Narrator - A Forum Game based on The Stanley Parable

Needles_10

In this game, you guide the path of Stanley (or not) as the Narrator from "The Stanley Parable".

Rules:

(1) No spamming/flaming/trolling

(2) Direct all speech toward Stanley. You can describe if Stanley listens to you or not, and what he does. You can, of course, talk to Stanley.

(3) I (and maybe another person) will determine Game Restarts.

(4) Have fun!

-------------------------

Stanley got up from his desk and walked out the door to his office.

He looked to the left, and when he saw that the facsimile machine was working, he walked over to the machine and pushed the "Receive Fax" button.

Stanley decided it must be for someone else. He had been pushing buttons as his job, as such it was highly unlikely that something that important would be for him. He passed all the doors on his right as he walked down the length of the offices.

Edited by Lazro

"Stanley!", The narrator said with great glee and exuberance, "You must take these pills!", and directed him towards a unmarked prescription bottle brimming with medication that was in the bathroom. A few moments after he took he last of the hundreds of pills, Stanley began to feel dizzy and fatigued, and eventually fell asleep.

Little did Stanley know that by pushing the buttons, he was setting off 100, 50 million-megaton Hydrogen bombs in developing countries. He eventually found the right button to open a door in the side, but the damage had already been done. He went outside and found a lollipop with it's paper stick staked in the ground.

Hang on, what? That wasn't in the script before. I thought I had edited that bit out. Actually, Stanley, go out and see what's happened. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding between me and the game's coders.

Edited by Lazro

Stanley stands there for six minutes and fifty-one seconds, and walks across the hole...wait, what? Stanley, I know you can walk, but you just can't walk across holes the size of Angola! Hold on, let me check something.

Hmm, it seems that you've walked across to the other side of the hole safely before I could find out what you were standing on, if anything. Either you activated Server-Cheats while I wasn't looking, the hole hit the invisible floor of the terrain, or something has gone wrong which was fixed just a while ago. Eh, we'll just pick up the story from here.

After walking across a hole the size of Angola, Stanley comes upon a set of three open doors, and walked through the middle one.

He finally understood--

Waitaminute.

Stanley-- Stanley, why are you here already?! You can't just walk through the terrain and reach this; you've spoiled the whole story now! Rrrgh, your inability to listen to me drives me mad sometimes. What are you trying to prove? That you're better than me? That you know more about this place than I? Look, Stanley, we've probably gone through this before, but I know how the story goes because I wrote it. Now, Stanley looked at the sign before walking all the way in. He stood there for a while, looking up. Then he crouched and noticed two open air ducts. He crawled into the left duct.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.