Narrator - A Forum Game based on The Stanley Parable

Needles_10

Nothing came out of the vending machine. Frustrated, Stanley paced around the room before moving into the hallway, and onto a large catwalk hanging over-- hold on, we were here before, weren't we? Why do we always end up right here? This is ridiculous; you just left here and now, because of your incompetence, you've managed to end up here again. I'm restarting.

[[RESTART]]

Stanley got up from his desk and walked out the door to his office.

He looked to the left, and when he saw that the facsimile machine was working, he walked over to the machine and pushed the "Receive Fax" button.

after pressing the button, Stanley looked again and saw that instead of pressing the "Receive Fax" button, he pushed the "Secret Elevator" button which took him down to a secret lit room containing a large device on a table covered in a sheet.

Stanley stumbled back and grabbed a tissue box, and cleared his sinuses--what? Stanley, since when did you have dust allergies? For all you know, you've been living in this office building for your life now. You know what we need to do? Go on an adventure! Come along, go into the open door! To your left! Ah yes, this is more like it. A large train station, what could be more interesting to explore? Go ahead and look around! Find a way into the third column on the façade; there's a spiral staircase inside.

In an attempt to prove that he was better than the narrator, he jumped into the path of an incoming train and was instantly killed. Good job, Stanley.

Stanely suddenly woke up. It was just a bad dream, it seemed. He decided to get back to business.

Stanley got up from his desk and walked out the door to his office.

He looked to the left, and when he saw that the facsimile machine was working, he walked over to the machine and pushed the "Receive Fax" button.

Edited by Lazro

The fax read:

*ahem*

"To all workers:

Report to Section 4R6. You need to complete a new task involving long-term cryogenic stasis.

*Mh&YC#Y($@ff21(%*@_-=+/*ERR:_Div/0"

The ending was unintelligibly garbled. Stanley assumed, by the occasional faxes which come in through the system, that it was probably a signature which the fax machine lost in the process of sending. He knew it was for him, but it was more than 3 hours old. Stanley put the fax down, and thought: "Should I go down there? I don't remember where 4R6 is. Was I not told? Yes, I probably wasn't." So Stanley walked into the next set of offices and noticed a faded yellow line crossing itself.

((Lazro, note that I, and possibly one other person of my choice, can allow restarts. Edit that to say something along the lines of "Stanley suddenly came to his senses. It was just a bad daydream."))

Edited by Needles_10

Hmm. This is rather strange, Stanley. You're not supposed to be seeing this until another story arc. Tell you what, we'll pretend that I never said that last sentence. It'll be an adventure, Stanley! Let us follow that yellow line!

Stanley was very bad at following directions and hated the concept of "story" or "plot." He was an anarchist and also probably a communist, and had an absolute disrespect for anything that might end up productive.

Wait, what? Stanley, what have you done!? You should be pressing a button on the facsimile machine! Do you have an idea on how much time went into writing this story? You're ruining it all! Quick, turn around and get back to the office!

Stanley crashed into the bottom of the game world and--

Wait, Stanley, this isn't right. We haven't finished developing this bit of the map yet. We haven't even put in any kind of puzzle or moral dilemma. Stanley, you may in fact be trapped here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.