[1.1.x] Space Shuttle Engines (2016-07-03)

sarbian

Which parts of the pack do you use?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which parts of the pack do you use?

• X2 Engine
    • BB engines
    • Aerospike
    • Attachment points
    • Auto Stagers
    • Fuel Controllers
    • Radio Controller
    • Tank System
    • OMS system

• 1 month later...

Hello

After sooo many hour spend digging in log's, reading config file i end delete 1 by 1 mod to find what cause what you will see in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUMKhK4LjyY & in end i found Modular Fuel Tanks (MFT) & Space Shuttle Engines (SSE) mod are not like each other at all or setting together it make part to brake aka that orange tank make funny thing. Now which mod it generate real problem heck i don't know & i not want to point finger to none, for that i will post this in both treath to let moder to see what is real issue

What do you see in movie i post is a bigger mod collection pack what it end in 13 mod pack, after i delete 1 by 1 mods, in a clean KSP version. In archive what i will attach there are 2 log A. Space Shuttle Engines only (SSEOnly) were all is fine & B. Space Shuttle Engines + Modular Fuel Tanks (SSE.MFT) were thing goo bad

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9RK2PFOUhe3MVRpSzZlRWVHeWM

cya & hope it will help to fix issue :)

Strong disagreement! I use these parts every day in a career mode game. Granted, I edited the engines to use hydrogen instead of liquid fuel, and raised the prices to emulate the stock shuttle engine... but they still look great and work perfectly well in 1.0.5.

33 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

Can anyone please tell me what KM Gimbal is and what it does? Thanks

IIRC it lets you manually set the gimbal, set start gimbal (i.e engine starting off at for example 10 degree tilt) and locking gimbal for pitch, roll and yaw. The latter being a very useful tool for vernier engines for launch vehicles such as Soyuz, Delta II and Delta III. There might be more uses for it though. Have not used it in ages.

Edited by liquidhype

It's too bad KM_gimbal doesn't have its own thread.
I would like to use KM_gimbal on vtol engine,but i have a problem.When i use

gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform

everything work as it should,but when i use

gimbalTransformName = engineRot

the engine is rotating,but in opposite direction.Is there any command line to be added,to be able reverse the gimbal?
I also noticed,engines need to be staged from "space bar" in order for KM_gimbal to work,If they're staged from action group KM_gimbal don't work.
video of the problem:http://sendvid.com/57gbmtzv

I'm using km_Gimbal 3.0 dev 15,thank you.

If the engineRot transform is not oriented in the same way it would do that. That s more a problem with the part model that with the gimbal code AFAIK.

The staging issue is a problem I can look at.

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

If the engineRot transform is not oriented in the same way it would do that. That s more a problem with the part model that with the gimbal code AFAIK.

I've inspected the model with this tool,and all transforms are oriented in same direction.

I don't want to bother you too much (there are other mechanisms "FSVTOLrotator") but i was really hoping,there is or could be something,to compensate if model is not 100% right.With KM_gimbal is possible to use ModuleAnimateGeneric (SPH,to see thrust transform) and fine tune gimbal when needed at same time,which is not possible with FS.

thank you,best regards

Edited by sebi.zzr

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having trouble putting the engines on the Mk3 engine mount?  I can do the top one fine, but the bottom two kind of clip into one another and when I click it makes the sound, but doesn't connect them.  The stock SSMEs work, but I'd rather use these since I can set the gimbal trim.  If I can't get this to work is there a way to add the gimbal stuff to the stock SSMEs?

On ‎23‎.‎2‎.‎2016 at 3:33 PM, Mykill Metal said:

Anyone else having trouble putting the engines on the Mk3 engine mount?  I can do the top one fine, but the bottom two kind of clip into one another and when I click it makes the sound, but doesn't connect them.  The stock SSMEs work, but I'd rather use these since I can set the gimbal trim.  If I can't get this to work is there a way to add the gimbal stuff to the stock SSMEs?

Don't try to put them on with symmetry,just put one by one while holding Alt key.
And you can add Km-Gimbal to any engine,you have to delete old gimbal module 

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleGimbal
	gimbalTransformName = Nozzle
	gimbalRange = 10.5
 	gimbalResponseSpeed = 8
 	useGimbalResponseSpeed = true
}

and replace it with KM-Gimbal.You can do this with MM patch:

@PART[SSME]:AFTER[Squad]
{   
-MODULE[ModuleGimbal]
 {
 }
MODULE
 {
  name = KM_Gimbal_3
  gimbalTransformName = Nozzle
  pitchGimbalRange = 10.5
  yawGimbalRange = 1
  enableRoll = true
  enableSmoothGimbal = true
  responseSpeed = 8
  }
}

• 1 month later...
On April 24, 2016 at 11:51 AM, sarbian said:

I will try to have a look in the week. KM_Gimbal will be gone since most of its functions are stock. I ll add a new module that only does the trimming

Awesome. This is the thing I'm missing the most. Let me know if I can help in any way. I'd be happy to write module configs if need be. I love this parts pack and have been missing it in 1.1. The fuel tanks are amazing for shuttle building.

I will be away for a few days so it will have to wait on my return. If someone want to look at the cfg it will make my life easier (I guess it only need km_gimbal replaced by the stock gimbal ?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.