[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

What do I have to choose from in terms of city lights? How many variations have people posted? Ive used both Proot's and Rbray's lights. I think I gotta say I like Rbrays "stock" city lights better. So is there something similar with a higher resolution maybe? I have some memory to play with and id like to treat myself to some nice textures. Already running an 8k Kerbin texture and Proot's 8k clouds. Looks amazing.

The only other lights I know of, is the Earthlights. They however are for RSS, and are also Earth lights, not Kerbin lights.

The only other lights I know of, is the Earthlights. They however are for RSS, and are also Earth lights, not Kerbin lights.

You can also substitute the detail texture to give it a different style as well.

You can also substitute the detail texture to give it a different style as well.

I also have an 8k version of the one in the game. Looks better but it's 3 meg and a png to boot. Download this, delete GameData\BoulderCo\CityLights\Textures\main.tga, and put this down as main.png in the same directory.

main_8k.png

I also have an 8k version of the one in the game. Looks better but it's 3 meg and a png to boot. Download this, delete GameData\BoulderCo\CityLights\Textures\main.tga, and put this down as main.png in the same directory.

main_8k.png

And that's a higher res version of rbrays? I cant tell if that's Earth or Kerbin.

Also.. I noticed that as my rockets ascend I see the city lights float slightly above the surface. And on top of that they seem to be showing through mountains. A fix mayhaps?

And that's a higher res version of rbrays? I cant tell if that's Earth or Kerbin.

Also.. I noticed that as my rockets ascend I see the city lights float slightly above the surface. And on top of that they seem to be showing through mountains. A fix mayhaps?

It's Kerbin. I took a few pics of orbiting with that in as my city lights file. Here's probably the best to show it off. If you look close you can see the (unlit) KSC peninsula near the center.

over_ksc.jpg

Ohh that does look nice. But I gotta say.. I love the fact that rbrays lights have what appears to be roads. Ill give that a try though thanks.

This one has roads too. The forum compresses the screenshot a bit so they're not as visible. Also, I think the road texture shrinks to fit the same number of pixels on this large texture, so there's actually more detail down there if you look closely. Try right clicking the image and "open in a new tab" to see full resolution.

(Also, they're actually the same texture. I made the original city lights texture and rbray decided to make it a smaller resolution. While I understand his decision I still think the original looks better :) )

If someone wants some 8k light texture I made this:

http://imgur.com/a/LPY7d

Though the source file I used to make it, a 49k texture would be its max detail. I also redid the detail texture. If I could make the texture 8k tiles I could pull it off. Can the plugin support that?

Edited by VDNKh

Hello, I just installed this mod and for some reason the clouds don't show up at all. I can see the mod load as I boot up KSP and once I actually get into the game I don't see any difference. Does anyone else have this issue? Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

For some reason, whenever I have this mod installed, the game will freeze once it loads RemoteTech 2, KSP Interstellar, or SmokeScreen. It doesn't produce a crash report, it simply hangs. If I take out all three of the others or this mod, it will load fine.

Current mods installed:

Toolbar

Alternis Kerbol

Deadly Reentry

FAR

Mechjeb

HotRockets

RealChute

RemoteTech 2

TAC Life Support

KSP Interstellar

and their dependencies (ModuleManager 1.5.7, SmokeScreen, OpenResourceSystem, and TreeLoader)

For some reason, whenever I have this mod installed, the game will freeze once it loads RemoteTech 2, KSP Interstellar, or SmokeScreen. It doesn't produce a crash report, it simply hangs. If I take out all three of the others or this mod, it will load fine.

Current mods installed:

Toolbar

Alternis Kerbol

Deadly Reentry

FAR

Mechjeb

HotRockets

RealChute

RemoteTech 2

TAC Life Support

KSP Interstellar

and their dependencies (ModuleManager 1.5.7, SmokeScreen, OpenResourceSystem, and TreeLoader)

What mechjeb you have 1 of the Dev ? when, I used the dev mechjeb 198, I think it is, It using 10 % more ram then like 178 or 157 think was some good 1's but more then likely you are hitting the memory limit.

kataliaan try removing the files it gets stuck on(just out to desktop till u finish loading) then ones u get to the start menu finaly reput the files back and try to start it. that fixes the hang issue for some people but not all.

it tends to do that with me when i experment ingame with layers. beyond that it should work fine exploding. if they dont show up but textures installed u should get a error message in ksp.log to see whats wrong.

btw the volume test and the normal release .dll are way differnt in size is it fine to use the volume release in place of the 6-7 since its smaller? trying to cut my ram usage down here.

Edited by sidfu

Not much of a problem, maybe I just need to play more with the settings, but...my clouds look sort of low-res:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tny81nd5kyev5ol/Screenshot%202014-03-14%2008.37.47.png

These are my settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvrquryepgjax25/Screenshot%202014-03-15%2022.28.17.png

Copied by another user.

Try a texture pack. I highly recommend Proot's.

Current mods installed:

Toolbar

Alternis Kerbol

Deadly Reentry

FAR

Mechjeb

HotRockets

RealChute

RemoteTech 2

TAC Life Support

KSP Interstellar

You are VERY likely hitting the memory limit. Try my texture management mod to slim you memory usage.

You are VERY likely hitting the memory limit. Try my texture management mod to slim you memory usage.

When I tried that, it sat for a half hour without doing anything - I kept an eye on the memory usage, processor usage, and thread count while it was running, and none of them changed.

Try a texture pack. I highly recommend Proot's.

I am using the Astronomer's pack, as suggested in your op. I was under the impression it uses 8k textures and that they shouldn't get so low-quality when compressed by the standard version of your texture compression mod.

I am using the Astronomer's pack, as suggested in your op. I was under the impression it uses 8k textures and that they shouldn't get so low-quality when compressed by the standard version of your texture compression mod.

Hmmm... Do you have texture settings set to a lower value in your KSP settings?

When I tried that, it sat for a half hour without doing anything - I kept an eye on the memory usage, processor usage, and thread count while it was running, and none of them changed.

Keep waiting. The longer it takes the more you needed it. After that first time load times will go back to (roughly) normal.

Start the game and go watch TV. Pretend you're sending an ion probe to Eeloo. :D

Keep waiting. The longer it takes the more you needed it. After that first time load times will go back to (roughly) normal.

Start the game and go watch TV. Pretend you're sending an ion probe to Eeloo. :D

I'll let it run while I'm at work tonight. If 5 hours doesn't do it, nothing will.