Serenity

El_Gato_Bandito

Wow, she's looking good! I suspect stability will be a problem (as others have mentioned), since the engines are a little low of the intuitive center of mass on the ship in the show. You might have to wind up adding mass in the cargo hold to offset that.

I was thinking about the trouble others said they had while rotating the engines forward, if you pitch the nose up at the same time I think that will alleviate some of that.

As for this last time "leaf on the wind" was used, I know not of what you speak. That's not cannon, that never happened. He got better, the transmission actually meant something to the people at large, and the browncoats win in the end. (And they all lived happily ever after) That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

This is looking awesome :D

I suspect you may run into some issues with structural strength overall -- any hollow sections should be cross-beamed with struts if you haven't already, and large spaces like the hold should be strutted along the interior walls (again, if you haven't already, it's hard to tell).

Also, I don't know if you've yet noticed, but you've misspelled Serenity ​in the craft name field :)

I'm going to use the Sabre M engine from the KW rocketry mod. I am working on how to get the sabre M to work in both atmo and non atmo.

Update on me:

Redbull supplies... gone.

Food.... a few oreos left.

I currently have 3 computers with 4 screens working (Building serenity, Watching Firefly, Forum and general life stuff)

Serenity should be semi flyable by tonight

What about a warp drive for the rear drive? Does anybody know how to do that?

warp would be a bad idea, the firefly drive in the show was a plasma pulse engine, providing massive thrust in one burst.

EDIT:

Also, guys, the show takes place across an entire galaxy, not one planetary system.

In the show the firefly drive allowed for a few weeks to a couple of months of travel between stars. (of course there were better modes of propulsion, but those were all owned by the alliance.)

Edited by Galacticruler

warp would be a bad idea, the firefly drive in the show was a plasma pulse engine, providing massive thrust in one burst.

Hmmm.... lets see how i can get THAT to work. Thanks for the info, I've been trying to figure this out. I may just get a massively powerful engine (Modded) and just provide thrust with bursts.

Welll... I had the frame of engine compartment and enough thermoelectric generators to create roughly 2000 electric/min then ksp crashed and I lost the engine compartment.

Also, guys, the show takes place across an entire galaxy, not one planetary system.

In the show the firefly drive allowed for a few weeks to a couple of months of travel between stars.

No, it simply took that long to travel between planets. I'd like to see a canonical source that contradicts the intro of every episode:

"After the Earth was used up, we found a new solar system and hundreds of new Earths were terraformed and colonized. The central planets formed the Alliance and decided all the planets had to join under their rule.
"Here's how it is: (The) Earth got used up, so we (moved out, and) terraformed a whole new galaxy of Earths, some rich and flush with new technologies, some not so much. (The) Central Planets, them as formed the Alliance, waged war to bring everyone under their rule

There's no need for it to be a "warp" drive as it's only travelling within a star cluster of four main-sequence stars orbiting a central star.

As far as KSP goes, you have just one planetary system to fly in. Doesn't really matter what you call the drive.

alright guys. I had the engine compartment done when it crashed. I tried to work on it, but repetition for me is irratating and I didn't want to do it again today. I tried to recreate the XB-70 and managed to create a craft that spins out of control at 1200 m/s and snaps into about 5 pieces when it does that... I was irritated at KSP and took a break. So, as we speak, I have a single large piece added to the Serenity and it is not worth discussing at the moment.

I will get more done at a later date.

On the welder. It keeps rearranging the parts. It makes me mad. I quit using it.

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.