[1.1.x] Space Shuttle Engines (2016-07-03)

sarbian

Which parts of the pack do you use?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which parts of the pack do you use?

• X2 Engine
    • BB engines
    • Aerospike
    • Attachment points
    • Auto Stagers
    • Fuel Controllers
    • Radio Controller
    • Tank System
    • OMS system

Great mod, I am really enjoying this one. My main version of KSP is using RealFuels and FAR... Is this currently compatible? and if not,,,,,, has anyone created the .cfg files or have any templates and ideas that I could try to use to build compatiblity.

Sorry if this has been covered in the previous pages, I scanned and searched, but only found same question(s) and no definitive answer.

thanks in advance. and again, great mod....

And, @acc, man great looking ship. is that craft file available for us mere mortals who are stumbling about building shuttle variants ??????

DrTedAstro

I don't use real fuels but I rememer someone mentioning that it was compatible. Why don't you give it a try and report back?

A guy on IRC said my problem with the Altimeter triggering an action group to decouple some pFairings causing them to just detach instead of jettison with force indicated that this was a known bug with klockheed? (and how does it happen anyway, shouldn't it mimic hitting the action group key and thus have exactly the same result as doing it youself?).

And, @acc, man great looking ship. is that craft file available for us mere mortals who are stumbling about building shuttle variants ??????

The entire shuttle not yet, but i release it in my Space Shuttle Tutorials. I've just finished the first tutorial/module, the propulsion module (subassembly craft included)

O.O how did you get the engines not to clip like that!

also where are those wings from?

You also check my Space Shuttle Tutorials for the propulsion module :)

The wings and control surfaces are from Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.7 and painted with KerbPaint.

I'll change the alignment in the next update.

Great, thanks ;)

Edited by acc

Btw would a conditional staging part that stages/triggers action groups when your Ap/Pe falls/rises above a set number be possible? (Similar to the current altimeter, but checks Ap/Pe) Would be very useful for stuff like keeping space clean by ditching your nearly spent current stage before you hit 25km Pe

Btw would a conditional staging part that stages/triggers action groups when your Ap/Pe falls/rises above a set number be possible? (Similar to the current altimeter, but checks Ap/Pe) Would be very useful for stuff like keeping space clean by ditching your nearly spent current stage before you hit 25km Pe

oh yes, this would be a great new feature. great idea.

I would really like to see a detector which triggers depending on the (surface/orbital) velocity. I want to prevent that my antenna rips of during reentry without modifing that the antenna can rip of (I'm using RemoteTech). So my current idea would be to retract the antenna manually, let the parachute deploy when the craft is slow enough and then let the antenna extend when the craft is slow enough for that. Maybe the craft is already slow enough to extend the antenna prior to activating the parachute. But this would still require such trigger.

Fabian

There's also the TiberDyne Shuttle Booster System.

TiberDyne has four shuttle two Buran-style shuttles, one with jet engines and one without, and two Shuttle-style shuttles, one with jets and one without.

Bobcat's Historical Spacecraft Soviet Pack has, among other things, an Energia-Buran, in 64 % scale.

Component Space Shutle has the actual STS, in 64 % of the real size.

The Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System, or Kerbin Mini Shuttle, is a small shuttle (very small compared to the others) that has room for seven kerbals, and a litlle cargo. Its cargo capacity is very small compared to the other shuttles, though, both in weight and in size.

Great mod, I am really enjoying this one. My main version of KSP is using RealFuels and FAR... Is this currently compatible? and if not,,,,,, has anyone created the .cfg files or have any templates and ideas that I could try to use to build compatiblity.

Sorry if this has been covered in the previous pages, I scanned and searched, but only found same question(s) and no definitive answer.

thanks in advance. and again, great mod....

Is there any word on a Real Fuels compatibility addition?

A quick glance reveals all but the most recent (and best looking) engines are Real Fuels compatible. It shouldn't be difficult to copy and paste the stats for that one engine.

This shuttle building pack has two big advantages over all the other shuttle based mods. By my testing to date it provides (a) the most creative design freedom and (B) by virtue of B9's great FAR support, the best compatibility with Ferram Aerospace Research. FAR is now an essential part of my game.

So, I highly recommend these parts and say keep up the great work! :).

The Kerbin Mini Shuttle (or KSO) is perhaps the most beautiful shuttle mod available but with FAR and DRE installed it was simply one gorgeous little death trap. Sure it can be landed with a suicide 180 m/s approach profile; 1 time in 10. FAR reveals the truth about the KSO, if you built it in RL, with those tiny wings for that mass, then it would fly as a lifting body, well... worse than a brick.

I got a problem with the altimeter and procedural fairings. When I use a hotkey to trigger an action group to eject the fairings, they work fine. When the altimeter trigger that they disconnect from the ship but aren't ejected, they stay near the rocket. Anybody knows what is this?

I got a problem with the altimeter and procedural fairings. When I use a hotkey to trigger an action group to eject the fairings, they work fine. When the altimeter trigger that they disconnect from the ship but aren't ejected, they stay near the rocket. Anybody knows what is this?

Hey Fellipe. This is a known issue. It's caused by the new altimeter firing action groups or stages from "OnFixedUpdate" rather than "OnUpdate". When I created the new altimeter logic I didn't think it would matter where events were fired from. I was wrong. :confused:

Anyway, I developed a fix for it, which is going to be in the next release along with the a fix for the empty stage bug.

In the meantime, I put up a hotfix .dll in this post. Hotfix

Try that and see if it fixes your issue.

A new update is out:

V1.2.1 Small fixes

* Reduced memory footprint by deleting unused textures

* Smart parts update

* Rotated SSME engine to match positive x axis

* Added +5 degree pitch option to action groups

A new update is out:

V1.2.1 Small fixes

* Reduced memory footprint by deleting unused textures

* Smart parts update

* Rotated SSME engine to match positive x axis

* Added +5 degree pitch option to action groups

Really appreciate your hard work, dtobi! This mod is awesome! :)

"Smart parts update" Means what exactly?

changelog for the smart parts are in its own thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64227-0-23-16-Mar-Smart-Parts-V0-5-NEW-Improved-parts-and-new-valve?p=1025476#post1025476

Firov has been working hard on this uodate:

V0.5 Improved parts and bugfixes

* Fixed bug that resulted in a lack of physics on parts ejected by altimeter

* Fixed bug that created an empty stage whenever staging was activated by a SmartPart

* Fuel valve now generates minimal amount of thrust and can be staged

* Timer timescales adjusted. Added 0-30 seconds in .2 second increments and .5 to 60 minutes in .5 minute increments

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.