What Mods do you use?

Taki117

So, I've been playing KSP for a while, and have a few mods installed, but I was curious, what mods does the community reccomend?

I Have MechJeb, Kerbal Crew Manifest, Enhanced Navball, Docking port Alignment by NavyFish, and Procedural Fairings.

Right now my sandbox install has:

KW Rocketry

AIES Aerospace

THSS Strut pack

Chatterer

TAC Life Support

TAC Fuel Balancer

KAS

MechJeb (for delta-V and such, the 0.22 SAS precludes my need for it)

PreciseNode (of course)

NavBall Improvement

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Universe Replacer

Procedural Fairings

Nucleonics Ltd.

ModuleManager with a personal config file (using Squad engine stats with KW and AIES models)

zzz's container models with TAC resources.

Near Future Propulsion Pack (no engines, just the containers modded to have TAC resources)

I've left out Kethane this time, too much busy-work for really no additional game fun (YMMV).

I've wanted to use FAR + KIDS + DRE + MFS, but the problem is the amount of work necessary to take my personal configs and turn them into something workable by those mods. I'm considering a completely new install to play around with those. That would make four installs of KSP...

All of them. :) This is an incomplete list. I've added some more:

Currently using these in Career Mode. Subject to change without notice. Also subject to being unfinished. Cause I’ll maybe finish linking later.

[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack R4.0c

[0.22]Cabana Corp. Research & Development [23/10]

SN Service Module

SN Advanced Service Module

Engineer Redux

ExsurgentEngineering

[0.22] NovaPunch 2.03 – Integrated into Career Mode for KSP 0.22!

NovaPunch 2.03a Texture Reduction Pack (Updated)

KWRocketry

Docking Port Alignment Indicator [Version 2.1]

[0.22] Near-Future Propulsion v0.22

PreciseNode

ResGen

RLA_ElectricEngines

RLA_Stockalike

ScienceLog

[0.21.1] SteamGauges V1.2

TacFuelBalancer

TreeLoader

TriggerTech

TV PP

Interstellar Thingie

RLA Stockalike

Near Future Propulsion Pack

Debating on whether to download KSPX and KAS. Not really sure whether I need KSPX with the other two part packs. I'm pretty pedantic when it comes to mods, they have to look like the stock parts. So as good as it is, no b9 for me.

All of them. :)

Ekliptical, how have you managed to get all of those to run simultaneously? I've been able to run similar configs in the past, but for some reason can't for the life of me in this version. Even a JUST B9 installation randomly crashes for me.

Ekliptical, how have you managed to get all of those to run simultaneously? I've been able to run similar configs in the past, but for some reason can't for the life of me in this version. Even a JUST B9 installation randomly crashes for me.

Turn your graphic settigs down is good first step...using the texture reduction pack when available helps too..

Mods I have currently installed:

ASET Lander Cabin

EditorExtensions

HOME Gen2

EPLP

FusTek CBM

Firespitter

KAS

Kethane

KerbalJointReinforcement

KW Rocketry

MJ2

Protractor

and

SCANsat

I decided to challenge myself a bit, so I brewed up the following for my career mode:

To make stuff harder:

Ioncross Crew Support

FAR

Deadly Reentry

Remotetech

To add some variety to playstyle:

Kethane

Scansat

KAS

Parts to fill some niches:

KSPX

RLA stockalike

3m parts from KWrocketry

kommit Nucleonics

Procedural Fairings

Convenience mods:

Joint Reinforcement so I don't have to bother strutting big boosters.

Kerbal Engineer to save time figuring out dV and allow more precise orbital maneuvers.

Fscience, science data transfer to allow for Apollo style missions (Very important if your heatshield isn't on your lander)

Partcatalog to keep track of it all.

For the pretty eyecandy:

Builderco city lights and clouds.

Universe Replacer with high res textures.

So far it has been a very enjoyable mix. Especially Remotetech has been brutal for my science progression so far. Although the restrictions Deadly reentry puts on your atmospheric vehicles has been fun as well. On my very first mission (Munar flyby) I actually had to preform skip reentry to survive within the time limit given by Ioncross. That was some nail biting action. I hope to get a bit more of an infrastructure going soon. With a constellation around Kerbin and the mun. The plan is to build a base on minmus and the moon for Kethane operations as soon as I unlock docking ports.

Even a JUST B9 installation randomly crashes for me.

Although B-9 is my favorite mod it does cause my game to crash but I feel that's because I make huge SSTOs that I wouldn't attempt normally. So on .22 I have quite a few mods and have had no crashes but no B-9 :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.