[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

rbray: you're welcome to grab the AtmosphereFromGround code in RSS if you like.

Also, one thing about cloud speed / position. Might there be some way (or do you already do this?) to save the position of the cloud layers to persistence? It's weird to warp until you get clear skies, save, then when you launch KSP again it's back to cloudy.

Thanks! I'll take a look once I'm done with all the stuff that is already on my plate :)

Ah... hmmm... I'll have to figure that one out. Might be an easy way to do it simply using the game time. I've also been thinking about RSS, and making speed no longer angular, but based off of kph.

Ah... hmmm... I'll have to figure that one out. Might be an easy way to do it simply using the game time. I've also been thinking about RSS, and making speed no longer angular, but based off of kph.

Of course--that makes total sense, and is much easier to implement. Actually you could do it exactly like how KSP handles CB rotation: assign an initial rotation and a rotation period, and determine rotation by initial + UT % period. You could store rotation rate in kph (or m/s, probably better since everything's in m/s) and then convert to period ingame based on CB.radius + altitude.

Of course--that makes total sense, and is much easier to implement. Actually you could do it exactly like how KSP handles CB rotation: assign an initial rotation and a rotation period, and determine rotation by initial + UT % period. You could store rotation rate in kph (or m/s, probably better since everything's in m/s) and then convert to period ingame based on CB.radius + altitude.

right now it is REALLy simple, just use Transform.Rotate() to rotate every update :). Do you know if there is an accumulated time for KSP somewhere?

Only on some planets? Was it a re-size or add? Only in map-view? I need all the info you can provide.

Only on Gilly, Vall, Bop, and Pol.

It's a new layer. It's like the altitudes are all messed up. You can see on the first one(gilly), I've set the altitude to 1, but it's way higher than that. it's also only from space.

Only on Gilly, Vall, Bop, and Pol.

It's a new layer. It's like the altitudes are all messed up. You can see on the first one(gilly), I've set the altitude to 1, but it's way higher than that. it's also only from space.

I can confirm this. I thought this was known.

This is due to the HUGE sphere and the layer being an approximation of one. The "dips" are very large.

Could you create a version for RSS users with some added vertices to smooth it out, I too have noticed some large pyramids in my cloud layers