Question/coment/suggestion

Well, there are no connection points on top of those items. But I'm sure you are aware of that.

why would you want to obstruct either of those items? If it is a temp obstruction, like an escape tower, why not build a structure around those items and have them on decouplers so you can get rid of them when you no longer need them?

can you tells us what you are trying to accomplish?

I use those ports on spaceplanes I send to laythe. It would make it much, much easier to send them there if you could actually attach something to the top node, so that you could send it into LKO on a rocket. Maybe tweakables will allow us to open the shield in the VAB.

Or just allow attachment below jet engines and aerospikes.

also the sheilded docking port should have it's drag factor tweaked - say .15 closed, .35 open - also the sheild should be ripped off if open while traveling at speeed in atmosphere? (leaving it at .25 drag like a normal port?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.