[1.1.x] Space Shuttle Engines (2016-07-03)

sarbian

Which parts of the pack do you use?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which parts of the pack do you use?

• X2 Engine
    • BB engines
    • Aerospike
    • Attachment points
    • Auto Stagers
    • Fuel Controllers
    • Radio Controller
    • Tank System
    • OMS system

Hello dtobi, I'm working on the Rocket "Energia", and would like to ask you how to tune the engine using your plugin, I need to do something similar to the engines 'Energia', but I do not know how. I'd be very grateful if you help me.

The staright SSME runs now well. If I disable roll and gimbal on clusters it's even fine with MJ :)
Thanks a lot. I love seeing my parts in action. This makes me quite happy. Edited by dtobi

Hello dtobi, I'm working on the Rocket "Energia", and would like to ask you how to tune the engine using your plugin, I need to do something similar to the engines 'Energia', but I do not know how. I'd be very grateful if you help me.

I'll help if I can, of course. Do you have a specific question. You can also send me a link to what you have right now and I can add the plugin configuration.

Another bug with the SSME: If I disable roll in VAB, save and load the ship again, the roll is enabled.

Is it all in the VAB? This roll thing is becoming an annoyance, I fear.

Hi !

First thing Big thank for the Mod (Big user of these lovely orange tank and controller too).

I've noticed a bug (not sure) concerning The valve Part, (there are two now).

The valve (tested the two version) don't dump the tank it is attached !

(I have many mod perhaps à conflict ? with other mod.)

@+

(tested on fresh install without mod, same thing.)

Edited by stephm

Yep.

VAB -> build -> disable roll -> save -> load -> roll enabled again

Should be fixed now.

- - - Updated - - -

V1.4.2 KM_Gimbal Fixes and Improvements

* Fixed an issue that the gimbaling would go the wrong way with multiple pods (at least one reverted) on the same rocket

* Added gimbal constraint to reduce max gimbaling (if things shake too much)

Pleaqse update KM gimbal in your mod if you redistribute it!

It would be nice if the KM_Gimbal could read out the stock gimbal range parameter if yaw and pitch range aren't supplied. I want to use them as replacement (replacing them via MM) for stock gimbals to get roll authority but it defaults to 1° so not really that useful then.

Edit: after some testing the next problem would be MJ compatibility so it doesn't matter that much. Though it's certainly easier to change the base class from PartModule to ModuleGimbal.

Edited by BloodyRain2k

I got a weird issue with KM gimbals, if you have a single engine and don't disable roll it tries all kinds of weird angles when you try to roll, usually resulting in yaw instead of roll.

Yes I know disabling roll fixes it but I don't get why a single engine in-line with CoM is trying to roll by yawing in the first place.

I got a weird issue with KM gimbals, if you have a single engine and don't disable roll it tries all kinds of weird angles when you try to roll, usually resulting in yaw instead of roll.

Yes I know disabling roll fixes it but I don't get why a single engine in-line with CoM is trying to roll by yawing in the first place.

Because due to the way how things work it will NEVER be fully inline with the CoM and always a fraction of a millimeter off and that's enough to confuse it.

But you're right that it should use some kind of deadzone for these cases.

I don't know if it's a bug or it's an error on my part, but for me the fuel valves don't seem to be working. I've tried action groups, staging and doing it manually and the fuel just won't dump. Got the valve attached directly to the tank.

Also, the provided craft seem to have bugged pWings. I can't edit their thickness - they're stuck at 0, or 0.1 whatever it is - and I can't seem to get any lift out of them.

Edited by Rayder

I've had a weird issue. I have 3 FSX2 engines on my craft and when I change the gimbal(+1,-1) the engines don't do that together,one of them may go any extra increment or not go at all. and sometimes they do it all together,its very random.

Its basically rounding errors in C#. If your rocket turns, the engine moves a bit to the side, often. That changes its position relative to the center and it gimbals the other way around.

Hi !

First thing Big thank for the Mod (Big user of these lovely orange tank and controller too).

I've noticed a bug (not sure) concerning The valve Part, (there are two now).

The valve (tested the two version) don't dump the tank it is attached !

(I have many mod perhaps à conflict ? with other mod.)

@+

(tested on fresh install without mod, same thing.)

You're right. The valves seem to be broken right now. I will take care of it in the next update. Thanks for reporting the issue.

I don't know if it's a bug or it's an error on my part, but for me the fuel valves don't seem to be working. I've tried action groups, staging and doing it manually and the fuel just won't dump. Got the valve attached directly to the tank.

Also, the provided craft seem to have bugged pWings. I can't edit their thickness - they're stuck at 0, or 0.1 whatever it is - and I can't seem to get any lift out of them.

the fule valves are broken right now. I will fix this in the next update.

I've had a weird issue. I have 3 FSX2 engines on my craft and when I change the gimbal(+1,-1) the engines don't do that together,one of them may go any extra increment or not go at all. and sometimes they do it all together,its very random.

I tried to reproduce this but failed. Can you send me the craft file or show a picture (both would be best :-P ) so that I can try it out?

I tried to reproduce this but failed. Can you send me the craft file or show a picture (both would be best :-P ) so that I can try it out?

I tried to reproduce as well, its quite random. Make a craft with more than 2 engines and move it back and forth in the air and trim it at the same time,sometimes it doesn't trim equally. Other than that, I have no idea why.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.