clouds don't? Usually when something like this occurs, I recommend trying to remove all traces of the plugin and perform a clean install. The folder tree should be something like: KSP_mac/GameData/BoulderCo/...

I have a non-steam KSP 0.23 for a 2013 MacBook running OSX Mavericks and I have not been able to get texture packs to work correctly. Specifically clouds on Kerbin and Laythe do not tile....

Are you using the high-res or the low-res cloud textures? This is the exact issue I reported when the high-res cloud textures were first included in the mod. Same setup, with a slightly older Mac.

Issue "resolved" when I reduced the cloud texture from 8k to 4k. Had the same issue with textures in UniverseReplacer, so it appears to be more of a Unity thing than an issue with any specific mod.

All of a sudden this mod seems to be causing me crashes. Not memory crashes, it's on startup and scene changes. I have no idea when this happened or which one of my dozens of mods it could possibly be conflicting with. Does anyone have any possible ideas? It used to work just fine.

All of a sudden this mod seems to be causing me crashes. Not memory crashes, it's on startup and scene changes. I have no idea when this happened or which one of my dozens of mods it could possibly be conflicting with. Does anyone have any possible ideas? It used to work just fine.

Do you have the log file?

It's clouds.... duh.

Oinker's Clouds (47MB)

Kerbin, Laythe, and Duna are pretty much dialed in. I gave a once over to the settings for Jool and Eve. I'm working on custom Jool clouds now but thought I'd put this out there. I'll edit this post and update the link as I complete the remaining planets. Matching planet textures are included for Kerbin, Duna, and Jool (file names for Texture Replacer)

Cut the "Clouds" folder from your installation and paste to a junk folder for backup. Copy this "Clouds" folder to the BoulderCo folder. Play KSP. You can adjust cloud bump to your taste by renaming the bump to 1, 2, or 3, and changing the scale using the Alt-N menu.

link to Oinker's Skybox

[EDIT: These clouds are in the old EVE format so the config file that goes with them is invalid. Also EVE no longer uses bump-maps (too bad). Use my Kerbin cloud file for sure. The Kerbin clouds are better than the others out there though because I took the NASA cloud tif and cleaned it up. I also hand-edited the seam so it doesn't look like somebody cut the clouds over the big ocean like the others.]

[MOST RECENT EDIT: Get the seam-removed 8K Kerbin clouds from my post in Texture Replacer along with other textures.

Edited by Oinker
changed link to dropbox; more recent clouds in newer post

It's clouds.... duh.

Oinker's Clouds (47MB)

http://ronwelch.net/images/Clouds_Earth_ISS.jpeg

Kerbin, Laythe, and Duna are pretty much dialed in. I gave a once over to the settings for Jool and Eve. I'm working on custom Jool clouds now but thought I'd put this out there. I'll edit this post and update the link as I complete the remaining planets. Matching planet textures are included for Kerbin, Duna, and Jool (file names for Texture Replacer)

Cut the "Clouds" folder from your installation and paste to a junk folder for backup. Copy this "Clouds" folder to the BoulderCo folder. Play KSP. You can adjust cloud bump to your taste by renaming the bump to 1, 2, or 3, and changing the scale using the Alt-N menu.

link to Oinker's Skybox

How about posting a picture how it looks ingame so we now whether to download or not

Hey Proot, do you have a rough idea of the Pimp My Clouds texture pack's memory usage? It looks fantastic, but I don't know if it'll drop my fps into the single digits.

Wait a bit! The experimental version is not optimized at all. Updated V0.5 version is coming very soon, optimized and much better! ;)

Tested the pqs dev version. Default settings. The kerbin clouds look nice except for the issue reported a few times before where the mountains come through the clouds someplaces. I had a quick look at duna and eve and eve looks ok but perhaps a bit oversaturated with clouds? Duna is the other way. I can see a slight shade difference when i turn the clouds on and off but they are really barely visible at best.