Useful/Cool Subassemblies

Highlad

So, With the new 0.22 Update, we are able to have stock Subassemblies. My question is, what cool things have you got in your subassembly folder?

Post your awesome or useful (or a bit of both) Subassemblies here!

If you want to share your launchers, I suggest visiting this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54880-Share-your-launchers-MEGATHREAD as it is more launcher focused :D

Edited by Highlad
Adding new link

I don't really have other subs' other than launchers. The original post here was retracted when someone later on suggested I repost my launchers on the Megathread.

Edited by Blue

Here are are a few examples of other types of subassemblies:

Resource Module:

tumblr_mvk1p3z49i1rh6bqdo1_1280.png

Fuel Module:

tumblr_mvk1p3z49i1rh6bqdo2_1280.png

Note: the cockpit is just there as something to attach the module to.

Small Skycrane:

tumblr_mvk1p3z49i1rh6bqdo3_1280.png

Note: the small drone on the bottom is just something to attach the skycrane to.

Science Module:

tumblr_mvk1p3z49i1rh6bqdo4_1280.png

And here are the craft files:

http://www./?rd691d5ix3vranb

Edited by Highlad

Here's the four non-launcher Subassemblies I have so far:

EdTZUzPl.png

The T30 and T45 engine assemblies are just pretty ways of putting an engine and 400 kvu of fuel on the bottom of a rocket. They form a part of most of my launcher subassemblies (subassemblyception?).

The basic rover is something I cooked up in the SPH to use as part of a Mun lander. The subassembly system is quite handy for that sort of thing.

The transfer stage is something I ended up using commonly for transmunar travel, like interplanetary probes and manned Mun/Minmus missions. I was rebuilding it so much I decided to make it into a subassembly. You can see in the image how I balanced the 88-88 with a solar panel as they're the same mass.

I regularily use a small unmanned tug "Tuggy" for working on spacestations based on RCS engines.

And the cool part is, that it is stackable, because it has on both ends large docking ports.

Craft File

UNRkG7U.jpg

You know, that post inspired me to build my own sort of tug complete with a shortening rocket that stays together via Docking Ports and I can shove it back in when I have done and refuel it.

Don't see much sense in this thread, al of these thing can be made in like 30 seconds..

Yeah, subassemblies are dumb. Have you made a mod to remove the tab completely? You probably should if subassemblies are so senseless.

The Subassemblies here are 30 seconds work, launchers require hours of work sometimes. 5 parts stocked together isn't very creative for a useful subassembly. It is much faster and easier to open ksp and make it than download it and copy it to your folder...

Here you have some of my weapons pods. There's a pod with 3 small spin-stabilised missiles, a pod with a light bomb and another one with a medium bomb (all of them with the separation/launch systems).

screenshot57.png

Download

*Note: You'll have to set up the staging and action groups*

By the way, for those who say subassemblies are 30 seconds work, these took me quite a time to get done right.

Edited by MoreasGamin

My only gripe with the subassembly thing is that it won't let me save anything with a command pod or probe core. So no satellites. I keep a couple or three launchers in mine, along with various and sundry other things, depending on whatever project I'm working on at the time. Since most of what I develop has a core to it, I can't really save them, so I have to do it ".21 style".

Don't see much sense in this thread, al of these thing can be made in like 30 seconds..

From the first page of comments on this thread you've been dissing it, and it really does annoy me. He has the right to have a subassembly thread without someone coming and sayings its worthless. No one has come onto your Launcher thread and called IT useless, have they? No. So show some respect will you. Whether it took 30 seconds or 3 hours, if they feel its worth sharing, they have the right to share it without someone telling them its useless, regardless of how long it took to make. Geesh.

Edited by Odo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.