KMP Public Server Collection

Rockhem

any mod compadible servers? i dont want to have to go into my program files and delete every single mod in it that would be a real pain

Right now there's mainly stock servers, however if you are using mechjeb specifically, instead of using the mechjeb unit that you slap on command pods, you can edit the .cfg file of each command pod and add these lines towards the end (right before the last ending squigly bracket):

Example: This is the last few lines of the 0.22 mark1 command pod:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleScienceContainer

reviewActionName = Review Stored Data

storeActionName = Store Experiments

evaOnlyStorage = True

storageRange = 1.3

}

}

Change it to this:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleScienceContainer

reviewActionName = Review Stored Data

storeActionName = Store Experiments

evaOnlyStorage = True

storageRange = 1.3

}

MODULE

{

name = MechJebCore

}

}

And mechjeb will work fine. This being said, most mods that _do not_ involve special components should work.

Did you install the KMP save file that comes with the mod? I think that is what causes that.

I did i copied and pasted as the README said to do.

""Installation

------------

Simply copy the contents of KMP.zip to your KSP directory. Be sure you copy both the "GameData" &

"saves" folders as both are required for KMP to function correctly. It is recommended that you use

a fresh copy of KSP for playing KMP--as KMP is in an EARLY ALPHA state it could potentially cause

major issues even for non-KMP sessions, and KMP is not compatible with most other KSP mods.""

What i did was copy from the Zip folder and pasted on top of the KSP Directory and merged the folders. :)

Please advise. Thank you.

Did you install the KMP save file that comes with the mod? I think that is what causes that.

I'm pretty sure it says that when the server is full. After requesting access to a server and getting the same error, I joined another and saw in chat a message stating that the server was full. I'm reasonably certain these events are correlated in a meaningful way...

So for the problem with getting stuck at the infamus Connected to Server! Handshaking...", I have found the solution though it works on one pc but not the other... so yah u can try it :)

"""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by matteyothecrazy View Post

but... how do you connect after the virtual handshake???

If you cant get past Handshake, be sure you have KMP folder with all things in it in the Saves folder ingame. If you dont, download mod again and carefully copy everything

http://i.imgur.com/jtUt2iZl.png """""""""""

i found this on another thread :) it helped me for one pc but not the other so , so far 50, 50 ratio...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Temp. Server

Jungfaha Corporation

Thanx to the encouragment and motivation from our '' '' Moderator [Mercury***] Deuces - Senior Manager KSP - [JungC] '' '' We have a KSP server and are hosting at :

**.*.**.**:1900 [Hosted by: Validus [JungC] Central USA (Name: Promethius)]

also try here :)

***.**.***.****:2076 [Hosted by: Mintme [JungC] New zealand (Name: Subspace)]

We are white listed so be sure to go to our website at www.jungfahacorporation.com or click here. Also u can visite our KSP thread by clicking here.

How to become a member? Easy, go to the team website and join us on raidcall :) cya soon.

Edited by Jungfaha
IP Changes and servers are down :(

It would be great if someone could make a tutorial on how to make a server for KMP I've been trying but I just can't get it so some help would be nice

We would be happy to help please join us on raidcall and or look us up www.jungfahacorporation.com. Cya around :)

Oh and yes ill see if one of the team members or I is available to make a video on how to make a KSP KMP Server.

Want to ask for help live? and see whats up try this link ! http://www.livestream.com/jungfaha or try http://livestre.am/4FQeo

Edited by Jungfaha
Added info ++

I'm running a server designed to support mods. To keep everyone on the same page and to speed up installation I'm bundling the mods together into repacks, with the associated KMP part list file included with all of the parts added. I'm also looking at various ways to help integrate different mods into KMP, weather that be a small patch, or in the larger scheme a separate client. The goal of the separate client being to synchronize Kethane / Mapsat / whatever data KMP does not directly handle at the moment. So far the secondary client is in concept stage, but I have patched kOS to clear a game breaking bug, and that's working well. Any modified versions of mods (patched for some reason or another) will have the source posted along with the repack, non altered mods can be downloaded from their respective forum posts and on spaceport. The mod versions will be posted inside the repack as well.

Kerbal Modified Multiplayer

Server: kmmp.servegame.com:2076

Server Info: kmmp.servegame.com:8081

Repacks/General Info: kmmp.servegame.com

Current Version: repack002

Mods as of now:

KMP(v0.1.2)

Deadly Reentry Continued v3

FAR

ISA Mapsat 4 Dev Build 2

Mechjeb2

Kethane 0.8

Lazor System v31

KAS v0.4.4

OrbitalConstruction Redux

Extraplanetary Launchpads v3.3

kOS Scriptable Autopilot v0.9.2 (modified)

Known Issues: Kethane data is stored in the persistence file, in the KMP save directory. It is unclear what happens to this data when switching servers, before switching servers, it's recommended that you back up this persistence file, or risk loosing your scan data. This would be one of the first things any future client would handle behind the scenes until KMP / Kethane / anything else decide to play nice together.

I'm also going to be running a testing server under the same url, different port, for the latest dev-build of KMP, assuming I can keep up. The latest release will always be on 2076. Information on that will be found on the site and in the MOTD.

Any requests to support other mods are welcomed, and the mod list will be changed / added upon very soon. Mods that do not contain parts, (SelectRoot, EnhancedNavball, Fusebox) are generally client independent and are not included in the repack, use at your discretion.

Edited by nevermoto

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.